• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Obvious fact but just don't leave any adjustable torque wrench set above 0 when you store it. Destroys the calibration. I killed a Wheeler forgetting to set it back. Was off by over 15 in-lbs afterwards, 6 months later.

Obvious fact but just don't leave any adjustable torque wrench set above 0 when you store it. Destroys the calibration. I killed a Wheeler forgetting to set it back. Was off by over 15 in-lbs afterwards, 6 months later.

Shit. I've been storing my Wheeler like that forever. Guess I'm getting some Borka bits.

Reactions: Trek
I wouldn't trust it personally, but...

How do you do a quick field test you say? Turn it against another known good torque wrench! It won't be dead nuts, but it should be pretty close.

just ordered the borka kit at MH. we already spent few thousand on the rifle, a 120 dollars borka kit does make sense.

Reactions: AIAW
19-01-17 11-00-46 0274.jpg

Finally joined the club! New AT from Mile High, new 6x47L barrel from Euro Optic. Asking the rifle some questions about what powder charge it likes before starting to tune for accuracy. Coming from a Tikka custom job this rifle is on a whole new level, shouldn't have waited so long.

The AT is a crazy value considering that most custom guns run around the same price or higher, Im trying to talk myself out of an AX and into an AT but the AX is sooo freaking sexy lol. Going to have to give Mike a call pretty soon and see how much I can spend ><

Jake

I’d base your decision on its intended use and your shooting style.

I run stages with the rifle rested as close to the magazine as possible. I also like the forearm as flat as possible for times I need to move the rifle forward and rear.

With the AX, the handgrip keeps it from being flat and also makes the rifle taller. This can be an issue on port holes, as the AT us even too tall sometimes.

This was the main reason I went with the AT over AX. And as you said, it’s right in line with most custom rifles.

I also have found that I like the thumbhole skins. The added surface area at the bottom of the pistol grip keeps my palm from riding around when I wrap my thumb on certain shots. It at least feels like I’m being more consistent across different grips. No option for this in the AX.

Today has been pretty sick. I was about to finally get around to sending in my AMG to fix the parallax knob when I realized I had used 25 in-lb to put it in my Spuhr. I remounted it using 15 in-lb to see if the problem went away, and it seems it did. I’ll be keeping an eye on it for a while, but it seems I found the problem without needing to be out a scope for a while.

This is particularly sweet because I just now got an email from Proof saying my 6.5x47L prefit barrel is shipped and should be delivered Tuesday.

I also finally finished testing the Berger 155 Hybrids out of my 16” .308 barrel. I managed to get to 2695 fps at 40 degrees F with 46.8-47.0 gr of Varget with no pressure signs on the Lapua Palma brass. These should blow the 168 SMKs I was using at about 2470 fps out of the water. The only downside to them is, as I suspected, getting them to the lands is a challenge. With .015” jump the bullet’s only making contact with about 10-20% of the neck. At this length, they are literally exactly the length of the AX mag, probably less than .010” clearance. I’d recommend anyone with a short .308 to give these a try. I still need to do the final precision test trying a few different jump values, but I’m liking what I’m seeing from the little Hybrids.

Last edited:
Sjc929, thanks for sharing I’m getting ready to cut my factory barrel down to 18” and will be hoping for similar results.

Did you cut down your factory barrel? What twist rate?

Thanks.

I bought it used. It was originally an AI factory 10” twist AX barrel that the original owner had cut to 16”. I used it for about a year and a half on my AT, and kept it when I traded for my AX.

Reactions: MysizeisMAGNUM
I recently joined the AI Club from over here in AUS. I've got an AI AT in 308 with a 20" 1:12 barrel. Just running some fire forming loads out to 500m yesterday. Running Sphur SR-4000 rings with a Bushnell Hdmr 2. Will be running this rifle in some local Precision Service Rifle comps this year.

Attachments

• 2019-01-18 at 20.15.40.jpeg
    2019-01-18 at 20.15.40.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 106
Just joined the AI club. Bought a fixed stock AT off a hide member. Did the conversion to the ax stock threw on a surefire muzzle brake also bought here and a elite iron bipod. Had to go with the 1.89 high Spuhr to get comfortable behind the scope due to the cheek rest on the ax stock.
74D29FBF-E3E3-44D8-940E-ED9CC4F3DEEA.jpeg

My AIAT. I’ve been wanting an AI for a long time, super excited. Thanks to all of you who took time to answer my questions in this thread. View attachment 7007668View attachment 7007667

Nice! What part of AZ are you in? I'd love to see how it handles with that Proof on there. I'm toying with the idea of getting a 20" .308 Proof and would love to give a Proof CF a test run!

I’d like everyone’s opinions on the bipod Spigot, I can’t get it to lock up tight? Am I doing something wrong?

Nice! What part of AZ are you in? I'd love to see how it handles with that Proof on there. I'm toying with the idea of getting a 20" .308 Proof and would love to give a Proof CF a test run!
Basher, I live in Gilbert. South of San Tan 202.

Reactions: Basher
The only thing I ever managed to get to attach without any slop to the AT spigot was the Big Dog Steel picatinny rail, and I had to use a vice grip on the knob to hyper tighten it on there to accomplish it. My Atlas would come loose every single time I shot it, although I admittedly never took the vice grips to it, it might have worked, but I doubt it. The BDS rail had noticeably better lock up when hand tightened compared to the Atlas.

I’d like everyone’s opinions on the bipod Spigot, I can’t get it to lock up tight? Am I doing something wrong?

My BT19 locks up tight in the spigot if I mount it with the knob really loose. I have to make sure both washers on the BT19 are free. Then once it is clicked in place I tighten the knob down. The only slop I notice seems to be in the bipod itself. I’m running an Atlas PSR.

If I mount it with the knob just barely backed off then tighten the knob I sometimes will get slop between the chassis and bipod mount.

Check out elite iron they sell their spigot adapter separate from their bipod and it seems like it locks up tight haven’t had it very long so can’t say for sure.

If you’re willing to wait a little longer I’ll finally be able to announce my partnership to sell my bipod mounts that replace the factory block and eliminate the wiggly spigot adapter altogether.

Attachments

• EB3091D6-CAE4-4DBA-A4F1-E8891AFD3D6A.jpeg
    EB3091D6-CAE4-4DBA-A4F1-E8891AFD3D6A.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 187
  • C8199AF3-8277-46C6-B128-332C34B2000F.jpeg
    C8199AF3-8277-46C6-B128-332C34B2000F.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 196
  • 1F5EB255-770A-4012-8304-BFCE31469A04.jpeg
    1F5EB255-770A-4012-8304-BFCE31469A04.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 173
My BT19 locks up tight in the spigot if I mount it with the knob really loose. I have to make sure both washers on the BT19 are free. Then once it is clicked in place I tighten the knob down. The only slop I notice seems to be in the bipod itself. I’m running an Atlas PSR.

If I mount it with the knob just barely backed off then tighten the knob I sometimes will get slop between the chassis and bipod mount.
Bingo! Very helpful, that made my evening. Thanks!

Reactions: Luvman
If you’re willing to wait a little longer I’ll finally be able to announce my partnership to sell my bipod mounts that replace the factory block and eliminate the wiggly spigot adapter altogether.
I’m definitely following this closely, I’m interested for sure. Thanks again for sending me the AIAT thumbrest parts kit last week I got them on Thursday. ?

It was black when I got it in the kit, I was told 25 was made for retail sale in black. This one came from UK.

Sorry to break your heart man, but that ain’t no PSR. It’s missing a bunch of stuff and they were pale brown.

There were a bunch of extra AI PSR cases that got sold (I bought two, still have one). My bet is somebody assembled a “kit” with an AXMC with one of these cases and that’s what you got.

How are you liking that trigger?
This trigger is amazing in every way. I have never had a trigger with so much adjustment. Literally every aspect of the trigger can be adjust.

I currently have it setup like a factory trigger except it is 10oz first and 10oz second for a total pull weight of 20oz.

Reactions: jaybigboy34
Anyone else having issues with rounds popping out of the magazine on AW style mags?

How so?

Only issue I’ve had with my AW and AX mags are if a full mag is inserted too aggressively into the empty magwell with the bolt back, I’ve had the top one or two rounds pop out and have a nasty double feed. Once I started taking an extra half second to more calmly seat the mag, I don’t have that problem.

Sorry to break your heart man, but that ain’t no PSR. It’s missing a bunch of stuff and they were pale brown.

There were a bunch of extra AI PSR cases that got sold (I bought two, still have one). My bet is somebody assembled a “kit” with an AXMC with one of these cases and that’s what you got.
10-4. Like I previously said, I’m ok either way, but thanks for letting me know. I wasn’t trying to sell it or anything. I was only repeating what I was told 2 years ago. If you know of any extra cases, let me know, I have a Green AXMC that is needing one too.

Even on round 3 or 5, they’ll pop out as I’m trying load my magazine.
Which cal is this happening with? On my AT this happens with the shorter 6.5x47 when the cases are not seating all the way back in the mag. Havent noticed the same issue with the 308/260.

308. It almost seems like the feed lips aren't catching the cartridges, because the brass is so slick. I even noticed one round popped out of the mag while I was running the bolt, and caused it to jam.

I've had one mag do the same thing to me, cost me a few points at a local match last year. I didn'r have the means to mark it, so I'll have to do some testing to find out which mag it is. Also .308 here.

I have only had issues with the AW magazines when I drop them. After a decent fall they can "volcano" a couple rounds out but really they have been reliable. I currently have 4 and they all work 100%.

Anyone else having issues with rounds popping out of the magazine on AW style mags?

Mines done a few funky things in a match before. Double feed, and rounds kind of popping out when seated. Mainly happened to my fiancé, but got me once as well.

Nice! Hey, did you ever get that bipod mount to install on your AT?

I did, and another member here was looking for one very bad. So I sent it off to him.

I had a chance to check it out and was very impressed with it and so was he.

I like being able to take the mount off and on, so that’s why the big dog steel is still around.