• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

After owning both AX and AT I agree with where you ended up. AT is excellent. Oddly enough we have very similar barrels lol.

16.5 6.5creed
19" 308
26" 6x47

Looking to do a 26" 308 soon.

We're either both geniuses or dumb as hell. Lol. I'd love to do a 300 WSM in the same package but for the $2k+ it would cost I could get a Rem 700 and an AT chassis.

We're either both geniuses or dumb as hell. Lol. I'd love to do a 300 WSM in the same package but for the $2k+ it would cost I could get a Rem 700 and an AT chassis.
Been toying with 6.5 or 300prc and thinking the same way you are. It would run me about 1500 when I have a 300wm project sitting unfinished in pieces here lol. Just been too lazy to put it together.

Reactions: TanktheFrank
Manzella making a 260 barrel for my ATX right now
Excellent choice. Best AI barrel cutter around

31B3CB86-AEED-4084-9566-160317119CD8.jpeg
A09D9D21-847E-4428-B17B-58FA3692CF7E.jpeg

Rest in Peace, Accuracy International AT Chassis...
The AT 308 webpage from the AI Website has officially been pulled down.
REF: http://www.accuracyinternational.com/at308.html - 404
End of an Era.

EDIT for clarification: the Accuracy International AT 308 was planned to be discontinued with word spreading in November 2023. The rifle was to be discontinued from manufacturing as fo January 1st 2024. So, it makes sense that right before Shot Show they are pulling the information on it from their website.

Still... this is the last version of the Arctic Warfare, and it hurts to see.

Last edited:
End of an Era.
Looks like they also rebranded the AT-X as the AT-XC?

Was wondering why EuroOptic didn't have any ATXs on their site anymore.

End of an Era.

It's official, then. AI, like HK, is truly allergic to low lying fruit money from a dedicated civilian following who want legacy options. Another case of the manufacturers telling the market what it should have. Colt did that too, once...

It's official, then. AI, like HK, is truly allergic to low lying fruit money from a dedicated civilian following who want legacy options. Another case of the manufacturers telling the market what it should have. Colt did that too, once...
I would guess that AT AICS sales were virtually non-existent. Who these days is buying an AT chassis? Buying an AT, sure I can see those selling, but dropping a R700 clone in an AT chassis for $1400, that isn't really a thing anymore. I'd guess it was the market that told AI to drop the AT AICS, not the other way around.

I would guess that AT AICS sales were virtually non-existent. Who these days is buying an AT chassis? Buying an AT, sure I can see those selling, but dropping a R700 clone in an AT chassis for $1400, that isn't really a thing anymore. I'd guess it was the market that told AI to drop the AT AICS, not the other way around.
Unfortunately it looks like the whole AT rifle is gone.

I do not think this consideration is about AICS Remington clone chassis options...

What a crock

Now they even have a special “competition version” of the AT-X that comes with a folding hinge and a bunch of other crap stock

And are also offering a “AT-X Military” version

So does this mean my legacy AT goes up in value??

What a crock

Now they even have a special “competition version” of the AT-X that comes with a folding hinge and a bunch of other crap stock

And are also offering a “AT-X Military” version

So does this mean my legacy AT goes up in value??

I am not holding my breath for the PRS crowd to adopt the "competition version."

Reactions: TheBigCountry
I really don't understand the lack of coordination between the UK and USA websites.

The US website still shows the AT and has no mention of the AXSR and ATX or ELR

Must be a family member that does this or his ass would be canned
Never understood that either. Still shows the ax308 and axmc which have been gone for quite a while now.

It's a total disregard for their civilian customers.

I have LH versions of the AT and AXMC. I think they are fantastic rifles. They are one of a kind in their ability to function in any environment and to do so consistently. I would never sell either.

However, AI the company sucks at supporting their customers or at least us southpaws. They say that they offer a rifle system but not to LH customers as they NEVER offer the same accessories offered to RH customers. So it is false advertising.

It will be a cold day in hell when I buy another one...not that they give a rat's ass.

Last edited:
They definitely rely heavily on their pedigree to continue selling rifles. Seems their support to civilians leaves a lot to be desired along with spare part availability. With the current prices it's hard to justify purchasing one. I don't own any AI but recently I've been looking at the AT's just to have a solid, classic 308. The AXSA and AXSR models are pretty ridiculously priced. How much was the AXMC when it came out like $7500?

They definitely rely heavily on their pedigree to continue selling rifles. Seems their support to civilians leaves a lot to be desired along with spare part availability. With the current prices it's hard to justify purchasing one. I don't own any AI but recently I've been looking at the AT's just to have a solid, classic 308. The AXSA and AXSR models are pretty ridiculously priced. How much was the AXMC when it came out like $7500?
I paid $7,800 for my LH AXMC in 338 LM.

I waited for a while for the ability to shoot 308 out of it. The bolt body wasn't released for a long while and the magazine adapter sleeve was never released. I had to wait for the AXSR magazine to be released before I had a solution for the 308. I would say it was 18 months before I could shoot a SA cartridge through it. Mind you I can only shoot Hornady 6.5 CM through it because of the LFP. Every other 6.5 CM cartridge craters the primer. They have never offered an LH SFP bolt body or firing pin assembly as they do for RH shooters. I have had a 300 WM bolt body on order for 14 months. Do you think I will ever see it?

I have moved on. I bought a TacOps. I will shoot 6.5 CM out of my AT which has a SFP and I will use the AXMC only for 308 and 338 LM

I paid $7,800 for my LH AXMC in 338 LM.

I waited for a while for the ability to shoot 308 out of it. The bolt body wasn't released for a long while and the magazine adapter sleeve was never released. I had to wait for the AXSR magazine to be released before I had a solution for the 308. I would say it was 18 months before I could shoot a SA cartridge through it. Mind you I can only shoot Hornady 6.5 CM through it because of the LFP. Every other 6.5 CM cartridge craters the primer. They have never offered an LH SFP bolt body or firing pin assembly as they do for RH shooters. I have had a 300 WM bolt body on order for 14 months. Do you think I will ever see it?

I have moved on. I bought a TacOps. I will shoot 6.5 CM out of my AT which has a SFP and I will use the AXMC only for 308 and 338 LM
It's hard for me to justify any model besides an AT. I can build a custom with whatever parts I want for a lot less. An AXMC would be a fantastic rifle to have in 300 norma.

It's hard for me to justify any model besides an AT. I can build a custom with whatever parts I want for a lot less. An AXMC would be a fantastic rifle to have in 300 norma.
I like 338 LM but same bolt body...maybe someday.

I bought the AXMC to complement the AT because it could fire everything. Little did I know that it could fire everything only if you are RH. I would have never bought it if I knew that I could not buy the accessories necessary to really make it a multi-caliber platform

Last edited:

I bought the AXMC to replace the AT because it could fire everything. Little did I know that it could fire everything only if you are RH. I would have never bought it if I knew that I could not buy the accessories necessary to really make it a multi-caliber platform
past the time to do it and I'm not really one for lawsuits BUT it almost sounds like a suit would get some traction. Company advertises and releases half the parts but not the other half to do as advertised....idk...hungry enough lawyer and you would probably have at least gotten your money back. That is some BS.

For the cost the new multical AIs are going for you could literally build 2 dedicated rifles. Only thing extra you would be out is a 2nd scope.

I bought the AXMC to replace the AT because it could fire everything. Little did I know that it could fire everything only if you are RH. I would have never bought it if I knew that I could not buy the accessories necessary to really make it a multi-caliber platform
They definitely dropped the ball on that. I could see getting the AXMC at the price you did. Now when a folder AT is $5200 and the AXSR is 11k...hard pill to swallow. Frankly I think the AXMC is a bit better looking than the AXSR as well.

Reactions: Chargerguy
The new AT-XC with it's cut down action and blast discs, are a nice subtle update.
The new 'enlarged' bolt knob is even bigger?

Having been running an AT-X since the pre-production model came out, I have a list of feedback for AI if they are interested. There are still some gaps in the market that keep people away from crossing over to these rifles from custom builds.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOtherAndrew
past the time to do it and I'm not really one for lawsuits BUT it almost sounds like a suit would get some traction. Company advertises and releases half the parts but not the other half to do as advertised....idk...hungry enough lawyer and you would probably have at least gotten your money back. That is some BS.

For the cost the new multical AIs are going for you could literally build 2 dedicated rifles. Only thing extra you would be out is a 2nd scope.
Nah...Suing them would do nothing other than waste my money. They are overseas and protected.

I love both of my AI rifles even though I can't use one of them to its fullest potential. I view it as being uncharacteristically sloppy on my part. I won't buy another AI and would never advocate an LH person buying one.

They definitely dropped the ball on that. I could see getting the AXMC at the price you did. Now when a folder AT is $5200 and the AXSR is 11k...hard pill to swallow. Frankly I think the AXMC is a bit better looking than the AXSR as well.
Not a fan of the AXSR. It wouldn't be $11K for LH shooters.

To make it foolproof and avoid the problems I have had, you would need to buy all of the bolt bodies and a spare FP assembly now since long-term support for parts is highly unlikely. Why would that change? When you factor in the spare parts and caliber conversions, it would be a $13-14K purchase.

You would have to be an idiot to buy one if LH. If you're right-handed, go for it.

Last edited:
Barret MRAD is fugly as hell but last time I was at the range I saw 5 of them and they were impressive
mrad would be my current pick for a multical platform if I was to ever get one. I fondled one quite a few years back and it was honestly pretty nice. With MIL contracts here in the states I think parts availability would be a lot better than AI. If only AI used their tried and true trigger instead of their POS comp trigger.

If the ae,aw and at pricing are any indication of what's to come..... Aw's reg go for 10k

• Haha
mrad would be my current pick for a multical platform if I was to ever get one. I fondled one quite a few years back and it was honestly pretty nice. With MIL contracts here in the states I think parts availability would be a lot better than AI. If only AI used their tried and true trigger instead of their POS comp trigger.
Comp trigger sucks elephant dick IMHO. The original OEM trigger is one of the best ever made by any company.

I would consider a Barrett but they don't offer a LH model

Reactions: FUNCTIONAL
BB8C18DC-0EB7-46BA-A1E7-A1BFE5337515.jpeg

Shot a sneaky 49/50 over 6 windy stages at our club match on the weekend with the AT-X in 6GT.
Shot these 10 over the chrono at the end of the day. 220 rounds only on this barrel with virgin Alpha brass at 2857fps (SD 5).

GT runs much better than the 6BR for feeding. No mag spacers needed with GT, huge boost in reliability and confidence.

There is a similar aw on gb for 13.5 sooooo just saying
No. I can’t sell the AT. Ain’t even gonna look lol

The big question, in all seriousness is, are we fooked with spare parts to keep the gun up? Are they still gonna be able to fix them if something breaks if discontinued?

Reactions: DKN83

The big question, in all seriousness is, are we fooked with spare parts to keep the gun up? Are they still gonna be able to fix them if something breaks if discontinued?
Triggers are in the atx and the receiver/bolt are the same. Aside from chassis parts I can't see what isn't going to continue in production. Still might wait 9+ months but you'll get it 😅

I dunno bout y'all but I try to keep 3 of everything....mhsa acting all weird when I want just a firing pin and shit lol