• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

08E6C05F-47F8-447F-9B70-4513309F6798.png

You’re welcome for my service

What caliber are you shooting there with your axsr? Are you shooting matches with it?
That’s the one true caliber in the one true color. 308.

Yep, been running matches since March with it. I was bouncing between 6.5cm and 308 all year but in 2024 I’m just going to run 175gr 308.

2024 Steel Safari and Team Safari though will be done with 6.5CM and NF ELR will be 300PRC.

In 2025 I’ll jump over to 6.5cm.

I love this rifle.

New AI AT owner here...

What is the interoperability of parts between the AICS Rem 700 chassis and the AI AT?

If I purchase an AICS Rem 700 SA chassis can I then take the folding hinge and stock sides and change them with my AI AT fixed stock?

Thanks

That’s the one true caliber in the one true color. 308.

Yep, been running matches since March with it. I was bouncing between 6.5cm and 308 all year but in 2024 I’m just going to run 175gr 308.

2024 Steel Safari and Team Safari though will be done with 6.5CM and NF ELR will be 300PRC.

In 2025 I’ll jump over to 6.5cm.

I love this rifle.
Excellent. I've been thinking about building another short action caliber match gun, but my axsr always looks at me like I got caught with a side chick. 🤣 I've got the 308 bolt body and mag, so maybe I'll just spin up a 6.5 barrel.

New AI AT owner here...

What is the interoperability of parts between the AICS Rem 700 chassis and the AI AT?

If I purchase an AICS Rem 700 SA chassis can I then take the folding hinge and stock sides and change them with my AI AT fixed stock?

Thanks
Anyone?

Found a few threads indicating you can debond the chassis rear?

Anyone?

Found a few threads indicating you can debond the chassis rear?
Only if it is an AT AICS chassis that looks like this will the hinge work on the AT rifle because the hinge is bolted and bonded to the chassis.

IMG_8291.jpeg

image002.jpeg

Earlier AICS like this are pinned with 8mm pins and bonded together and will not “bolt on” the AT rifle chassis.

IMG_8166.jpeg

IMG_4093.jpeg

The front skins absolutely will not fit, however the butt skins are a direct bolt on to the hinged AT butt skeleton because the dimensions of the L shaped skeleton have never changed on any folding AI rifle with a thumbhole.

IMG_3740.jpeg

Last edited:
Only if it is an AT AICS chassis that looks like this will the hinge work on the AT rifle because the hinge is bolted and bonded to the chassis.

View attachment 8280632

View attachment 8280646

Earlier AICS like this are pinned with 8mm pins and bonded together and will not “bolt on” the AT rifle chassis.

View attachment 8280634

View attachment 8280644

The front skins absolutely will not fit, however the butt skins are a direct bolt on to the hinged AT butt skeleton because the dimensions of the L shaped skeleton have never changed on any folding AI rifle with a thumbhole.

View attachment 8280635
So hawt.

Reactions: VSP968
WTF happened to all the thumb rests by AO?

And I’m itching for a new barrel for my AT. The 308 puckered out after 800 and seeing guys make hits with the 6.5s and 6’s easily and at longer range made me say well damn
1701059253683.gif

Reactions: M8541Reaper
WTF happened to all the thumb rests by AO?

And I’m itching for a new barrel for my AT. The 308 puckered out after 800 and seeing guys make hits with the 6.5s and 6’s easily and at longer range made me say well damnView attachment 8282292

What bullet were you shooting? I’ve taken my 308 barrel to 1100 at sea level. Wind calls get challenging at that range and it’s not as easy as 7-800, but it’s still doable. I get what you’re saying about it being frustrating that a 6.5/6mm or another cartridge with more horsepower was getting hits easier, but isn’t that sometimes the point? I bought my 308 barrel so I could learn reading and shooting in wind at long range, but at a distance that I could easily access. I’d have to go to 3x the distance with my 300NM.

This was with a 24” barrel in my AXSR using 175 FGMM.

Reactions: DKN83
What bullet were you shooting? I’ve taken my 308 barrel to 1100 at sea level. Wind calls get challenging at that range and it’s not as easy as 7-800, but it’s still doable. I get what you’re saying about it being frustrating that a 6.5/6mm or another cartridge with more horsepower was getting hits easier, but isn’t that sometimes the point? I bought my 308 barrel so I could learn reading and shooting in wind at long range, but at a distance that I could easily access. I’d have to go to 3x the distance with my 300NM.

This was with a 24” barrel in my AXSR using 175 FGMM.
168s

I’m gonna try some 178ELDX next, but if I start playing in local matches ill
Probably get a 6.5 creed barrel.

Well I had a moment of weakness this weekend and bought another AI to go along with my AXMC. Been wanting a thumbhole stock AI for years and I was eying an AW but I haven’t been able to locate a 308 green stock variant in the condition that I wanted. I was window shopping Eurooptic and placed some items in my cart. Lo and behold two days later I get an email. We exchange an email or two and a phone call later I got pretty much an entire AT setup at what I thought was a very good price. Eurooptic is so great to work with as is Mile High. Shout out to Micheal at Eurooptic if he reads this. Excited to get this build out together and hopefully I get to shoot it next week. Pictures to follow once I get everything in. The thumbhole skins i had already purchased a few years ago from UKsporting just in case I ever got an AT. I figured I could always sell them if it didn’t work out.

Last edited:
Reactions: TylerN and samb300
Well I had a moment of weakness this weekend and bought another AI to go along with my AXMC. Been wanting a thumbhole stock AI for years and I was eying an AW but I haven’t been able to locate a 308 green stock variant in the condition that I wanted. I was window shopping Eurooptic and placed some items in my cart and lo and behold two days later I get an email. We exchange an email or two and a phone call later I got pretty much an entire AT setup at what I thought was a very good price. Eurooptic is so great to work with as is Mike High. Shout out to Micheal at Eurooptic if he reads this. Excited to get this build out together and hopefully I get to shoot it next week. Pictures to follow once I get everything in. The thumbhole skins i had already purchased a few years ago from UKsporting just in case I ever got an AT. I figured I could always sell them if it didn’t work out.
Now you’ve become a true AI owner. The gods of thumbhole green AI’s are pleased with you on this day

168s

I’m gonna try some 178ELDX next, but if I start playing in local matches ill
Probably get a 6.5 creed barrel.
If you’re doing local matches that aren’t elr or caliber restricted, best to do a hot 6mm unless you want to do a lot of factory ammo. Either way, I hear ya. 308 is like a mortar.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
If you’re doing local matches that aren’t elr or caliber restricted, best to do a hot 6mm unless you want to do a lot of factory ammo. Either way, I hear ya. 308 is like a mortar.
I was very suprised with a 6mmBR so the jury is still out. But then I gotta dig around with mag kits.

Who knows. I may cheat on my AI with an Impact action after fondling one today.

Once you exit the 12lbsboltliftgang your out. This is mafia shit. No coming back. Ask @Krob95
I know he’s a damn traitor

I’ll probably snag a 6.5 creed barrel
And run the dog shit out of it. Cheaper that way.

Just waiting on a damn AO thumb rest now too