• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Any option other than "preserving resale value" is (y)(y)

Rattle can it if that's your style.
Get a custom Cerakote job if that's your jam.

Either way add your personal taste and make it yours. And if your happy with the factory color such as the delusional ES squad the that's Ok also :ROFLMAO:. Just don't make your decisions about your gear so you can sell it to the next owner :cool:.
1703483342358.gif

What if you aren’t afraid to paint but you possess the one true color. The elite of the elite. The color to end all colour. The sands of greatness. The. Elite. Sand.
???

I expected to paint mine the day I got it. Had the paint ready to go. …until I laid me gaze upon the glorious sands. The unmatched beauty hypnotized me. The cans rattled out of my hand. Euphoria washed over my quivering soul. Knowing that it’s embrace would keep me warm throughout the winter, as I ran my fingers along the supple crest of the lines.

*Ahem*

Umm where was I? Oh yea. So umm yea painting is

People only care about resale of AIs because they didn't buy it in Elite Sand

Elite Sand is for life, not just for Christmas
IMG_5433.jpeg

Nope, you have that backwards. Only Poors would rattle can an AI. Kinda like curb feelers on a Cadillac.
Negative. People who sue their rifles know they will get scratch’s and scuffs and a fresh paint job takes 5 minutes.

Cerakote your sending it out. Have someone who may or may not reassemble corrextly. Etc

9C9B667A-ED98-40CD-B90A-53A1BBCC5D24.jpeg
2D6BC69F-2A82-4667-B964-ABED812B3BAD.jpeg
F88FDFCA-4DED-41E3-A7D5-BCDE3CE22D21.gif

#betterthanany”pro”job

Im gonna be the odd one out and say i like my all black axsr. You really dont see many around that arent tan, green or cement
Same. I love my all black AXMC but I did add a green thumbhole AT recently. I love seeing all the rattle can paint jobs though. They do look nice but just not my rifle. And nope, I am not selling any of my AI. They will stay with me until death. Favorite guns I own.

Gotta say thank you gents for the Christmas present this thread has been the last 12 hours 🤣..... I have appreciated the chuckles....

Mandatory ai field pic....
#checkthedope
#rainwashedoffmykrylon
#palebrownwinsthefight
#hifromdirtymikentheboys
#merrychristmasyafilthyanimals

20230611_080418.jpg

Been lurking for years...first post cuz i'm about to buy an Ai.

I've decided my first precision LR rifle (used a very lightweight 7mm rem mag for hunting in past) will be an Ai.

What i've gathered from reading all 329 pages of this thread:

Learning long range on 338 lapua magnum is great due to inexpensive cost of ammo and how it helps you learn to deal with recoil via maintaining sight picture.

ZCO good and Nightforce is poor now? - I just bought a pct3 because the reticle looked cool for ranging since I am now too poor to buy a proper LRF. Now that i've spent $4k on an optic i probably need to buy a rifle.

AXSR - just buy it if you ever want to shoot .338 or other long action and save money from buying multiple rifles.

Got a few questions before I pull the trigger on an AXSR that didn't seem apparent from reading this thread.

1. Is the AXSR stock firing pin (Large or small or whatever it is) ok to use with .338 LM, .308, and 6.5CM? I plan to shoot primarily manbun and .308, end the day with some .338 probably. Don't want to pierce primers and it seems like people have been having that issue with 6.5 specifically? Or was that just with the older MC?

2. Is the AXSR too big to fire out of various firing positions like kneeling, siting, standing? It looks really big and awkward in some pics and then manageable in others. I plan to use this for all shooting that I will do, including plinking, hunting (18.5 proof barrel), and potentially competition like PRS which I am learning about.

3. is the AXSR being replaced at shot show and will it be impossible to find conversion parts as a result?

4. are .308 bolts actually hard to get? They look in stock on mile high? as of a week ago people are saying there are extremely long waits on these?

When I get it all set up i'll post a pic in here for absolution for ruining a pic thread with a wall of text.

Last edited:

I've decided my first precision LR rifle (used a very lightweight 7mm rem mag for hunting in past) will be an Ai.

Learning long range on 338 lapua magnum is great due to inexpensive cost of ammo and how it helps you learn to deal with recoil via maintaining sight picture.

ZCO good and Nightforce is poor now? - I just bought a pct3 because the reticle looked cool for ranging since I am now too poor to buy a proper LRF. Now that i've spent $4k on an optic i probably need to buy a rifle.

AXSR - just buy it if you ever want to shoot .338 or other long action and save money from buying multiple rifles.

Got a few questions before I pull the trigger on an AXSR that didn't seem apparent from reading this thread.

1. Is the AXSR stock firing pin (Large or small or whatever it is) ok to use with .338 LM, .308, and 6.5CM? I plan to shoot primarily manbun and .308, end the day with some .338 probably. Don't want to pierce primers and it seems like people have been having that issue with 6.5 specifically? Or was that just with the older MC?

2. Is the AXSR too big to fire out of various firing positions like kneeling, siting, standing? It looks really big and awkward in some pics and then manageable in others. I plan to use this for all shooting that I will do, including plinking, hunting (18.5 proof barrel), and potentially competition like PRS which I am learning about.

3. is the AXSR being replaced at shot show and will it be impossible to find conversion parts as a result?

When I get it all set up i'll post a pic in here for absolution for ruining a pic thread with a wall of text.
Go get a used AT outs the Px. Plenty to choose from

Stay with a SA caliber for now. 308 or 6.5 creed

AIs are addicting and the tend to multiply in the safe. One becomes two, two become four, etc etc

sir I was meming. plan on shooting mainly 6.5 and .308 but definitely want to shoot .338 eventually.
It’s hard to think about what you want to do with a tool before even knowing what you want to do with the tool.

If you want to shoot PRS/NRL style, then the ATX is the best tool in the AI product line.

If you want to strictly shoot prone or tripod long range to extreme long range, then the AXSR is a good tool considering you can use a magnum or lapua bolt face. Of course you can also shoot 308 based cartridges, but I wouldn’t make that a primary motivator.

I found that when I tried to make one rifle the “do it all rifle” I was more disappointed than having a dedicated rifle for the application I want to use it for.

It’s hard to think about what you want to do with a tool before even knowing what you want to do with the tool.

If you want to shoot PRS/NRL style, then the ATX is the best tool in the AI product line.

If you want to strictly shoot prone or tripod long range to extreme long range, then the AXSR is a good tool considering you can use a magnum or lapua bolt face. Of course you can also shoot 308 based cartridges, but I wouldn’t make that a primary motivator.

I found that when I tried to make one rifle the “do it all rifle” I was more disappointed than having a dedicated rifle for the application I want to use it for.
Makes sense ofc. I'd say competition is a "maybe i'd dable" thing, not a primary motivator.

Most important to me is it is great for long range plinking (seems excellent at this) and decent enough to be workable for positional shooting for messing around hunting etc. Seems like AXSR is great at this combo?

If I dabbled with it in competition and liked comp, i'm sure id just buy a competition specific setup eventually anyways.

4. are .308 bolts actually hard to get? They look in stock on mile high? as of a week ago people are saying there are extremely long waits on these?

1. Doesn't really matter small or large. Both my AIs have large and I don't pierce primers. If you do, the firing pin protrusion is adjustable. I had to do it on my AW. Simple.

2. You have to remember that the AXSR was originally designed to do. It will not be great at everything. No one shoots it from the standing position. Maybe for the shits and giggles. The rifle is definitely too heavy for that.

3. AI parts are pretty easy to come by.

4. Have to look around. They pop up on the hide. Or contact Montic on the hide. I think he has a list for people who are waiting on them.

Makes sense ofc. I'd say competition is a "maybe i'd dable" thing, not a primary motivator.

Most important to me is it is great for long range plinking (seems excellent at this) and decent enough to be workable for positional shooting for messing around hunting etc. Seems like AXSR is great at this combo?

If I dabbled with it in competition and liked comp, i'm sure id just buy a competition specific setup eventually anyways.
How far do you plan to shoot?

Show him pics of your AT
If he read this entire thread I’m sure he’s seen enough pics to help his case

Just wondering how far he plans to shoot. There’s a big difference in how the AT or ATX handles compared to the AXMC or AXSR

My AXMC although nice had a much more blockier type feel then my AT.

If he plans to shoot out to 1000-1200 yards then my suggestion would be an AT or ATX in 6.5

Of course if he needs the 338 then AXSR is the way to go

Mile high or @MOUNTIC have plenty of parts. Or watch the px here. I’d get SFP for the 6.5 bolt for sure. Just to avoid potential problems with primer flow

How far do you plan to shoot?
1k-1mile max. have ranges near me for both that I'm going to get a membership for.

Also - i've saved like 50 pics from this thread as inspiration, AT with thumbhole is preety beautiful rifle. So is AXSR with 18.5 proof :) So I think they are equally "cool" since that is preety important. I have a Helios QD Ti supressor I plan to run with .308 and 6.5 creed already. So I figure with the TI supressor direct thread (weighs about as much as a muzzle break or less), and a proof 18.5, the AXSR would be relatively maneuverable for when i'm shooting short action cartridges?

Last edited:
1k-1mile max. have ranges near me for both that I'm going to get a membership for.

Also - i've saved like 50 pics from this thread as inspiration, AT with thumbhole is preety beautiful rifle. So is AXSR with 18.5 proof :) So I think they are equally "cool" since that is preety important. I have a Helios QD Ti supressor I plan to run with .308 and 6.5 creed already. So I figure with the TI supressor direct thread (weighs about as much as a muzzle break or less), and a proof 18.5, the AXSR would be relatively maneuverable?
@M8541Reaper shoots AXSR a lot. He’d be a good one to chime in for you

If you plan to shoot to a mile and prs comps are only a maybe thing then get the AXSR. The calibers are more suited for a mile. Not that a 6.5/260 or 6.5 PRC can’t do it. But the 7/30/338 cals do it better

You can always make an AXSR a 6.5. You can’t make an AT a 338 LM so there’s that

The AXSA and AXMC/AXSR are just a taller/blockier design then a AT or ATX. At least from my experience. Which just makes them harder to maneuver or shoot from different positions

Again not that it can’t be done. But there’s a noticeable difference from my AT to what my AXMC was. My ATX should be closer to my AT for feel. So far just from dry firing and what not it seems much closer

Just for reference I run my AT and ATX cheek risers in their lowest positions. The ATX has the same optic and spuhr mount as the AXMC had. With the MC and the NF 7-35 my cheek rest was in the highest position. Even with that I had to have the wiebad cheek pad on it to get to the correct height. Had I kept the gun I’d have added something under it to get even higher.

Last edited:
1. Doesn't really matter small or large. Both my AIs have large and I don't pierce primers. If you do, the firing pin protrusion is adjustable. I had to do it on my AW. Simple.
Have you shot 6.5 CM with the small rifle primers? I ask because I talked to Mile High and they gave me the directions to measure the protrusion and it seemed fine. However, I still pierce 6.5 CM cartridges with small rifle primers.

Whether I measured it correctly is another thing. Do you have any directions you can provide for measurement and adjustment?

Have you shot 6.5 CM with the small rifle primers? I ask because I talked to Mile High and they gave me the directions to measure the protrusion and it seemed fine. However, I still pierce 6.5 CM cartridges with small rifle primers.

Whether I measured it correctly is another thing. Do you have any directions you can provide for measurement and adjustment?
I keep mine simple and both my AW and MC are Large Rifle. I did have piercing primer issues when I had my .243 barrel on the AW. There was a thread about it on the hide and turns out you can adjust the AI firing pins a half turn or so. I had a friend do mine and it stopped that issue. Way back in the day people were having issues piercing primers on their 260s and I think the 6.5x47s. I am almost positive that this is in the AI armorers course they use to teach. Probably 10 or so years ago. Going from memory, on the bottom of the bolt here are 2 set screws back to back and they would have to be removed, then you can turn the firing pin.

Reactions: Nik H
Starbridge just and idea, my vote for the best value AI is an original AX308. Shop around and they can be had for 3k shipped. For that money they are fantastic rifles. I’ve even seen AEs sell for more than AX308s. AX308 have the same action as the legendary AW.

They are a gun that Will for sure go up in value in the next 10 years right now they are probably at the lowest they will ever sell for. I’m partial to a thumbhole AI but the forened on the AX will allow you to have more options for things like weights and bipods right from the get go. You’ll be able to run NV setups too. You will miss out on being able to use magnums calibers but with the saved money it will make the glass feel like less of a hit.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
F that you can get At-x for $3500 with a pile of accessories.
Agreed. Personally unless I had the tools to change the barrel on early AX I’d get one with the quickloc which to my knowledge those don’t have. And yes I’ve seen the video of the barrel change with a crescent wrench and hammer so I know it can be done

Add the tool cost in there and your buying several models of AI with quickloc on them

If a person plans to stick with 308 it really isn’t a big deal I suppose. Many won’t shoot a 308 barrel out in their life

Last edited:
Reactions: BurtG
Most important to me is it is great for long range plinking (seems excellent at this) and decent enough to be workable for positional shooting for messing around hunting etc.
AXSR is a great long range shooter. It's workable (but not good) for positional shooting. The hump in front of the mag well pushes the center of gravity high when shooting off a bag and running the bolt will rock the rifle wide to side. But it can work, just not easy to keep the rifle somewhat on target when running the bolt. Also for PRS positional style shooting I think the 6BR and various wildcats are the best cartridges and those don't feed in an AXSR. 6.5 CM or 6CM are also workable here, just not ideal. Hunting... Not my area but no AI rifle is light so don't plan on hiking around with them. If your driving up to a spot and unloading there that's ideal.

Last edited:
Is this the official MDT pic thread ?

View attachment 8307113
I left the AI in the picture just for you cum dumpster 🤪

Don’t you judge me 🖕🏻😎🖕🏻

I can’t post that but @Krob95 can post pics of AI’s he used to own that have been parted out for probably pennys on the dollar in exchange for some prs nonsense

News flash for you. Putting an AI chassis on a Vudoo doesn’t make it an AI either. Maybe you should start the official “AI Chassis Thread” people put those on like savages and shit. Should be an awesome thread….. 😘