• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Looking for recommendations and previous art on pelican (or other) cases that hold an AI without the barrel attached and not in a standard “that’s a gun” length. I’d like to fly to some matches and have a pistol in there as well, started daydreaming about a 22 x 18 x 16 ish box with two or three levels of foam. Folded stock/action and mags on one, pistol and mags on the next, then 2-3 barrels on the top.

IMG_20190207_144539029.jpg

Axmc transit case from AI.
Screenshot_20190215-165447~2.png

Reactions: deersniper
That’s the idea, now need it for an AT plus a pistol and more than one barrel.
We made one very similar to this for my friends EDM Arms cheytac, but the barrel was too long to fit in the case. I believe it was a pelican 1600?

We made one very similar to this for my friends EDM Arms cheytac, but the barrel was too long to fit in the case. I believe it was a pelican 1600?
I only just started looking but looks like the 1650 might be a good one, dimensions are 28.6" × 17.5" × 10.7"

Reactions: MACHTECH
Had some time this morning and had an idea that fizzled out, but took some weight data on the AT folding chassis.

Bare Chassis: 87.625 oz
20” Factory Barrel: 57oz
Bolt: 15.875oz

Thumbhole skins are about 1oz heavier than the pistol grip ones. Forend skins are about 5 - 6oz for the pair. Did not weigh center skins. Cheek piece is a touch under 6 oz. with screws.

Whole lotta metal in the forearm that could machined out it seems without defeating structural integrity. The AT chassis is a pig, but I definitely see places where “overbuilt” may not be adding durability, but only stability.

Gives me wild, dirty thoughts...

Was thinking if one could do an MCM A or MCS T style grip on the AT skins, but the whole rear backbone would have to be modified... see attached picture. Backbone would need to curve down like the ARC Xylo. I’m sure someone here could machine it, but I think you’d have to completely remove the rear section and weld it back on.

View attachment 7025369View attachment 7025370View attachment 7025371View attachment 7025376

With the recent talk of an AT bottom metal in a Manners stock, would anyone be interested in a replacement buttstock assembly that would yield similar ergonomics? Just like how the AT buttstock can be de-bonded and replaced with an AX buttstock, one could really install anything they wanted.

I’m envisioning an aluminum core, just like the AT buttstock, but with a completely unique design and set of skins that would delete the pistol grip and give the user the interface of a “traditional” stock.

485006D7-1432-42EB-A974-361C69D2CFA6.png

@atombomb

I thought the same thing, but the backbone on the AT chassis prevents you fron floating your thumb behind the tang like a Manners. The backbone basically forces your to wrap your thunb or float it on the side of the stock (little cramped for me though).

Not sure how the AX interface is though as I’m just a mere peasant with an AT.

Reactions: atombomb
I actually can place my thumb on top of the rear backbone just fine. Not fully on top, but the first digit of my thumb makes it over the top just fine.

I’d definitely be interested in a skin that was more traditional, but having a folder may complicate that a little. But if someone can come up with a T4/PRS1 type skin set, I would be interested.

Hopefully the SamB300 bipod spigot gets wrapped up first, though... ;):D

New AX308 with small diameter firing pin in 2017 color "Dark Earth". 26" Bartlein 6.5 CM barrel by Short Action Customs. The new color is actually Cerakote H-30118Q, "Federal Standard Field Drab".

IMG_6314.jpg

IMG_6316.jpg

IMG_6319.jpg
Did you have the Spuhr mount cerakoted or is that their stock FDE, that is a sweet setup, I have the same Dark Earth Long Action .300 WM on the way

AXMC #2 in Elite Sand is coming together. The ZP5 3-15x50 is a place holder until I get my m7xi in that's been 5 months now.. Picked up a 2018 profile 26" 300 win mag barrel from Mile High in black threaded 5/8x24, that I like a little better then the other thinner profile. Accu-tac bipod is also place holder until the TBAC one arrives. Put on a Heathen Brake until I can make up my mind on what can is going on this barrel. First world problems..

Attachments

• IMG_20190216_080116.jpg
    IMG_20190216_080116.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 349
JFComfort, has anyone told you that you have a great eye and take professional grade pics? (y)

I appreciate that. Photography turned into a hobby of its own for awhile but I only like doing photos of family and gun stuff. lol

AXMC #2 in Elite Sand is coming together. The ZP5 3-15x50 is a place holder until I get my m7xi in that's been 5 months now.. Picked up a 2018 profile 26" 300 win mag barrel from Mile High in black threaded 5/8x24, that I like a little better then the other thinner profile. Accu-tac bipod is also place holder until the TBAC one arrives. Put on a Heathen Brake until I can make up my mind on what can is going on this barrel. First world problems..

What’s the difference with the 2018 contour? Saw that the other day on EuroOptic and didn’t know it was a thing.

Is that actually mounted to the AT action instead of the factory scope rail?

Why not just use the AI NV bridge?

Seems to be. Wasn’t sure if it was spec’d or custom drilled and such on a regular MIRS rail.

I use the nvg rail now. Mainly for a handgrip until I pick up another nvg. Just like trying new shit and more surface for my hand is never a bad thing.

Also, while we are on it, idea for your AI endeavors, a key slot (maybe m lok now too) forward thumb shelf for off hand.

Dave Preston is making these to fit MPA chassis. Looks like a decent idea.

Question. Do arc mags run in AT's? Only ask bc I have 4 of them and only 1 Aw mag once my AT arrives

Which brand and color spray paint? Looking to paint my black thumbrest to match my FDE rifle.

Try Krylon Nutmeg, another user did that color and it looked to match really well.

His might have been Elite Sand though.

Great day shooting with @Luvman in preparation for an upcoming PRS match. Here’s a good picture showing the AI pale brown AT skins vs the AT dark earth skins. Luvman also probably cost me $800 today after shooting his AX buttstock conversion.

Attachments

• F9841E59-166A-41D0-96A3-FD8F1051B41E.jpeg
    F9841E59-166A-41D0-96A3-FD8F1051B41E.jpeg
    765 KB · Views: 397
Great day shooting with @Luvman in preparation for an upcoming PRS match. Here’s a good picture showing the AI pale brown AT skins vs the AT dark earth skins. Luvman also probably cost me $800 today after shooting his AX buttstock conversion.

Hey you cost me about $80 letting me check out your RRS plate on the bags. :poop:

Reactions: OzzyO20