• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Anyone know what finish AI uses on their bolts? It looks to wear quite easily.

What is the lowest height mount y’all have gotten away with using on a AIAX? 56mm objective.

Thanks

What is the lowest height mount y’all have gotten away with using on a AIAX? 56mm objective.

Thanks

It depends on what caps you use. I'd bet 1.42" but a lot just use a 1.5" mount. You can always take off the continuous pic rail off the tube if you want to go lower. Have a couple buddies who did that on their AX's.

It depends on what caps you use. I'd bet 1.42" but a lot just use a 1.5" mount. You can always take off the continuous pic rail off the tube if you want to go lower. Have a couple buddies who did that on their AX's.

Thank you.

I would think the 1.34" would easily work with the forward top rail removed, maybe even the 1.19" with no lens covers?! I chose to run a 1.5" just so that I could clear the forward top rail with lens covers.

Aiaw

Attachments

• photo76326.jpg
    photo76326.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Does anyone know who makes the AI branded drag bags?

Anyone know what finish AI uses on their bolts? It looks to wear quite easily.

I believe it is a form of nitro carbonization although don’t hold me to it. The color may wear but i doubt the benefits of the coating go away.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/image.ibb.co\/h7dskm\/Range_10_28_12.jpg"}[/IMG2]

MB

I took the AX out today to sight it in with the brand new Accurate Ordnance Bartlein 26" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel. It took 12 rounds to get her on target at 100 yds. I shot a 5 round group after getting it on paper and I must say that I am more than pleased with the results. I used factory Hornady 140 gr ELD-Match ammo and shot from the bipod and a rear bag. I think after a proper cleaning schedule and some more rounds to break her in, she'll be capable of even better.

BEtyXjm.jpg

VeMcdQa.jpg

EVG3pOa.jpg

3Kte2PA.jpg

Nicely done! You can also set the caliper's origin/zero at 0.264" and then measure edge-to-edge to get the center-to-center size without busting out the phone or doing math.

Just getting used to my AX, shot a 0.96" 10rd group during break in two weekends back. Couldn't manage a 5rd group without a flier, but those were ~0.5" edge to edge sans called flier.

I took the AX out today to sight it in with the brand new Accurate Ordnance Bartlein 26" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel. It took 12 rounds to get her on target at 100 yds. I shot a 5 round group after getting it on paper and I must say that I am more than pleased with the results. I used factory Hornady 140 gr ELD-Match ammo and shot from the bipod and a rear bag. I think after a proper cleaning schedule and some more rounds to break her in, she'll be capable of even better.

Based on your calculations, you subtracted .264 from the spread you measured with your calipers.
Did you actually measure the diameter of one of the holes, because they rarely match bullet diameter?
Now, it's not gonna make much difference (a few thousandths of an inch) but being as you have those nice Mitutoyo digital calipers, next time just measure the diameter of a representative hole in your group and zero the calipers there. Measure the outside of the group and you have your groups size, no calculator needed.
Another trick from your friendly neighborhood toolmaker.

Based on your calculations, you subtracted .264 from the spread you measured with your calipers.
Did you actually measure the diameter of one of the holes, because they rarely match bullet diameter?
Now, it's not gonna make much difference (a few thousandths of an inch) but being as you have those nice Mitutoyo digital calipers, next time just measure the diameter of a representative hole in your group and zero the calipers there. Measure the outside of the group and you have your groups size, no calculator needed.
Another trick from your friendly neighborhood toolmaker.

I am aware of how to use the Origin feature on the calipers haha, but thanks for looking out. I was simply taking a quick pic for a buddy to send in a text message and it's much easier to send a pic with the calculation deduction shown with the calculator in the frame for irrefutable proof of the group. I actually measured it via the Origin function as well and I got a difference of a little over one thousandths of an inch. Nice notice on the calipers though, not sure why/how I justified buying them, but I got them back when I still worked with Schlumberger.

Nice notice on the calipers though, not sure why/how I justified buying them

I have a small collection of Mitutoyo and Starrett (USA made stuff only as I noticed they do have some Chinese made product lines) that I inexplicably ended up with for jobs that I could have used Harbor Freight shit for. Kind of like how I didn't really need an AI, but ended up with an AX. LOL!

I got to spend a bunch of time behind my A.I. this last weekend. I took a long range Precision Rifle class. We spent day one working 100-500. Working on zero, and really understanding wind and wind calls etc. day 2 was spent at 1000/1200/1400 and THE MILE. I'm super proud to say I scored 2 hits on steel at a mile. I was 23.5 mils up, and since there was quite a bit of wind, I had 6mils dialed in. I really found out what my rifle/scope combo is capable of. I came away with a much better understanding of the optic, and how to really use it to its full benefits. I know having the A.I. helped me. Not saying for a second that tons of other guns couldn't do it, I'm sure they could, but I'm very comfortable with this rifle/scope.

Good class, great rifles!

I got to spend a bunch of time behind my A.I. this last weekend. I took a long range Precision Rifle class. We spent day one working 100-500. Working on zero, and really understanding wind and wind calls etc. day 2 was spent at 1000/1200/1400 and THE MILE. I'm super proud to say I scored 2 hits on steel at a mile. I was 23.5 mils up, and since there was quite a bit of wind, I had 6mils dialed in. I really found out what my rifle/scope combo is capable of. I came away with a much better understanding of the optic, and how to really use it to its full benefits. I know having the A.I. helped me. Not saying for a second that tons of other guns couldn't do it, I'm sure they could, but I'm very comfortable with this rifle/scope.

Good class, great rifles!

Where are the pics?

AFAIK it's just a black oxided grade 8 (metric grade 12.2) screw so it does not have much corrosion resistance.
I can see that happening.

This thing just keeps evolving.
Just back from the Cerakoter, colour is 'as close to AI Sage Green as you can get without actually getting the official recipe'
Union Jack is in Burnt Bronze.
Muzzle brake is prototype Gemtech QM Lantac Dragon (Ser No. 001)

Can you please let me know who did the Cerakote work for you. I want to Cerakote my AT skins in Sage Green. Looks like a tough color because every photo I see is different

Can you please let me know who did the Cerakote work for you. I want to Cerakote my AT skins in Sage Green. Looks like a tough color because every photo I see is different
I use a buddy, he runs ‘HRH Combat Arms’ in Arlington, Tx.
does great work.

Getting some dry fire practice in on our backyard deer herd...

Nice stick! I love the RRS setup as well, still saving for one myself.

It's silly, but I wish my AX were a 2014+ model simply for the stock. I know my pre-2014 does everything the updated version does, and I have no real need to adjust my stocks LOP really ever, but that skeletonized stock gets me every time.

is the RRS AXMC mount the same for the AXMC Short Action? Or should i only shop for AI AT/AX stuff? just bought an AI AXMC 6.5CM short action. all the accessories are confusing me, not knowing if it's for Long or Short action. Same issues with magazines i do not know which one will fit the SA. Barrels i'm fine with...Europtics has a good description to go with AT/AX barrels for Short Action.

checking on B&H they have a BAX15 and BAXR15. shows both will fit AX-AICS and AXMC.

is the RRS AXMC mount the same for the AXMC Short Action? Or should i only shop for AI AT/AX stuff? just bought an AI AXMC 6.5CM short action. all the accessories are confusing me, not knowing if it's for Long or Short action. Same issues with magazines i do not know which one will fit the SA. Barrels i'm fine with...Europtics has a good description to go with AT/AX barrels for Short Action.

The RRS AIAX/AX AICS mount works for three things, the short action AIAX 308 factory rifle, the long action AXMC factory rifle, and the AX AICS chassis system for R700 rifles.

The proper mag for the short action AIAX is the AI P/N 6677, it is the only one you should use.

Short action barrels for the AIAX are the same as those sold for the AIAT and are usually listed as AX/AT. I went through the same learning curve when I got mine and I agree, it is a very confusing lineup.

The RRS AIAX/AX AICS mount works for three things, the short action AIAX 308 factory rifle, the long action AXMC factory rifle, and the AX AICS chassis system for R700 rifles.

The proper mag for the short action AIAX is the AI P/N 6677, it is the only one you should use.

Short action barrels for the AIAX are the same as those sold for the AIAT and are usually listed as AX/AT. I went through the same learning curve when I got mine and I agree, it is a very confusing lineup.

RRS lists a different plate for the AICS AX chassis. Also the AW/AT SA mags works flawlessly in the AX’s as well.

RRS lists a different plate for the AICS AX chassis. Also the AW/AT SA mags works flawlessly in the AX’s as well.

You are correct in regards to the RRS plate for the chassis system. The AICS mags work, but the 6677 is a superior mag so unless you have a bunch of the AICS mags lying around I would only buy 6677 mags.

You are correct in regards to the RRS plate for the chassis system. The AICS mags work, but the 6677 is a superior mag so unless you have a bunch of the AICS mags lying around I would only buy 6677 mags.

I’m not referring to the AICS mag, I’m referring to the AW/AT mag. It’s an entirely different mag from the AICS, it’s double stack double feed just like the AX mag. The only difference is the AW/AT MAG doesn’t locking lip on the front top of the mag. They lock up just as tight in the AX with no play and they’re more universal if you have an AW or AT or a custom setup to run AW mags.

I’m not referring to the AICS mag, I’m referring to the AW/AT mag. It’s an entirely different mag from the AICS, it’s double stack double feed just like the AX mag. The only difference is the AW/AT MAG doesn’t locking lip on the front top of the mag. They lock up just as tight in the AX with no play and they’re more universal if you have an AW or AT or a custom setup to run AW mags.

I had no idea, thanks for the clarification.

Hey, New member here checking in.

Remington 700 in .308
18" Proof Research CF Barrel
AICS AX
Timney Trigger
USO LR-17
Usually wears an AAC SDN-6 until my TBAC comes in

Attachments

• photo81380.jpg
    photo81380.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 173
Here is my 6mm Creedmoor.

Trued Remington 700
6mm Bartlein Barrel 7.5 twist with hellfire 419 brake
Timney two stage trigger
Vortex Gen 2 scope
AICS AT Stock with viperskins

Attachments

• photo81425.jpg
    photo81425.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 143
Picked her up Friday. Anyone know if there is a 6677DE mag? can't find that sku anywhere

Attachments

• 20171210_021925.jpg
    20171210_021925.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 20171210_021719.jpg
    20171210_021719.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 188
  • 20171210_020714.jpg
    20171210_020714.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 20171210_020313.jpg
    20171210_020313.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 172
Picked her up Friday. Anyone know if there is a 6677DE mag? can't find that sku anywhere

Nice rifle :)
The 6677DE SKU is available from Sporting Services UK so I would presume EuroOptic and Mile High can get you those.