• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

@CoriolisEffect
AT2.jpg
AT.jpg
AT3 (2).jpg

c919ee7b-9816-4a80-9d4d-06f5f914f9ad-jpeg.7978072

Snuck in a shot of my son shooting out to 1297 yrds. We shoot at a military range and they don’t allow pictures of the range. Steel targets move randomly weekly. We range, shot and impact targets at 852, 906, 1152, and 1297 today. Using 155 gr Palma’s all day.. Like it ain’t no thing to it with this AX. Ranged another one at 1673 yrds though never tried. But it was a nice day at the range shooting with the AI.
Where is that? 1673? Dang

So I picked up a 26” 6.5 barrel for my axsa, looking at ammo now and I can find 140 gr fgmm, and 140 gr eld, and the cheaper 123gr American eagle. What are peoples experiences of those rounds in the AXSA?

So I picked up a 26” 6.5 barrel for my axsa, looking at ammo now and I can find 140 gr fgmm, and 140 gr eld, and the cheaper 123gr American eagle. What are peoples experiences of those rounds in the AXSA?
Hornady ELD match shot the best for me, the only fgmm I,shot were the Berger 130.s but the hornady shot better for me

Hornady ELD match shot the best for me, the only fgmm I,shot were the Berger 130.s but the hornady shot better for me
Interesting, looks like time to buy boxes of what I can find and see what she like the most.

Looks like the consensus though is that the 140, and 147 Elds are laser makers.

Interesting, looks like time to buy boxes of what I can find and see what she like the most.

Looks like the consensus though is that the 140, and 147 Elds are laser makers.

The 140 has worked ok to well for me in the past (factory and handloads)

I don’t know where are you getting this “consensus” from but id advise to steer clear of the 147eldm anything.

Reactions: Huskydriver

I don’t know where are you getting this “consensus” from but id advise to steer clear of the 147eldm anything.
Good to know, just from looking over many threads on best performing and most accurate 6.5 loadings, many have sung the praises of both the 140 and the 147. I appreciate the info.

Any special reason why to steer clear of the 147 ? I’ve been using the 147gr factory TAP ammo and my own hand loads with zero issues.

Any special reason why to steer clear of the 147 ? I’ve been using the 147gr factory TAP ammo and my own hand loads with zero issues.
147's have have a tendency to blow up mid flight to target. Hornady refuses to acknowledge the issue and places the blame on every one but themselves. What what I have read, seems isolated to those bullets and not the 140's but I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

147's have have a tendency to blow up mid flight to target. Hornady refuses to acknowledge the issue and places the blame on every one but themselves. What what I have read, seems isolated to those bullets and not the 140's but I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

I have seen it personally with 140s too......

How's that atx?

The 147 blowups are one thing. Same lot,and lot to lot inconsistencies is another.

Sometimes i can live with it but i mentality prep for bullshit every time i load ELDMs for a match.

Hey, Christmas is coming up. Looks like a winner.

Green Meanie.png

Attachments

• 1666439482726.png
    1666439482726.png
    719.8 KB · Views: 26
Also.. what's the reason that the Anarchy Outdoors Thumb Shelf isn't compatible with the fixed version..

It seems my fixed has the holes in the right place?

Also.. what's the reason that the Anarchy Outdoors Thumb Shelf isn't compatible with the fixed version..

It seems my fixed has the holes in the right place?
@samb300

I asked the same question. Was told the shelf utilizes the same hole the folding “retainer” uses

Samb300 will know

Yeah from looking at the pictures I can see that.. but surely we could just buy the retainer thing in order to install it?
Mr. JayjayUK, I’m very sorry but you have to buy a brand new AIAT with folder to use the thumb shelf.

😔

Ok lol j/k maybe time to break out the drill press and tap a hole? Maybe a gunsmith job.

Reactions: JayjayUK
You could drill a hole in the chassis, or buy a folding AT buttstock from someone who upgraded to the AX buttstock.

Reactions: JayjayUK
Mr. JayjayUK, I’m very sorry but you have to buy a brand new AIAT with folder to use the thumb shelf.

😔

Ok lol j/k maybe time to break out the drill press and tap a hole? Maybe a gunsmith job.
Oh no... such a shame... I will just have to tell my wife that I NEED to buy a new rifle so that my thumb has a comfy seat to sit on whilst I shoot... 😅

But seriously, it is a shame as I went with the logic that I wouldn't need a folding stock so I'd save my self a few hundred squid and get the fixed.

Oh well.. the thumbrest can go to the back of the shopping list behind a Sphur mount, NF/S&B/Vortex Scope, a Tripod, Spotting Scope.. etc etc.

Albeit a thought just popped into my head, those little plastic bits that fill the holes are relatively deep.. I might try see if I can drill a hole in one of them and fixed a nut too it.. use one screw that goes all the way through and another shallow one...?

Or one screw and a blob of glue to the little plastic filler bit

Last edited:
Oh no... such a shame... I will just have to tell my wife that I NEED to buy a new rifle so that my thumb has a comfy seat to sit on whilst I shoot... 😅
lol!

Albeit a thought just popped into my head, those little plastic bits that fill the holes are relatively deep.. I might try see if I can drill a hole in one of them and fixed a nut too it.. use one screw that goes all the way through and another shallow one...?
White trash way: Just pop out the plastic cover, squirt a bunch of JB Weld in there, slap on the thumb rest, attach the front of it the correct way. For the rear hole buy a self-tapping sheet metal screw and blast it in there before the epoxy dries. THERE I FIXED IT.

Reactions: DJL2 and JayjayUK
lol!

White trash way: Just pop out the plastic cover, squirt a bunch of JB Weld in there, slap on the thumb rest, attach the front of it the correct way. For the rear hole buy a self-tapping sheet metal screw and blast it in there before the epoxy dries. THERE I FIXED IT.
I might just do something like that.. I now have spare plastic cover bits so why not

I might just do something like that.. I now have spare plastic cover bits so why not
Whoa, I was joking! Don’t use JB Weld! You’ll wind up with your plastic skins epoxied to your metal spine! Or worse if it leaks into the trigger.

I’m not sure the exact method of how that thumb rest’s rear bolt attaches. But the right way to DIY would be to pop that plastic bit out, mark the center, remove all the surrounding plastic skin, and drill a hole with a drill press (so it’s perpendicular and round). Then you use a hand tap and thread the hole.

How it works is you figure out the threaded hole diameter you want then buy a tap for that diameter. Find out which drill bit the tap needs (smaller than the threaded hole diameter). You need a hand tap holder too. I’d remove all the plastic like on Sam’s pics.

Trickier bit is to mark the dead center in the hole. Some skilled people can use a hand drill. Not me.

Anyway, I’d bring it to a gunsmith as my hand-tapping skillz are low-fi. I’m sure Sam or others can fill in the details if you DIY.

No tapping required, just the correct size hole For the SS/ silver boss.

Get the Anarchy AT RH thumbrest; SKU AI-TR-AT-RH that has the SS/silver threaded boss.

Drill 1x hole in the correct place, RHS chassis and that boss slots not screws right in, is held in place thru the flushcup on the LHS of the chassis, and the screw from the RHS in via the thumbrest. All screws supplied in that kit, not the flushcup. I may have drilled another hole in the LHS for the flushcup, can’t remember if that was already there or not.
The RH thumbrest screw fits into the plastic/ brass threaded, captured nut that sits in the keyed skin mount.
Easy!

Attachments

• EF46CC07-9959-49FC-8D25-F38FD059A9A6.jpeg
    EF46CC07-9959-49FC-8D25-F38FD059A9A6.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 92
312107843_497549205589749_2469237354078278706_n.jpg

ATX 26" 6BR 108gr ELDM. Refined, heavy bastard. Ran in the new HardyNZ barrel today with 200 rounds, season finale this weekend.
AXSR 26" 300PRC 210gr VLD Hunter. Sleek, 'light' and glorious. This is the first rifle to leave the safe most of the time.

No tapping required, just the correct size hole For the SS/ silver boss.

Get the Anarchy AT RH thumbrest; SKU AI-TR-AT-RH that has the SS/silver threaded boss.

Drill 1x hole in the correct place, RHS chassis and that boss slots not screws right in, is held in place thru the flushcup on the LHS of the chassis, and the screw from the RHS in via the thumbrest. All screws supplied in that kit, not the flushcup. I may have drilled another hole in the LHS for the flushcup, can’t remember if that was already there or not.
The RH thumbrest screw fits into the plastic/ brass threaded, captured nut that sits in the keyed skin mount.
Easy!

What are your thought on the thumb rest? I was thinking about getting one for my AX, but having a hard time justifying 50 bucks for a piece of plastic.

That being said, I can completely see where a thumb rest would be nice.

What are your thought on the thumb rest? I was thinking about getting one for my AX, but having a hard time justifying 50 bucks for a piece of plastic.

I absolutely love mine. It was completely worth it. However everyone is different.

50 bucks on an AI is nothing... I'm sure happy with mine too!

Both my AT and MC have one. Highly recommend it. But I don’t wrap the grip.

Yup, $50 on an AI is a drop in the ocean as said already.
The thumbrest is awesome. It’s functional as the thumb is at readiness to lever/ cycle the bolt. It also seems to be a natural position for me and clearly many others.
I can’t reconcile why AI didn’t make provision for them on the new models…
I also enjoy the retro thumbhole stocks so I’ve the best of both worlds.