• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

A couple of L96's at Bisley in the UK last week. One is an ex Police Rifle, the top one is a clone made from a single shot target action.

Gt4I4vO.jpg

Some single shot AI Target Actions, machined for a Magwell. AI Coopermatch rifles are dirt cheap in the UK, nobody wants them.

Cerakoted Highland Green, ready for an L96 clone in 6.5CM with barrel threaded for a ASE SL5i.

The Coopermatch actions will wear L96 chassis, skins and barrels.

There are two more. one in left handed which is waiting for the right customer. The other has a factory fitted magwell, for use in a wooden target stock, and is currently being inlet and bedded into a Macmillan McHale stock and barrelled in 6.5CM then cerakoted matt black.

qbCtTrL.jpg

sqqDQT2.jpg

8pF1xUA.jpg

Ui4uJEY.jpg

jhkU5jV.jpg

I1KPM4Q.jpg

3YQgsiT.jpg

q2MdPsD.jpg

uMdTT7T.jpg

0uB0XmQ.jpg

O333lAQ.jpg

The factory fitted magwell, with magazine held by a spring clip on the front edge. L96 trigger guard, Coopermatch action and McHale stock in the early stages of the build.

LjTTvkm.jpg

OgK7n8h.jpg
Lefty, you say...

Reactions: EOD100
Some single shot AI Target Actions, machined for a Magwell. AI Coopermatch rifles are dirt cheap in the UK, nobody wants them.

Cerakoted Highland Green, ready for an L96 clone in 6.5CM with barrel threaded for a ASE SL5i.

The Coopermatch actions will wear L96 chassis, skins and barrels.

There are two more. one in left handed which is waiting for the right customer. The other has a factory fitted magwell, for use in a wooden target stock, and is currently being inlet and bedded into a Macmillan McHale stock and barrelled in 6.5CM then cerakoted matt black.

qbCtTrL.jpg

sqqDQT2.jpg

8pF1xUA.jpg

Ui4uJEY.jpg

jhkU5jV.jpg

I1KPM4Q.jpg

3YQgsiT.jpg
.....I love you....

• Haha
Reactions: EOD100 and DJL2
Reactions: Defender3
I’m getting closer and closer to painting my AT. I have the sponges and Krylon here, and I’m channeling my inner Rembrandt.

For those that have done it, did y’all tape off the action? Or find it easier to remove the skins and do it that way?

I’m getting closer and closer to painting my AT. I have the sponges and Krylon here, and I’m channeling my inner Rembrandt.

For those that have done it, did y’all tape off the action? Or find it easier to remove the skins and do it that way?
I’d personally remove the skins if that’s all I wanted to paint

Make sure you paint the scope too. Don’t be one of those weirdos who paints the rifle but not the optic.

If you want to paint the action just remove the bolt and tape off the ejection port and raceway in the back. Turret numbers, mag numbers and lenses too if you do the scope.

I didn't and I found out easier to remove the skins and just do the skins.

If you choose to paint the action, I've always found just ripping the tape , slapping it on and not making it perfect has actually made the paint job look better in the end.

Reactions: RS14
Can anyone tell me the diameter of the 338 Lapua factory barrel at the end of the rail? AXSR.

The AXSR factory barrels vary this much?

No, the Proof CF is a thicker contour than factory, as is my 33xc bbl. Had to have the 33xc barrel turned down a bit. Want to order it correctly from Bartlein next time.

My 33 xc barrel is 1.240 at end of rail. No rubbing.
Factory AXSR 338 LM is .980 at rail.
Bart HV 300 PRC is 1.110 at rail.

The sub 30 cal blanks i have order are contoured as the factory AXSR contour.

My 33 xc barrel is 1.240 at end of rail. No rubbing.
Factory AXSR 338 LM is .980 at rail.
Bart HV 300 PRC is 1.110 at rail.
Yeah, I think 1.23, 1.24 is at the upper end of what you want. Greg@ spr chambered it for me and tapered it down to the minimum clearance he likes to see.

Reactions: BCX
Sunday is always "long range" at the Quantico Shooting Club. Yesterday was 70 degrees but today was 45 degrees with 13mph winds gusting to 22 and swirling across the range. There were a number of AIs on the line including an ATX, short actions and my MC. I was shooting a steel plate at 1,035 and the best I could do was 9 hits out of 20 shots. Two shots on target, then one off left edge. One shot on and the next off the right edge, rinse and repeat; and the whole line was having similar challenges. I also let a guy, who was shooting an RPR in 338 experience AI greatness by hitting that steel.

IMG_4321-2599044.jpg

IMG_4327-2599045.jpg

IMG_4328-2599046.jpg

AX308 in 6.5X47 hunting the not so elusive sabre tooth Chinese water deer in England.

Attachments

• A4AD8667-09D0-4811-865E-FA85C6DA83A6.jpeg
    A4AD8667-09D0-4811-865E-FA85C6DA83A6.jpeg
    528.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 54710F4A-CF33-4164-AAFD-2A6D36EDF3E4.jpeg
    54710F4A-CF33-4164-AAFD-2A6D36EDF3E4.jpeg
    709.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 0132A518-F66F-4913-92CE-09F98E76FC1A.jpeg
    0132A518-F66F-4913-92CE-09F98E76FC1A.jpeg
    936.1 KB · Views: 161