• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Well...it's official...I'm in love with these new SB turrets....

Prolly need to rename my side chick "Queen Victoria" now that's she's married to a German again....

20200302_190010.jpg

Well...it's official...I'm in love with these new SB turrets....

Prolly need to rename my side chick "Queen Victoria" now that's she's married to a German again....

View attachment 7263596

What is the model number for that S&B with those turrets? Or better yet what turrets are those? They look nice!

What is the model number for that S&B with those turrets? Or better yet what turrets are those? They look nice!

Those are the new dtII+ turrets and this one has the gr2id reticle. Europtic should have 2-3 other reticle options soon I know the msr2 is one of them and I was torn between those two but decided to try something new.

PN 677-911-422-L7-I5

Last edited:
Reactions: MOUNTIC
I had a chance to break away Sunday and head to Quantico for a day at 1,000y. It started as a crisp 27 degrees with direct sun and no wind and eventually warmed to the mid 50's with about a 5mph wind. The issue was mirage, it was as bad as I've ever seen on the complex. I had to dial down 0.5mils and the left to right was a full Mil and I still sucked. It was so bad we couldn't call shots, we couldn't see the hits on steel and there was no auditory feedback.

I brought the new Swarovski STS-80 out for a test drive. The consensus was the glass was clear and bright, but most folks could not tell the difference between the STS-80 and for example, a side-by-side with a 80mm Vortex HD. Maybe it was the day, but the Swaro lets in more light and has no chromatic distortion that I could see, even close to the edge of the glass.

IMG_3432-1-1289869.jpg

Getting ready for the day. On position 24 and waiting for the EMT to arrive on site so we we can un-case and go hot.

IMG_3434-1-1289870.jpg

The AI Mandalorian edition made it's debut. :)

IMG_3436-1-1289871.jpg

First shot is always at about 0800 so there was a rising sun, cold temps and no mirage. I dialed up for a very low density altitude and fired 4 rounds at the clays at 1035y to confirm windage, then dialed down for 1,000 and shot for the head on a 2/3rds IPSC. I was a tad off. You could still see hits and I even got a ping off the hit. Crappy iPotato photo through the Swarovski.

IMG_3441-1-1289872.jpg

Confirmed:

IMG_3442-1-1289873.jpg

The mirage started to come up after I had called shots and mentored for a couple of hours so it started to get brutal trying to determine hits - we could not see the red hit indicator lights on the targets either - I've never seen this before, even though we dialed down to about 15x. Here's a 10 shot target where literally thought I only had three hits. It turned out I had two misses.

IMG_3446-1-1289874.jpg

Here's another target where I shot two five shot strings and again had no idea if I had hits. A check showed I didn't do too well. We all dialed down our scopes and did the same for the spotters, but there was so much target movement with the mirage it was just hard to confirm hits.

IMG_3458-1-1289868.jpg

I went suppressed for the rest of the day and simply shot clays at 1035y. At least you could see the splash on the berm.

IMG_3449-1-1289875.jpg

IMG_3452-1-1289876.jpg

IMG_3453-1-1289867.jpg
FYI the magnetospeed target hit indicators work real well

I use Sam’s pic rail spigot and the cal clears an Arca Rail. I ran an Arca Rail that extended past the forend and found there was too much flex in the rail so I hacked it off and touched it up with some sharpie. Also ran an atlas spigot adapter and didn’t like the wobble.
4D113635-243D-49C2-9947-DC364462B9BA.jpeg

Reactions: geek65 and samb300
Not sure on the Arca rail, but if you want some more clearance, along with better performance than the BT19 spigot mount, check out the picatinny and Arca spigots from Anarchy Outdoors. They will allow the bipod to be mounted further forward.

https://www.anarchyoutdoors.com/accuracy-international-spigot-mount/

View attachment 7266785

View attachment 7266792

yea yours would definitely do the trick, nothing against it for sure, just trying to see if I can use what I have first.

What cheek pads are you guys running? Ive seen the weibad and the stick on style. Any pros/cons with either? I like the fact that the stick on is less bulky.
New AT owner here will post a pic one I get it set up

What cheek pads are you guys running? Ive seen the weibad and the stick on style. Any pros/cons with either? I like the fact that the stick on is less bulky.
I purchased a hoptic which seems pretty comfy on my axmc, they do have one for the AT iirc

I think the weibad is way comfy but have never run anything else.

Reactions: Surly
Got out with @Long Range 338 yesterday and put the new sb to work.

View attachment 7267997

View attachment 7267998

I am very intrigued with these new turrets and would love to hear the details of their features.
I haven’t seen these anywhere besides the link you provided above.
Would you be able to explain how they work and new features in comparison to the old DT Turret? How does the locking system work and how does the second rev indicator work?

Thanks in advance

I am very intrigued with these new turrets and would love to hear the details of their features.
I haven’t seen these anywhere besides the link you provided above.
Would you be able to explain how they work and new features in comparison to the old DT Turret? How does the locking system work and how does the second rev indicator work?

Thanks in advance

The turret is way shorter than a normal dt turret. Numbers are bigger and easier to quickly see where I am in either rev. Click spacing I "feel" like is a little wider than the last dt I spun like yours in your pic. There are sliding locking levers on the base of the windage and elevation knobs. The elevation has 3 settings which display in a window you can see. Red is locked, green is unlocked, MTC on. Black is MTC off.

The mtc feels alot better than other locking MTC sb I have turned and is probably because the click spacing feels a little better to me on this style. I don't blow past my intended target as easy if it's around .2 of a whole number.

My windage is single turn with a zero click which I also dig. Clear distinct click when you rtz on the windage and it's impossible to turn past 6.5ish mils of wind on this model.

Second rev is indicated by a yellow pop up button on the elevation turret. It starts to rise at 13.5 mils and is fully extruded at 14 Mils.

So far I'm digging it

20200308_193947.jpg

20200308_194013.jpg

20200308_194017.jpg

20200308_194044.jpg

20200308_194001.jpg

I do like the rifle, however, question - why buy an AI (obvious paying a premium for what it is), then putting it in a chassis system?
I did not put it in the MPA, so I cannot answer as to why someone else did. I do however know that a fair number of people do not like the AI chassis, so it was a no brainer to me to go with something I know fits me. I am however currently looking for a factory AT chassis setup so that I can put it back "stock" if the need/want should arise.

Because the stock chassis aren’t great for PRS style matches.

Yep. I’ve won a few club matches with my AI, and as much as I hate to say it, until there are weight and other restrictions (likely won’t happen) you are at a disadvantage once you get to a certain point.

I think a stock AT is the absolute perfect beginner rifle. After a year or two with it, move on to customs and get that extra advantage from better chassis styles, weight, and triggers.