• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Is that the 24" barrel?
It’s a 20 inch. And it is very accurate 3 shots at 100 yards with a thrown together load. Also a 3 inch group at 785 all with only 80 rounds down the gun.
F762A137-0423-4E0D-AAF1-75A1EEE168D4.jpeg

Reactions: charles63
It’s a 1.5 high and 0 moa.

Sweet setup Snipeace! i have a similar setup. 24" bbl, Spuhr 1.5 QDP 6Mil Cant, same optics you have. it's pretty close to the rail. running total 12Mil can't due to the rail.

Reactions: Snipenace
It’s a 20 inch. And it is very accurate 3 shots at 100 yards with a thrown together load. Also a 3 inch group at 785 all with only 80 rounds down the gun. View attachment 6869444
Nice. Yeah, I had a 20" AIAW in 308 that shot like that. I'm planning on getting an AXMC in April, and the 20" barrel guns that Mile High shows, aren't threaded. So I emailed them as asked about getting them to thread one, and they said it would cut into the flats, and I need to get a 24". Yet, I see quite a few guys on here with 20" threaded barrels and theres plenty of room in front of the flat.

Nice. Yeah, I had a 20" AIAW in 308 that shot like that. I'm planning on getting an AXMC in April, and the 20" barrel guns that Mile High shows, aren't threaded. So I emailed them as asked about getting them to thread one, and they said it would cut into the flats, and I need to get a 24". Yet, I see quite a few guys on here with 20" threaded barrels and theres plenty of room in front of the flat.
Yeah mine is no where near the flats. Probably 2-3 inches. Talk to Jordan or jerry that’s who helped me with mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: medic103
what bullets and velocity are you guys seeing with the 20" 308 barrels? I'm getting around 2500 with 168 sierras, was expecting a little closer to 1600. My load is 42 grs of R15.

Slightly off topic , Is anyone shooting with barrels sub 20'' about to buy an AT but going to pull the 308 barrel straight away and either go 18'' 6.5 cm or 16'' 6.5 x 46 and 16' 7 08 as I have a carbon barrel here already from a previous project which did not happen !

It would be good to know the weight of the base rifle ( action stock ) less the barrel , the aim is to reduce weight to the bare min the rifle wont be shot any further that 600 yards mostly up to 300 so no need for long barrel.

Can you folks save a spot for me? I just received my sales receipt for a brandy new AX, pale brown, in .260 Remington.

Reactions: Snipenace
Do you guys put any type grease on your AI bolts? Lubriplate? Thanks!

Do you guys put any type grease on your AI bolts? Lubriplate? Thanks!

I use a combination of a dab of grease (ALG very thin grease or tetra) behind each lug and the bolt stop raceway, and a light coat of oil (ALG or EWL) on the body. Makes for a nice slick action and minimizes wear. I've been doing this on AI rifles for over 10 years and have never had any issues from debris or anything else.

Reactions: M289 and kujuak
Do the American Rifle Company mags work in the AIATs? I'm talking about the AT rifles not the chassis's. Saw a video from Patriot Valley where they run the ARC mags in a factory AX rifle. Just curious.

what bullets and velocity are you guys seeing with the 20" 308 barrels? I'm getting around 2500 with 168 sierras, was expecting a little closer to 1600. My load is 42 grs of R15.

20” AIAE running 175 SMK’s over 43.7 of RE15 in Lapua brass at 2590. RE15 is a bit temp sensitive, so, in the winter, I’ll loose 1 FPS per degree give or take.

Reactions: DetroitRearView
Yea DetroitRearView you are a bad influence. You may have pushed me over the edge to sell one of my customs to get a 2nd AI. Can you tell much of a difference in weight between the long and short action rifles?

Yea DetroitRearView you are a bad influence. You may have pushed me over the edge to sell one of my customs to get a 2nd AI. Can you tell much of a difference in weight between the long and short action rifles?
The SA rifle has a 6.5cm 20” Proof cf = 14# also have a 16” Proof 308
The AXMC is wearing a 300NM 26” with elite iron bipod = 20#

Easy to shoot/handle the SA offhand, not so much with the 20 pounder.
Majority of the weight is to there rear with the SA, have a 26” 300N Proof on order for AXMC

RC - yep you have unlimited range here...

09972968-3934-4B84-B4A8-4BE0002D84B1.jpeg

My AI AT with 308 and 6.5x47 barrels, S&B 3-20, Spuhr mount, Atlas bipod, SAP 2 round holder.

UK factory .308 barrel cut down to 16 inches

PDjlags.jpg

BbBlHyM.jpg

RVjmc8G.jpg

I've got a sound moderator that goes on the threaded muzzle break need to get a photo of that though

This is a still from a video I took shooting Prvi Match 168gr

YWFwBYJ.png

My Krieger 6.5x47 Lapua 27 inch 1 in 8 twist barrel

N2U779D.jpg

AGjCKbW.jpg

DRV does indeed have a nice setup. Maybe I need to do better in asking my question: I meant to ask whether AI had even made Dark Earth mags and barrels available? Pale Brown is plentiful. I ended up just buying a black 6.5CM barrel, but I'd like to have Dark Earth mags. Where can I find them?

Thanks
I don’t know where you can find DE Mags or barrels. BLK and PB is all I see FS.

The SA rifle has a 6.5cm 20” Proof cf = 14# also have a 16” Proof 308
The AXMC is wearing a 300NM 26” with elite iron bipod = 20#

Easy to shoot/handle the SA offhand, not so much with the 20 pounder.
Majority of the weight is to there rear with the SA, have a 26” 300N Proof on order for AXMC

RC - yep you have unlimited range here...

View attachment 6872541
Nice setups you have !! This picture is BEAUTIFUL...

All I can say is "wow". Just got home from my FFL and I'm sorting through the box. First impressions are:

1. The trigger is a thing of beauty. I'm new to 2 stage triggers but this thing is a joy.
2. Bolt and action are precise.
3. Trying to figure out if I want to add a spacer on the butt to accommodate length of pull vs. the slide adjustment.
4. I have a Weibad mini stock pack coming. I'm sure that will be worth the money to lock in cheek weld.
5. The double stack magazine is sweet.
6. The 4mm hex wrench that fits the various adjustment points (and the neat storage slot), is pretty clever.

Attachments

• 1518223119490207893546.jpg
    1518223119490207893546.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 210
All I can say is "wow". Just got home from my FFL and I'm sorting through the box. First impressions are:

1. The trigger is a thing of beauty. I'm new to 2 stage triggers but this thing is a joy.
2. Bolt and action are precise.
3. Trying to figure out if I want to add a spacer on the butt to accommodate length of pull vs. the slide adjustment.
4. I have a Weibad mini stock pack coming. I'm sure that will be worth the money to lock in cheek weld.
5. The double stack magazine is sweet.
6. The 4mm hex wrench that fits the various adjustment points (and the neat storage slot), is pretty clever.

Congratulations, a fine piece it is...Instead of using the spacers, I like moving the rear butt hook forward in the rail to my desired shortest LOP as a potential support stop. I can bring it out longer if needed for a shooting position than requires additional LOP.

Looks great I see they had the SP-4036 mount for the SB scope (y)

Thanks - hoping to get out and shoot it soon with the 6.5 PRC.

Yep, I also have an S&B 3-27 on a 20.6 moa Spuhr, that I also use on this rig (for a total of 50.6 moa inclination). Gives me a 100 yd zero and 32.4 mils of elevation on the knob - for those LONG shots :)

Last edited:
That baby is going to be a shooter. I'm liking everything I read about the ballistics of the PRC cartridge. How did you accomodate the magnum bolt head for the PRC round?

The AI AXMC has 3 bolts available - Lapua Magnum, Magnum and 308 bolt face (along with the corresponding 3 different magazine sizes/lengh). So basically you can run any cartridge that fits within that envelope. I might be able to run this (the 6.5 PRC) with the 308 mag as well but the magnum mag will let me seat the bullets longer than the factory ammo. You can run any combination of bolt and mag as needed (say, a magnum bolt with the 308 mag, etc.).

- Carl

Reactions: Ruggedtouch
AI AE mkI rebarelled to 6,5x47L, with viper skins

Welcome to the Hide! I see you're a new shooter here and like you I shoot in all weather. But judging from the angle of the rifle to the mat in the picture I suggest you watch some of Frank's videos about getting behind the gun, absolutely improved my shooting! Shoot well.

Reactions: Shooterpaddleman
Well, to be onest the rifle is positioned like this for the sake of a picture))
I am usually behind the rifle without any angle. But, both ways are accepted as far as I know))
Who is Frank by the way?

Buying New AL, What Color?
I'm about the pull the trigger on a Accuracy International AXMC in .338 Lapua, but having a hard time deciding on a final color.

I initially was set on black, which is the color of my SIG SSG (below), but am am thinking about the "Dark Earth", or even the Sage Green.
But the optic, NightForce ATACR 7-35 is black, as is the scope mount, which might drive me crazy.
Speaking of which, what's the preferred scope mount/height for this combo?

Any pros or cons going with the Dark Earth, or Black color? Or even the traditional AI Sage Green?

Feedback appreciated, as are photos.

Thanks,
Bruce
DSC_0059.jpg

Reactions: artofthepoint