• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I just put my reloading bench together. My Forster Co Ax comes on Tuesday. I can’t wait to play with some new loads and more importantly, save a lot of money.
83F0DE0D-79BD-4BB7-9681-6307E2158B90.jpeg

It’s nothing new. The big appeal is they will be priced differently for LE.

Guys have been swapping the stock out for the AX conversion kit for almost a year already.

The AT LE is literally an AT with the AX conversion kit already installed at discounted pricing.

If you’re not LE, it’s gonna cost you minimum $800 more for the kit and probably a bit more if you want them to install it for you.

I thought I saw an AT with the AX buttstock on a couple YouTube videos... shame it’s only for LE. I’ve had both an AT and AXMC in the past... and while a thumb hole stock certainly has that classic AI look, the newer AX buttstock is definitely more modern and comfortable.

Hahaha I’m hoping so! I’ve always bought FGMM for my precision rifles, so I’m looking forward to saving a few hundred dollars per thousand rounds. I literally have two 5 gallon buckets full of federal brass.

Reactions: Nishgriff
I thought I saw an AT with the AX buttstock on a couple YouTube videos... shame it’s only for LE. I’ve had both an AT and AXMC in the past... and while a thumb hole stock certainly has that classic AI look, the newer AX buttstock is definitely more modern and comfortable.

You can either buy the kit and do it yourself or pay mile high like $100 more to do it.

The LE comes with the but and basically saves LE guys $1,000.

So, it’s not restricted to just us. Just basically like a discount or not having to pay for a modification.

You can either buy the kit and do it yourself or pay mile high like $100 more to do it.

The LE comes with the but and basically saves LE guys $1,000.

So, it’s not restricted to just us. Just basically like a discount or not having to pay for a modification.
Who has the LE ones or are they not out yet

Mile High. Not sure when they are rolling out.

They will basically be the same price as the regular AT, but with the AX stock. So you’re saving on the conversion.

I forgot to ask if they will discount the conversion of a currently owned AT.

Call mile high. They will be the ones handling it.

Reactions: Chase214

If you’re able to pick up a factory AT LE I highly recommend it.

If you’re not LE and are mechanically inclined I would pick up a non folder and do the conversion yourself.

Mile High has stated they will only do the conversion on factory folders.

Dude, left-handed AI's look funky! :ROFLMAO:

Also, you need a shorty on there to go with your S&B US! You know you wanna!

I was thinking about buying a shorty 308 and putting a TT 5–25 on it and keeping the S&B US on my 338LM. I think that makes the most sense. ??

Anybody got a used AT laying around they want to sell?

I get it.

I get why there's a fanatical AI following. I always thought it was hype. It's not. If every AI shoots like this it's a well-deserved following. 19 rds down the barrel of my 338LM. 5-shot group at 102y. 285 ELD-M's. Total crap weather conditions - windy, cold, and wet. I've owned several big 338's and 300's, but I've never had a rifle settle on a load this fast. Amazing.

Attachments

• 338.jpeg
    338.jpeg
    323.9 KB · Views: 78
I get it.

I get why there's a fanatical AI following. I always thought it was hype. It's not. If every AI shoots like this it's a well-deserved following. 19 rds down the barrel of my 338LM. 5-shot group at 102y. 285 ELD-M's. Total crap weather conditions - windy, cold, and wet. I've owned several big 338's and 300's, but I've never had a rifle settle on a load this fast. Amazing.

Same here man. Shot my first match with my AT yesterday. Unbelievably smooth running.

Reactions: jonthomps
I get it.

It's hard not to be a fan boi after you've spent some time with an AI. I'm guilty

Reactions: jonthomps
Anyone have a photo of a 18.5 Proof 308 barrel on an AXMC with suppressor? Or even without a can. Just curious how much barrel is out of the forend for can clearance. Thinking about a 18.5 or just snagging a 20.

Last edited:
Today I got to test my first reloads out.

175gr Berger OTM
Federal Brass
Federal 210M primers
Varget Powder

Now time to narrow it down on the best 2 groups.

Attachments

• A4720A48-3422-431E-9417-14ED8A317A31.jpeg
    A4720A48-3422-431E-9417-14ED8A317A31.jpeg
    700 KB · Views: 211
  • 40DEAA47-CE76-4CAE-808C-DC5E1C7A15B5.jpeg
    40DEAA47-CE76-4CAE-808C-DC5E1C7A15B5.jpeg
    452.2 KB · Views: 203
Reactions: Nishgriff
I think I’ve asked before, but don’t think anyone could answer.

Has anyone tested the area419 12” arca lock keymod rail on the AT to see if it happens to work?

Bit the bullet and bought a new AT nonfolder in green with the HRD arca rail and 22" MTU bartlien 6.5CM barrel. Buying thumb hole skins tomorrow.

You wont regret it. I was looking for a used one and eventually just bit the bullet and ordered one from MHSA; hard to beat Mike's pricing

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Welcome to the addiction ;)
It's hard not to be a fan boi after you've spent some time with an AI. I'm guilty

The AI action is one of those few things that are special in the firearms industry. You can't quite express why it is special, it's just if you know you know.

AI masterrace

Last edited:
Lol!
Send it to me, it will be carefully dried and the barrel will be heated up. you shouldn’t have left it outside in a damp environment.....

I get the feeling you where not talking About the rifle, but the weather instead.... werent you?? :)
lol! Appreciate the offer but it’s sitting quite comfortable in the safe.

Had some time this morning and had an idea that fizzled out, but took some weight data on the AT folding chassis.

Bare Chassis: 87.625 oz
20” Factory Barrel: 57oz
Bolt: 15.875oz

Thumbhole skins are about 1oz heavier than the pistol grip ones. Forend skins are about 5 - 6oz for the pair. Did not weigh center skins. Cheek piece is a touch under 6 oz. with screws.

Whole lotta metal in the forearm that could machined out it seems without defeating structural integrity. The AT chassis is a pig, but I definitely see places where “overbuilt” may not be adding durability, but only stability.

Gives me wild, dirty thoughts...

Was thinking if one could do an MCM A or MCS T style grip on the AT skins, but the whole rear backbone would have to be modified... see attached picture. Backbone would need to curve down like the ARC Xylo. I’m sure someone here could machine it, but I think you’d have to completely remove the rear section and weld it back on.

DEA985DB-277E-480A-B0C7-CEB725A3CBDB.jpeg259F57F5-F3D3-408D-B33B-9B5E0B0A6039.jpeg8F10EC62-7B8E-4C2C-9F8C-98D020CE5757.jpeg3C344276-F2AF-4A98-8A2B-AE36939AEC27.jpeg

Last edited:
MC? What calibers?

Nah. Just an ax308 sa.

I don’t mess with much LA. And my AT barrels will fit.

Though, once more stuff with the ASR rolls out, I’m going to be tempted if that’s the only configuration it eventually comes in.

Reactions: 96C
Looking for recommendations and previous art on pelican (or other) cases that hold an AI without the barrel attached and not in a standard “that’s a gun” length. I’d like to fly to some matches and have a pistol in there as well, started daydreaming about a 22 x 18 x 16 ish box with two or three levels of foam. Folded stock/action and mags on one, pistol and mags on the next, then 2-3 barrels on the top.

Yep that’s what started the thought process. I have an AT and 26” barrels so need it to be a bit bigger but that’s about what I’m going for