• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Do they make a barrel thread on bore guide for a barre that has been removed from the action. I like to clean my barrel when I remove them from my AT. It makes life easy.

Do they make a barrel thread on bore guide for a barre that has been removed from the action. I like to clean my barrel when I remove them from my AT. It makes life easy.

I don't think anyones makes one, but if you have a drill press and enough skill to line something up dead center then you could just make one yourself. All you'd need to do is get one of the aluminum breach caps that several companies make, punch a hole in the very center perfectly straight, and then thread it for whichever bore guide you're using. Would be very simple to make.

IMG_20191225_115509_947.jpg

My point would be that someone alot with more machine experience than me, would be able to make something that would help.

I have no clue how I would go about it, I still use a bore snake and wipeout.

I dont want anything, I see a need for others that use a rod and jag and own AI rifle.

I am a dirty barrel type of guy.

@samb300

Do you have time to take on this idea?
It’s funny, this is the exact concept I tossed around in my head quite some time ago. I was going to reach out to Mike Lucas about working on something like this together, but I had heard (haven’t confirmed) that he retired or stopped making bore guides.

I don’t know if his bore guide design is patented or anything like that, but my thought was a universal guide body that screwed onto the barrel tenon (barrel obviously has to be removed). The guide body has an alignment shaft with an ID large enough to fit caliber-specific guides with o-rings on them, just like the Lucas ones have.

Or just make the entire body of it caliber-specific to simplify it. Do 22, 243, 6.5, 7, 308.

This wouldn’t be hard, I already have tenon protectors modeled in CAD. Honestly never really played around with this idea because I have a set of Lucas guides LOL

3d printed tenon protector with a dummy round built into the base with a hole in the center for a cleaning rod.. I've been trying to print one for days but I have zero cad skills so I'm having trouble with threads. Still better than spending all day in front of a lathe and then crashing it.

Attachments

• 20191228_170343.jpg
    20191228_170343.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 87
Shoot it. I got mine with the intention of shooting it and I’ve been shooting matches and classes with it since 2014.

I think pushing it a bit it is the only way to appreciate just how good that rifle is.

View attachment 7207479

I have 15,000 rounds on mine and I’ve lost interest in other rifles.
What kind of Arca rail is that on the fore end? Do you like it?

It’s funny, this is the exact concept I tossed around in my head quite some time ago. I was going to reach out to Mike Lucas about working on something like this together, but I had heard (haven’t confirmed) that he retired or stopped making bore guides.

I don’t know if his bore guide design is patented or anything like that, but my thought was a universal guide body that screwed onto the barrel tenon (barrel obviously has to be removed). The guide body has an alignment shaft with an ID large enough to fit caliber-specific guides with o-rings on them, just like the Lucas ones have.

Or just make the entire body of it caliber-specific to simplify it. Do 22, 243, 6.5, 7, 308.

This wouldn’t be hard, I already have tenon protectors modeled in CAD. Honestly never really played around with this idea because I have a set of Lucas guides LOL

I have a guy that can do it for you. In fact myself and another guy already discussed it with him for AI barrels about a year ago. He already has programs for his CNC for AI tenon protectors so it'd be as simple as modifying the file the CNC and thread a hole in the back. We discussed doing it with the Lyman universal guide (pretty inexpensive and good quality and doing a set screw through the tenon cover to tighten against it so that it would be adjustable.

I have a guy that can do it for you. In fact myself and another guy already discussed it with him for AI barrels about a year ago. He already has programs for his CNC for AI tenon protectors so it'd be as simple as modifying the file the CNC and thread a hole in the back. We discussed doing it with the Lyman universal guide (pretty inexpensive and good quality and doing a set screw through the tenon cover to tighten against it so that it would be adjustable.

Shhhhh!

You can hunt deer over hounds where you live?

Unfortunately yes. Yesterday was the 1st time I've ever done it myself but I've had dogs run right under my tree stand 1000 times and ruined hunts. Figured if I'm going to bitch about it, I'll try it and see what it's really about.

It was pretty fun but what made it most fun was hunting with one of my best friends and shooting partners

I pull the barrel off my AT and use my fingers at the chamber as a bore guide.
Get a bore tech. You can order custom sized collars for it for the ID of your action. They're super slick, you'll chuck that AI bore guide in the trash where it belongs.
This is what i use in my AXMC for .308 Win, .300 WinMag and .338 LM.

https://www.milehighshooting.com/accuracy-international-ai-6607-300-win-338-lapua-bore-guide/

The guide aligns the rod to the chamber and the chamber aligns the rod to the bore.

Stop messing around with shitty bore guides, order a custom fit one. I used to order mine directly from Mike Lucas many years ago, but these are the ticket now:

you spec them to your action ID, and cleaning rod OD

Reactions: kujuak
Does anyone have the cerakote color for Sage Green? Looking to buy a Proof SS barrel and get it done to match. Any experience with Proof SS prefit?

Stop messing around with shitty bore guides, order a custom fit one. I used to order mine directly from Mike Lucas many years ago, but these are the ticket now:

you spec them to your action ID, and cleaning rod OD

Had plenty of Lucas guides, they are great no doubt but the Bore Tech IMO is better and in no way a shitty product. They are very high quality pieces.

Reactions: kujuak and jbell
I don’t doubt you at all. But out of curiosity in your opinion what makes the Bore Tech better? I am a big fan of Bore Tech solvents and rods, all I use. But the BT guides I have seen do not have the fitted guide for the rod I was able to fit a patch on a jag right through, you can’t do that with the Lucas style. If the rod has slop in the bore guide then it is not being aligned as well as it can be with the bore. Maybe I am not thinking of the same bore guides, if so I apologize. **I am not trying to be argumentative, just asking.

Not sure I'd go with that, but this might be quite nice stenciled in there....

Attachments

• 71L6Wgqn9NL._SX500_.jpg
    71L6Wgqn9NL._SX500_.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 47
Just curious mate, what did you get the weight of this down to? (Sans the can as well if that's not an issue, us convicts can't be trusted with common sense regarding firearms)

It was 19lbs with a 26 1/2” 6.5cm barrel, an elite iron bipod and a razor gen2.
As pictured above it weighs 15.8lbs. The can weighs 9.7oz according to TBAC website.
Above it’s has a AMG scope, Spuhr Mount, Burris fastfire 3 dot, 20” 308 proof carbon barrel and carbon fiber tier one bipod

So took my new AI AT out today for the first time. All of the groups are 5 shot groups. The t target and one of the grid targets is 6.5 creedmoor with a 26” win barrel. The other is 308 with a 16.5” win barrel. All three groups were prime ammo. 100 yards from the bench. Wish I would of used a different bag or went prone. I had issue with my bag slipping on the bench for some reason today. The group with the 308. I knew I pulled that shot as soon as I took it. That group was also shots 7-11 on that barrel. The two groups of 6.5 were 30-35 and 35-40. I’m very happy with my rifle. Now I just need to work on myself more. The rifle definitely outperforms the shooter.

Attachments

• A8F575FA-04D1-4C90-B8C2-C9F72AD5ADE2.jpeg
    A8F575FA-04D1-4C90-B8C2-C9F72AD5ADE2.jpeg
    440 KB · Views: 66
  • 48F388F3-10FE-40AA-8098-0DE378CCEE32.png
    48F388F3-10FE-40AA-8098-0DE378CCEE32.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 73
  • 58CA0B45-7D42-4C87-9FB6-C8A0F72691FC.png
    58CA0B45-7D42-4C87-9FB6-C8A0F72691FC.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 60
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
So took my new AI AT out today for the first time. All of the groups are 5 shot groups. The t target and one of the grid targets is 6.5 creedmoor with a 26” win barrel. The other is 308 with a 16.5” win barrel. All three groups were prime ammo. 100 yards from the bench. Wish I would of used a different bag or went prone. I had issue with my bag slipping on the bench for some reason today. The group with the 308. I knew I pulled that shot as soon as I took it. That group was also shots 7-11 on that barrel. The two groups of 6.5 were 30-35 and 35-40. I’m very happy with my rifle. Now I just need to work on myself more. The rifle definitely outperforms the shooter.
I need a new face target, what’s that one? You have a PDF?
Good shooting man.
#TargetsRightTearDuct
#SendIt

Reactions: RS14
I need a new face target, what’s that one? You have a PDF?
Good shooting man.
#TargetsRightTearDuct
#SendIt
Thanks.

I have the file saved on my work computer. A coworker has my squad right now. But I’ll be getting it back sometime tomorrow. So I’ll try to get it to you soon as that happens.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
It was 19lbs with a 26 1/2” 6.5cm barrel, an elite iron bipod and a razor gen2.
As pictured above it weighs 15.8lbs. The can weighs 9.7oz according to TBAC website.
Above it’s has a AMG scope, Spuhr Mount, Burris fastfire 3 dot, 20” 308 proof carbon barrel and carbon fiber tier one bipod
Thanks for the info mate, that's bloody good weight reduction. I wonder how low you could get an AXMC down to

Looking good ! One day I’l have one of these in my safe !