• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

AX 308
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1368.photobucket.com\/albums\/ag181\/trgshooter\/DSC_1372_zpsum1pg9ax.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1368.photobucket.com\/albums\/ag181\/trgshooter\/DSC_1370_zpsfeokwbme.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1368.photobucket.com\/albums\/ag181\/trgshooter\/DSC_1373_zpsol9l2tm0.jpg"}[/IMG2]

AXMC
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1368.photobucket.com\/albums\/ag181\/trgshooter\/DSC_1376_zpshvbpyoe1.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1368.photobucket.com\/albums\/ag181\/trgshooter\/DSC_1380_zpsu1hapbmz.jpg"}[/IMG2]

What skid plate are you using on your AXMC in this pic?

hi hindo1 , really right stuff, they make camera tripods etc and now rifle mounts ,rings etc. USA made and very well made , i have a few photo items.

IMG_0233.JPG First range trip for my new sage green AX308. Ray

AIAT in 6.5 CM, 18" barrel. 3-20 Ultra Short with AI mount. Nothing too crazy but I like it. Went for compactness and sleekness with this setup.

Attachments

• photo60058.jpg
    photo60058.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 265
  • photo60059.jpg
    photo60059.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 259
Well this sucks. Thus is the first time I've looked at this thread and I now realize that an AI will be my next rifle. There's so many threads on builds and problems with builds, and you guys are quietly sitting here on top of the hill. What do I give up when I get a pre2014 AX vs post 2014AX?

The biggest thing you give up in my opinion is the pre-14 does not have the quick change barrel system. You also have a mildly different stock.

^^^^This.

A buddy of mine has a '14 AIAX for sale, factory 308 and after-market 6.5CM (Accurate Ordnance, I think) barrels.

MB

Post 2014 models offered a smaller diameter firing pin. This would allow you to use Lapua brass with small rifle primer.

Post 2014 models offered a smaller diameter firing pin. This would allow you to use Lapua brass with small rifle primer.

Thank yall for the info, I've been dreaming of a 6.5x47Lapua in an AX or AT, so sounds like I should be looking at post '14 then, unless I wanna bush the bolt head. Is anyone sorry they went the AT route over the AX? I'm not quite sold on a tubular fore end for barricades and positional...

Thank yall for the info, I've been dreaming of a 6.5x47Lapua in an AX or AT, so sounds like I should be looking at post '14 then, unless I wanna bush the bolt head. Is anyone sorry they went the AT route over the AX? I'm not quite sold on a tubular fore end for barricades and positional...

If you are set on the 6.5x47, then yes, find a post 2014 - and still confirm it has the optional small firing pin. As to the AT vs AX, they are both fully functional for all shooting positions to be found in PRC matches. A little more mounting options on the tubular fore end. All superb rifles. I don't know anyone who had buyer's remorse.

Curious? Does your Labradar work placed that far back from the muzzle? Thanks!

Yes. This was actually the position the recommended when using a lil bastard from APA. Normally I run a magneto speed with my braked rifles and use the LabRadar fo r suppressed rifles but I had to test the LabRadar after getting it back from being repaired.

Yes. This was actually the position the recommended when using a lil bastard from APA. Normally I run a magneto speed with my braked rifles and use the LabRadar fo r suppressed rifles but I had to test the LabRadar after getting it back from being repaired.

Thanks alot1 I just got my Labrador so any tips you have would be greatly appreciated? Where did you get the advice on placement? What impact does the brake have on placement? I have a RPR 6.5Creedmoor with Lilbagstard brake, an AI/AT with AI factory brake and a Gradous 6.5 Creedmoor for the AI with a Heathen Brake. Thanks for any help. Oh yeah , what had to be repaired on your Labrador so I can try not to break it on mine.

Cheers!

Well this sucks. Thus is the first time I've looked at this thread and I now realize that an AI will be my next rifle. There's so many threads on builds and problems with builds, and you guys are quietly sitting here on top of the hill. What do I give up when I get a pre2014 AX vs post 2014AX?

The pre-14 does not have the quick-change barrel that the '14 and newer AXs and ATs have. Also, the stock is different. Action, bolt, trigger is the same as the AW/AX/AT. I got a barely used AT for a very good price - as I didn't see the need for the '14-newer AX stock/chassis.

Thanks a lot for the responses. One more question, what makes the AX so much more money than the AT, just the chassis/butt stock? Seems like there's a big price difference between the two..

Admire all the AI owners..hopefully I'll get mine this x'mas :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for the responses. One more question, what makes the AX so much more money than the AT, just the chassis/butt stock? Seems like there's a big price difference between the two..

The AX also has the longer rail for mounting different optics. Yea, it does seem like a big price difference.

My first Accuracy International, an AT on its first long range outing (900m).

Photo 22-06-2017, 12 14 47.jpg

Very impressed so far, worlds apart from customised sporting rifles I have owned in the past, should have upgraded long ago!

I'm still awaiting the AI Bipod, so my old Harris will have to do for now. And I've swapped out the Pale Brown skins for Green ones.

Reactions: mepaddy
Very impressed so far, worlds apart from customised sporting rifles I have owned in the past, should have upgraded long ago!

Could you expound on this? What makes it so different, what customized rifles have you owned, why the AT and not the new AX?

Not Phil but I have had other custom rifles and I own an AT.
I'm going to compare againt my Tikka T3 with a 22" .223 Wylde barrel in an XRay Chassis using Accurate Mags.
My Tikka can have feeding problems if I push forward on the mag or rest my rifle on the magazine itself. I could do pushups on my AT magazine and it would feed perfect. AW magazines are also lower profile and get in the way less.

Before I sent my Tikka in for the rebarrel I had galled a lug. While it is possible to gall a lug on an AI it would be very difficult because they use harder metals and finishes.
The Tikka action is good, but falls short when compared to the robustness and quality of the AI.

The quick change barrel feature is great.

The factory trigger on my Tikka is good, my AI is superb. (this is a matter of opinion)

This is a function of the chassis but For me I get a more reliable natural point of aim faster than I can with my Tikka. (also a matter of opinion)

I can shoot better off barricades/off hand with my AI. (again a matter of opinion)

Every nut and bolt on the AI has a purpose. Basically nothing makes me think "What was the point of that?", "Why did they do it that way?" Or "That could have been better".

I consistently shoot my AIAT better.

Over all I cannot narrow down one or two reasons why it is so much better and worth twice my Tikka, but it just is. I think the best way is to think of it is that the AI was designed as a system from the ground up and every little part works together. It's grater than the sum of its parts.

Last edited:
Over all I cannot narrow down one or two reasons why it is so much better and worth twice my Tikka, but it just is. I think the best way is to think of it is that the AI was designed as a system from the ground up and every little part works together. It's grater than the sum of its parts.

I don't mean to pollute this thread, but I really mean vs. something like a Bighorn, Mausingfield, etc. as those are pretty comparable price-wise to the AT. I understand the AT and AX have the same action, but I'm having trouble with the $2-3K for the sexy chassis of the AX especially since I have no use for the forend. Don't want buyer's remorse getting a custom, an AT, or an AX.

Reactions: Cody S
If your having a hard time with AX price and don't need what it has, then get an AT. I'm very happy with mine. The only thing I would consider upgrading to would be an AXMC. I bought an AT because it works. Plain and simple it works. Got a round stuck in the chamber? Take the barrel off to make it easier to get to. Blow a primer? Take the bolt out and apart without tools, clean it up and your good to go. I didn't buy mine because a bunch of military guys use them, I bought it because it works. Get one. You won't have buyers remorse.

TheOE800
I was debating on going the Mausingfield and Manners route before getting my AT.
the reason I chose the AT was I could have it right now instead of 9-12 months from now. On top of that I could sell the AT and get most of my money back if I didn't like it.

It's very much as Servo93 says;

My custom rifles are Tikka also, over time I have ended up changing an awful lot of the components on it to make it 'just right'. Whilst they were good rifles in the end, I was chasing something that I get from the AT as standard.

Some confidence was also knocked from my old rifle over the 8 years or so I had it. I fitted a new trigger to it, that sometimes when it rained would allow the firing pin to fall as it was being cocked. The magazines (both AICS and the standard ones) would occasionally allow the bolt to slide over the top and not pick up a round, resulting in the 'dead mans click' - was it a misfire, or was it again a failure to feed? Complacency can soon kick in when 9/10 it's just not picked a round up.
Whilst it's great fun modifying rifles, I felt like I have had enough of it. Each accessory/part in turn was designed to work with the standard rifle; but then when you put a bunch of them together, how do they perform?

Well, with the AI it's as it was from the factory. It doesn't fail to feed. The trigger is a thing of beauty and I have confidence in it in all weather conditions, from -30 to +50C, in sand, in snow - no doubts. The action-chassis interface is something else; flat surfaces with 4 bolts torqued up, with bonding compound between the surfaces. It's just built right, to perform no matter what I ask of it. (And I ask a great deal less than a military sniper I am sure).

Considering shooting is as much a mental game as anything. It really helps me just knowing everything is just so with it. All designed to be the way it is by one design team.

As for not buying the AX; well, they are a lot more money! I am not that bothered by the fully adjustable butt stock or the style of them. Functionally, I don't think there is much between a new AX and AT; both with small firing pins, plenty of rail space, unless it was the AX-MC there just isn't enough in it for me really. The AT is a fantastic rifle built on the AW heritage, sitting between the AE and AW price points. The AX is their flagship product and they want a premium for it - of which plenty are happy to pay - I'd love one, but the extra money isn't justified for the use I'd make of the features.

Reactions: FriedAss
I will someday soon be buying an AT. Who sells AI, just Mile High and EuroOptic? Is there any way to buy one new as a 6.5 Creedmoor or 6.5x47Lapua, or do I have to buy a 308 and another barrel? I've never seen one for sale new except online..

Not sure if the NC in your name is indicative of where you live BUT...if you around the south charlotte area you are welcome to check out my AX, put a few rounds down it if you bring your own rounds. Its a big investment and knowing someone who let me put fingers on theirs helped a ton before I bought mine...just passing along the favor.

EDIT: Picked mine up from Euro...they asked if I wanted any different barrel than the 308. I do my own work so I declined but seemed like they were willing to mix/match a rifle and barrel for me.

Not sure if the NC in your name is indicative of where you live BUT...if you around the south charlotte area you are welcome to check out my AX, put a few rounds down it if you bring your own rounds. Its a big investment and knowing someone who let me put fingers on theirs helped a ton before I bought mine...just passing along the favor.

EDIT: Picked mine up from Euro...they asked if I wanted any different barrel than the 308. I do my own work so I declined but seemed like they were willing to mix/match a rifle and barrel for me.

This post embodies what I love about Snipers Hide. Very generous of you, and greatly appreciated. I live about 1.5hrs east of you, near Wadesboro. I don't get up there often, but if I do I will let you know, thanks again. I also try to hit as many Absolute Zero matches at Frontline Defense as I can, maybe our paths will cross.

KabarNC,
What ever you do get the folder. It seems like a steep price for what it is but it's totally worth it. Also, some of the vendors here offer discounts for Hide members. It helped save me a few hundred dollars.

This post embodies what I love about Snipers Hide. Very generous of you, and greatly appreciated. I live about 1.5hrs east of you, near Wadesboro. I don't get up there often, but if I do I will let you know, thanks again. I also try to hit as many Absolute Zero matches at Frontline Defense as I can, maybe our paths will cross.

Anytime bud, just say the word when you are ready. I'll likely run into you at Frontline though haha.

KabarNC,
What ever you do get the folder. It seems like a steep price for what it is but it's totally worth it. Also, some of the vendors here offer discounts for Hide members. It helped save me a few hundred dollars.

Good info, thanks alot.

I took the plunge got a second hand Pre 2014 AX, could not be happier so far. Should have just went this way from the get go. Groups below are with Federal GMM 175, and Hornady factory 6mm Creedmoor 108 ELDM.

WP_20170614_16_48_10_Pro.jpgTgtGfx.jpg308.jpg

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.snipershide.com\/shooting\/core\/image\/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP\/\/\/wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw=="}[/IMG2]​ [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.snipershide.com\/shooting\/core\/image\/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP\/\/\/wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw=="}[/IMG2]​

Attachments

• WP_20170614_16_48_10_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170614_16_48_10_Pro.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 198
  • TgtGfx.jpg
    TgtGfx.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 190
  • WP_20170617_13_10_00_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170617_13_10_00_Pro.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 160
    62.4 KB · Views: 164
    62.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 308.jpg
    308.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 187
Just chasing some advice fellas. Instead of getting a switch barrel custom made, I'm looking at an AXMC. It'll mainly get used as a short action as I want to run 6 and 6.5mm calibres and use it as a possible comp gun. Is it worth getting the long action version of the AXMC to have additional options? Or just stick to the short action?

Just chasing some advice fellas. Instead of getting a switch barrel custom made, I'm looking at an AXMC. It'll mainly get used as a short action as I want to run 6 and 6.5mm calibres and use it as a possible comp gun. Is it worth getting the long action version of the AXMC to have additional options? Or just stick to the short action?

I've considered, but you have the additional base cost of the rifle plus another bolt body and magazine well adapter.

I've thought about it to have one gun that does a few different things well. It's a lot of money. I want one in the worst way, but we don't have a lot of places to shoot long range here so an MC isn't super practical. If you have a place to shoot far, then go for it. I wouldn't plan on it being a hunting rifle but if you want a multi caliber target rifle the MC is top of the line in my opinion.

I will someday soon be buying an AT. Who sells AI, just Mile High and EuroOptic? Is there any way to buy one new as a 6.5 Creedmoor or 6.5x47Lapua, or do I have to buy a 308 and another barrel? I've never seen one for sale new except online..

See if you can find a gently used AT - there is usually one or two for sale on here for very good prices.

Still can't add anything to this thread, except the screenshot of the receipt.

What is that black bit you have sticking in the flush cup to the right of the folding mechanism? Looks like it's in a good place for a thumb shelf.

I can't speak for jwood, but I have seen another guy do this. He took a regular ol' QD sling swivel, cut the actual swivel portion off, and used the push-button body as a thumb rest.

I can't speak for jwood, but I have seen another guy do this. He took a regular ol' QD sling swivel, cut the actual swivel portion off, and used the push-button body as a thumb rest.

This. Member TennTurk showed this to me. It works great.