• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

15613311489624211038581547729720.jpg

Not to hijack the thread but I saw a few examples and wanted to know, what's the minimum barrel length you can put on an AX308 with it';s standard hand guard? 16, 18...?

I removed the paint off my AW. I used Acetone and Citristrip. I couldn't be more happy with it, I have never really been a fan of the black skins on AIs but it is growing on me and looks real slick. It took about 8 hours total but I was very thorough and made sure to get every little nook and and cranny both outside and below the skin.

Before
dfdrce433

After

I removed the paint off my AW. I used Acetone and Citristrip. I couldn't be more happy with it, I have never really been a fan of the black skins on AIs but it is growing on me and looks real slick. It took about 8 hours total but I was very thorough and made sure to get every little nook and and cranny both outside and below the skin.

Before
View attachment 7101226dfdrce433

After
View attachment 7101225

That looks sharp. Good job! I bet you’re glad that project is done.

Gar

Before
View attachment 7101226dfdrce433

After
View attachment 7101225
Man, that looks so much nicer than that woodland sponge job that was on there! Nice job!

I've only used Tab Gear rear bag as a front bag during comps until today. I knew it wasn't ideal but it got the job done. Finally decided to get a real front bag and got the pint sized GC and used it for the 1st time today during a match. Huge improvement not surprisingly. It's not too big but it's very solid. View attachment 7099771View attachment 7099772View attachment 7099773

Agreed, the pint sized game changer is easily my favorite bag. Not only is it a great front bag but I also use it as a rear bag.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I am happy to be done with it, sniffing Acetone for 8 hours probably didn't add any years to my life. But it was worth it. I too was worried on how good it would look and I thought there would be no way to get it all off but it wasn't too hard just time consuming. If you ever need to do this I recommend a toothbrush with the bristles cut off with scissors so they are really short and a pack of Q-tips. Really helps get the spots that are hard to reach and stubborn. Anyways, managed to get one more beauty shot before the sun went down.

Some of you are amazing photographers. Make my shots of a rifle on a table look like crap. Well, I have a brand new AX308 coming in elite sand next week. I'll try to live up to this benchmark!

Sztdu4W.jpg

Got my 6BR barrel in from Whidden and shot it today. It’s a 26” heavy palma gain twist (1:7.7”-1:7”) barrel I had chambered for the 105 hybrids. I made up a random load with 29 gr Varget and 95 gr TMK to shoot first while I wait for some components to come in. It shot decently, starting at around .6 and .7” groups, and then started closing in and being around .4s after about 25 rounds. The zero was a full 1.5 mil left of my Proof 6.5x47 barrel, which was odd but not a big deal. It fed perfectly, I just dropped the HRD kit into my spare mag with no modifications. The next time the weather gets bad I’ll probably spray paint the barrel. Really enjoying the 6BR so far, and I’m really looking forward to playing with the hybrids.

Last edited:
I haven't loaded any 185 jugs yet but factory federals shot lights out in my ax

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20190324-162923_Ballistic-X.jpg
    Resized_Screenshot_20190324-162923_Ballistic-X.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 124
The 155, 168, and the 175 shot very well from my 1:12 AiAT barrel the 185 is probably pushing it a little but worth a try.

Please post back how the 185 Juggs work. I have been pondering switching to them
Berger 185 Juggernauts, Lapua small Primer brass, Varget powder, my AI's shoot subMOA out to 600 yes, and for a guy born in the first half of the last century that is good enough for government work;)

Reactions: OzzyO20
85FA90E7-C2E2-4A1D-96F1-0A30C299D10B.jpeg

Finally got around to trying out my 300 WM barrel on my AXMC. (It’s set up for .308 in this pic) If the past two range days are an indication, it may be the best shooter I have. I’ve only shot factory loads so far. Hornady 178 gr. ELD Match the first day, and Hornady 200 gr. Precision Hunter the second. Only shot one five round group to establish point of impact for each, then shot the remainder on steel.

4343B193-3986-412F-8D54-506D4E6AADED.jpeg
A65F2A43-C2C7-43C5-83BC-1DF2897823A9.jpeg

Nice looking/ shooting rifle there! Hay, just curious what length cleaning rod one uses with an AXMC and a .338 AI 27” barrel?

Gar

Nice looking/ shooting rifle there! Hay, just curious what length cleaning rod one uses with an AXMC and a .338 AI 27” barrel?

Gar

Thanks. Depending on the length of your muzzle brake, and how much your bore guide protrudes from the rear of the receiver, I’d use either a 40” or 44” Dewey coated rod. Others may prefer other brands, but you want your rod to be long enough for the jag, brush, etc, to fully protrude from the muzzle. I like my rods long enough so that when the jag fully exits the brake, the rod handle is well to the rear of the scope cap, so I don’t bang my hand up. A 44” Dewey is what I use in my AXMC with a 26” barrel. YMMV

Thanks. Depending on the length of your muzzle brake, and how much your bore guide protrudes from the rear of the receiver, I’d use either a 40” or 44” Dewey coated rod. Others may prefer other brands, but you want your rod to be long enough for the jag, brush, etc, to fully protrude from the muzzle. I like my rods long enough so that when the jag fully exits the brake, the rod handle is well to the rear of the scope cap, so I don’t bang my hand up. A 44” Dewey is what I use in my AXMC with a 26” barrel. YMMV

Good to know. So a 44” Dewey should work with an AI AXMC 27” barrel. Thanks!

Gar