• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I finally got part 28340 (308 bolt assembly w/ small firing pin) in and I plan to go shoot it this weekend with a new 6.5cm barrel that I ordered along w/ it.

Pics attached in case anyone is curious about the smaller pin hole (left is 308, right is 300wm)

BTW, side by side, I’m just noticing how beat up my 300wm bolt is compared to the brand new bolt.

Anything I’m doing wrong here? I only use a light coat of CLP on the bolt.

Reactions: aam and Defender3
I finally got part 28340 (308 bolt assembly w/ small firing pin) in and I plan to go shoot it this weekend with a new 6.5cm barrel that I ordered along w/ it.

Pics attached in case anyone is curious about the smaller pin hole (left is 308, right is 300wm)

View attachment 7107002
View attachment 7107003

BTW, side by side, I’m just noticing how beat up my 300wm bolt is compared to the brand new bolt.

Anything I’m doing wrong here? I only use a light coat of CLP on the bolt.

Nah man. That’s completely normal wear in that area. I got a little over 1000 rounds through my bolt and my buddies has multiple thousands on it. That’s just a contact point of slight wear. It just gets slicker with time.
950A6039-5ECC-4F54-910B-81735938BFDB.png

finally got a chance to sight in and shoot my axmc for the first time. took a 300 nm barrel this trip and it likes both the berger 215s and 230s.

have a couple of other barrels. hope they shoot equally as well

edited. got out to shoot my 338 nm barrel. pleased with it as well. tucked 6 300 grain pills into a decent spacing. now that i have everything on paper i need to get out to distance one weekend. particularly interested to see what that 338 will do to a feral hog.

Attachments

• 9F444D5D-66E9-4573-AD55-634CE1B08908.jpeg
    9F444D5D-66E9-4573-AD55-634CE1B08908.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 44
  • 2F99EEBA-437D-4381-BD26-82BE9D5CE79E.jpeg
    2F99EEBA-437D-4381-BD26-82BE9D5CE79E.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 548ADF60-728B-4E94-B5D1-892ED5E7773C.png
    548ADF60-728B-4E94-B5D1-892ED5E7773C.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Nah man. That’s completely normal wear in that area. I got a little over 1000 rounds through my bolt and my buddies has multiple thousands on it. That’s just a contact point of slight wear. It just gets slicker with time.

Good to know! Thanks for the data point. It's good to hear these things can take a beating.

The bolt lift will get a little lighter with use on the AT, but my buddies AXMC....just made me want to go $7k in debt. That's the smoothest long action bolt I've ever felt.

The bolt lift will get a little lighter with use on the AT, but my buddies AXMC....just made me want to go $7k in debt. That's the smoothest long action bolt I've ever felt.

the greatest 7k debt ever

53lkr4.png

307n3lu.png

Loving the 6 BR a little more each time I shoot it. I just loaded up the obligatory 30gr Varget load to see how the Hybrids ran out of the gain twist. Really good velocity stability for virgin brass I just ran over an expander ball before loading them up. That 4th group is one of the most disgusting groups I’ve ever shot, especially given the natural mirage. Looking forward to stretching it out past 100 once all the brass is fired once to see how it holds up to the ridiculous consistency I get out of my 6.5x47L barrel at longer range.

Reactions: aam
53lkr4.png

307n3lu.png

Loving the 6 BR a little more each time I shoot it. I just loaded up the obligatory 30gr Varget load to see how the Hybrids ran out of the gain twist. Really good velocity stability for virgin brass I just ran over an expander ball before loading them up. That 4th group is one of the most disgusting groups I’ve ever shot, especially given the natural mirage. Looking forward to stretching it out past 100 once all the brass is fired once to see how it holds up to the ridiculous consistency I get out of my 6.5x47L barrel at longer range.
Any feeding / ejection issues? What spacer are you using in your mag?

Been eyeballing an old AE MKI. Hoping finances come through and I can get it before its gone! Takes the old single stack 5 rounders, but thats ok. Looks like MH still sells ‘em. Anyone have pictures of old AE’s?

3/3 on a 10” plate at 915 yards using McCourt Munitions 140gr VLD’s traveling at 2895fps. Height 1.8”, Width 1.45”, group 2.32”, 0.24MOA

I also picked on the 10” plates a 1k, but they were already shot up when I got there so pictures wouldn’t do it justice.

In the afternoon the mirage made for an extremely frustrating time. Good impacts in the morning at 915 and 1000 yards. In the afternoon at 700yards I was constantly 0.3mil high. Went back to the 100 yard range to confirm zero, and spot on. I chrono’ed 5 rounds and all good there so it had to be the mirage.

Last edited:
I'm jelous of your SD's. I have an 8.1 on my last 10 shot test. 1 stupid shot blew my entire test. Everything was reading 2744-2758 (acceptable for me) and then BOOM! 2773. That made me almost want to launch my chrono.

I'm jelous of your SD's. I have an 8.1 on my last 10 shot test. 1 stupid shot blew my entire test. Everything was reading 2744-2758 (acceptable for me) and then BOOM! 2773. That made me almost want to launch my chrono.

McCourt Munitions LLC does the reloading. SD’s of 4 and ES right around 10 is pretty standard. I have chrono’ed maybe 30 rounds and they are always right there.

The factory Berger stuff I have chrono’ed the most and it is pretty consistently SD 8-12 / ES 20-30

Reactions: The Durk

I've noticed a lot of people are making this stock swap on the ATs. What's the motivation for the swap? Does the stock AT stock perform poorly? I've always thought that the thumbhole skin on the ATs carries a classic AW feel to it that just screams AI.

Anyone trying to run a MAWL on their AT rifle? Is it even possible? I'm browsing illuminators for a PVS30 I'll be buying in October, and was curios what everyone is using.

Picked this AW 7.62 off of GunBroker last week. A big thank you goes out to @SkyScrapin for backing out of the bidding so we didn't run each other up! Again, I appreciate it bud!
View attachment 7088898
View attachment 7088902
Goes good with big green!
View attachment 7088903
What’s a used AW usually run? Any savings/disadvantages vs an AT or should I just go for the AT? These things are pricey (although comparable to a custom in price) but I have my mind made up I want an AI.

What’s a used AW usually run? Any savings/disadvantages vs an AT or should I just go for the AT? These things are pricey (although comparable to a custom in price) but I have my mind made up I want an AI.

You're better off getting the AT. Cost, quick change barrel, currently supported weapon system, AX butt stock upgrade, and if you so desire, the MPA chassis is available for it as well.

The AWs are classics in any rendition. They are almost always more expensive in like-for condition. You will be the second hand owner, guaranteed.

Either way you cannot go wrong. Best of luck to ya

I've noticed a lot of people are making this stock swap on the ATs. What's the motivation for the swap? Does the stock AT stock perform poorly? I've always thought that the thumbhole skin on the ATs carries a classic AW feel to it that just screams AI.

@reubenski covered most of the reasons why people would want to swap the AI stock/chassis out for something like an MPA.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out my thread where I go over the aftermarket chassis I designed for the AT/AX action that is similar to the MPA but retains the AI grip and buttstock. It's currently in queue at the machine shop to have a couple prototypes made.

AI Obsession Chassis

96C....what pack is that?

Eberlestock Halftrack, good sized pack for a day in the hills.

Reactions: Sixfivesavage
Hello, I’m looking at picking up a used AIAT; can anyone tell from the photo if this is a SFP or LFP? I do not have access to measure myself;
Thanks!
0985DEA6-6E1C-4FF7-9741-0D4668CAC279.jpeg

I had a 1000y range day today out at Quantico. I took out the AI AX with a Proof barrel in .260 and a Sandman-L. It was a great day, 91 degrees, bright sun and 80% humidity.

IMG_0524-1_JPG-1016362.jpg

Setting up awaiting the command to go hot.

IMG_0525-1_JPG-1016363.jpg

Upon further review, I decided to set up "Air Force Village" and spare myself a particularly brutal session.

IMG_0528-1_JPG-1016364.jpg

I got DOPE at 600 yesterday and used that calculate to 1,000. I needed to tweak a bit, but it was within 0.2 mils. Wind was another matter though. :)

IMG_0543-1_JPG-1016425.jpg

Temp strips working well.

IMG_0548-1_JPG-1016424.jpg

I also brought out the Magpul bipod to give it a try. It was on and then immediately off. Too high on the bolt gun with no adjustability lower, nor the ability to adjust 1/2 forward like I can with the Atlas.

IMG_0541-1_JPG-1016369.jpg

I shot the "milk jug" challenge using factory Bergers with the 136gr Lapua Scenar-Ls. I took yesterday's 600y DOPE and tweaked it a bit on the right side target with 4 shots of the Berger. I was confident I was on center so I took the challenge and dropped a shot into the milk jug. Low and right, but a hit is a hit and on the first shot no less. As the challenge states, "Run Your Bolt, Not Your Mouth." Yeah, I know, it's bragging and not even humble at that given all I shoot is square range.

IMG_0549-1_JPG-1016370.jpg

IMG_0550-1_JPG-1016371.jpg

It looks darn small from 1,000; I think it's 12" x10."

IMG_0554-1_JPG-1016403.jpg

I also installed a Magnetospeed T1000 target indicator. It's kind of nice, it will flash red to confirm and hit and flash yellow when it detects a close miss.

IMG_0560-1_JPG-1016401.jpg

PIC REQUEST: I know it's a bit of a stretch, but does anyone have a picture of an AIAX in green with a RAL8000 scope? I have a AI AT in dark earth and a RAL 8000 S&B PMII, and I've been having crazy thoughts about making the AT a short action AX in green......

Hello, I’m looking at picking up a used AIAT; can anyone tell from the photo if this is a SFP or LFP? I do not have access to measure myself;
Thanks!
View attachment 7111976

Take a look at my post above on this same page where I posted a picture of the SFP vs LFP side by side if you want to eyeball it. Unfortunately, I don't have the measurements on hand

I'm like a kid in a candy shop, a grade school boy getting laid for the fist time, a miner striking it rich: Mile High called and said my 300PRC barrel has arrived. They will thread it for the muzzle brake and cerakote it, then I'll get my grubby hands on it. I'll edit this post with pics once we have it. 30" Bartlein.

Fellows,
Can I asked a question on here about small firing pin on AI rifles?? If so, what, if any is the advantage??? Thanks Charlie112