• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Made the jump. I've been using a DT SRS 6.5 CM, and it shoots great; very accurate. My most recent trip to Rifles Only made it clear though that at least for me, there were limitations.

AXMC 22" 6.5 CM, S&B, TBAC Ultra 7, Atlas. Thanks to Mike at Mile High Shooting.

Attachments

• photo51688.jpg
    photo51688.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 742
  • photo51689.jpg
    photo51689.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 682
  • photo51690.jpg
    photo51690.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 578

The collection is growing, Top down my most recent a Remington 40X .22 LR . My training gun. Black one is AXMC in 6.5, a true AI. And last is a Surgeon

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1364.photobucket.com\/albums\/r740\/Karlslovenski\/Mobile%20Uploads\/2017-03\/70B3228B-0824-449D-B1D1-9A3C93A9AEF1_zps1lohtpln.jpg"}[/IMG2]
The collection is growing, Top down my most recent a Remington 40X .22 LR . My training gun. Black one is AXMC in 6.5, a true AI. And last is a Surgeon

I like the look of the Ultra Short on the Surgeon.

What is your night optic?

Very nice set.

Dunn, the night optic is one of the Refurbished Knights PVS 30 that were / are for sale. Very happy with mine. And thanks I think the Ultra short is very fitting, function and looks!

Does anyone have a picture of an AIAT with 5-20x50 S&B Ultra Short mounted they'd care to share??

Last edited:
Heres some more of my sage green AX. Have a 6mm Hawkhill I'm going to spin up in 6creed and putting a nice Griffin RSTA in jail in the next week or so for it! Shoots FGMM175, Blackhills 175 and Hornady 155Amax factory loads into 1/4" groups at 100 consistently....I've got my work cut out for me to keep up with her! I'm used to 2lb single stage triggers but this heavy 2 stage has been cake to get adjusted to. My father shot it (second pic)...he liked it so much but even the "parent price" scared him away haha.

Just got a 500ct of Nosler RDF 175gr and a boat load of 4064 for her to eat. Cant wait to see what handloads are capable of in her.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i157.photobucket.com\/albums\/t80\/vmalvarosa\/IMG_20170322_223439_905_zpshdxqevff.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i157.photobucket.com\/albums\/t80\/vmalvarosa\/IMG_20170326_223807_533_zpszhgtjgxc.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Have had my AI/AT for only a few months and simply LOVE it.Just noted the AX rail is much longer. I learned that the short rail on the AI/AT allows for much lower rings to be used when mounting a scope compared to my earlier experience mounting a large objective scope on my 1st generation RPR. I am very interested in more experienced users of this type of rifle whether this is of any practical importance. I am biased by my always liking to have my scopes on hunting rifles mounted as low as practical, seems to work better for me and I think there is consensus with regard to hunting rifles at least lower scope mounting is better.
Thanks for your input/advice,
An elderly newbie:)

The Picatinny rail can be removed from the AX tube (at least on my 2013 AX308) if I wanted to drop the scope another 1/4" but provided the rig is held level the height of the scope above the bore is a non-issue.
The comb on my AX is set one click above bottomed out on the stock so dropping the scope wouldn't work for me regardless.

Took the lefty AX out for the first time today, and it shot awesome! I only got the chance to shoot the 6.5x47L barrel, but I put 100 "break-in" rounds through it so it hopefully won't be speeding up during my load development.

I have to give a shout out to EuroOptic for the rifle, and LRI for making me a 6.5x47L barrel that is perfectly headspaced and cerakoted to match AI's proprietary sage green. Also, check out the Armageddon Gear M2010 case if you like soft cases but are looking for a way to carry a second AI barrel. They added some extra Molle loops for me so I could carry the lefty rifle with the scope up, and to fit the spare barrel.

Attachments

• photo54009.jpg
    photo54009.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 468
  • photo54010.jpg
    photo54010.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 513
  • photo54011.jpg
    photo54011.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 463
Reactions: Mj30wilson900
Took the lefty AX out for the first time today, and it shot awesome! I only got the chance to shoot the 6.5x47L barrel, but I put 100 "break-in" rounds through it so it hopefully won't be speeding up during my load development.

I have to give a shout out to EuroOptic for the rifle, and LRI for making me a 6.5x47L barrel that is perfectly headspaced and cerakoted to match AI's proprietary sage green. Also, check out the Armageddon Gear M2010 case if you like soft cases but are looking for a way to carry a second AI barrel. They added some extra Molle loops for me so I could carry the lefty rifle with the scope up, and to fit the spare barrel.

Looks nice, i have the m2010 case as well. My case didn't come with the folding rifle cover inside though.

Looks nice, i have the m2010 case as well. My case didn't come with the folding rifle cover inside though.

Really? Does your case have the Velcro on the inside center edge (where the case hinges open)? If so, you should give them a call and see what they can do. The padded divider simply attaches with a Velcro strip. Maybe they'll send you one. It seems like a necessary feature if you keep anything in the accessory pockets to keep it from banging around and scratching the rifle.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
Really? Does your case have the Velcro on the inside center edge (where the case hinges open)? If so, you should give them a call and see what they can do. The padded divider simply attaches with a Velcro strip. Maybe they'll send you one. It seems like a necessary feature if you keep anything in the accessory pockets to keep it from banging around and scratching the rifle.

yeah i didn't get one unless it's tucked away in the case somewhere. I'll have to give them a call.

Newly acquired Accuracy International 14 AT .308 Folding stock, 20" Threaded barrel, custom Kryptek Camo finish.

Came with Spigot, and I added Bi-Pod.

24 rounds fired by previous owner. (Super Cool Guy, and an excellent and smooth deal)

Now I need to save up for some Optics, and the new PSR stock kit :cool:

14 AI AT.jpg14 AI AT-5 .jpg14 AI AT-2 .jpg14 AI AT-3 .jpg14 AI AT-4 .jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MPDS13
I have wanted one for a long time and finally made up my mind to go for it. Went with the 20" .308 for compactness and use with the suppressor. I have a 24" AI 6.5 CM barrel inbound from Eurooptic this week so we will see how she does with that. So far, can't complain about the accuracy. Spuhr mount will be here on Friday. The 1" Badger rings are just too low on the AT. Will also get the spigot replacement when Sam's next run goes through. Load development with 185gr Berger Juggernauts and IMR 4064 and Varget as well as 175gr SMK with IMR4064 and Varget will occur tomorrow.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i124.photobucket.com\/albums\/p27\/tpe187\/IMG_0173_zpsadt04ltv.jpg"}[/IMG2]
​​​​​​[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i124.photobucket.com\/albums\/p27\/tpe187\/IMG_0148_zpsgvwruch3.jpg"}[/IMG2]
​​​​​​[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i124.photobucket.com\/albums\/p27\/tpe187\/IMG_0151_zpsyyrqsxdv.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
TPE187, what's your brake/suppressor combo? Looks like an ASR and an Omega. How's it working for you? Love your AT. I think that's my future rifle.

Picked it up today. Jordan at Mile High is a rock star....

2nhnwbb.jpg

2qsnmnr.jpg

2cdem14.jpg

Will post targets asap, will chamber a 6.5CM barrel soon....

MB

Reactions: charles63
Thanks. The 4-16 ATACR is likely my favorite scope (I run mostly NF these days). The mount is the SP-4006, haven't seen better mounts than SPUHR.

MB

AIAT with RRS plate, Vortex Razor Gen 2 and a TBAC Ultra 9. First pic is with an AX308 Bartlein barrel I bought used that was cut to 16", nice to be able to pick up some FGMM and not have to reload. Second pic is an OTM Gradous 6.5x47L barrel, standard 26" 1-8 twist. First time using the RRS TVC-33 and TA-3 today, blew my mind how stable it was. Sitting it was almost as stable as prone with bipod and rear bag. Today was the first time I've ever used a tripod, and even standing with no bags for my firing elbow or sling to help stabilize, I could easily keep the reticle at 10 power within a 6" diameter plate at 200 yards.
a1k8rp.jpg

210buqo.jpg

Anybody ever wish for a single stage trigger in their AI?
The AI trigger is great for a 2 stage battle hardened trigger, but sometimes I would prefer a single stage.

Anybody ever wish for a single stage trigger in their AI?
The AI trigger is great for a 2 stage battle hardened trigger, but sometimes I would prefer a single stage.

Personally, no, I much prefer 2-stage triggers in my AI and all my other rifles. I find that it lets me pull the first stage and either break the shot immediately or to pause and focus on my breathing or timing the reticle.

The only thing the AI trigger gives up IMO is the pull weight is heavier than ideal for easy free-recoiling on barricades. That's not to say it can't be done, but it takes more practice to not pull the reticle off target during the trigger pull.

I am of the mindset that the factory trigger is what it is, and shouldn't be adjusted outside of AI's recommended pull weight (~3 lbs), and definitely shouldn't be adjusted to imitate a single stage pull. Others will disagree and adjust their triggers as they see fit, but since I like to shoot matches the safety of my rifle is important to me, and I don't want something to happen where there's even a slight possibility of the gun failing the "drop test" and going off.

Personally, no, I much prefer 2-stage triggers in my AI and all my other rifles. I find that it lets me pull the first stage and either break the shot immediately or to pause and focus on my breathing or timing the reticle.

The only thing the AI trigger gives up IMO is the pull weight is heavier than ideal for easy free-recoiling on barricades. That's not to say it can't be done, but it takes more practice to not pull the reticle off target during the trigger pull.

I am of the mindset that the factory trigger is what it is, and shouldn't be adjusted outside of AI's recommended pull weight (~3 lbs), and definitely shouldn't be adjusted to imitate a single stage pull. Others will disagree and adjust their triggers as they see fit, but since I like to shoot matches the safety of my rifle is important to me, and I don't want something to happen where there's even a slight possibility of the gun failing the "drop test" and going off.

What he said....^

I think the AI is hands down the best feeling trigger in it's weight range. I absolutely love them.

Sam said it pretty good. Safety is #1 so I won't be adjusting the trigger past what AI recommends. I also agree with the two stage part. I find it easy to squeeze through the first stage right away, then pause till I'm ready to break the shot. Holding the first stage kinda helps me keep in mind where the trigger pull is at.

AT with mil-r beast and 26" Bartlein 1-8 6.5 creedmoor.

Attachments

• photo56098.jpg
    photo56098.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 315
  • photo56099.jpg
    photo56099.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 325
  • photo56104.jpg
    photo56104.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 272
Just messing around tonight, a nice original scope from an L96 mounted on its grandson.

Attachments

• photo56314.jpg
    photo56314.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 188
Sam said it pretty good. Safety is #1 so I won't be adjusting the trigger past what AI recommends. I also agree with the two stage part. I find it easy to squeeze through the first stage right away, then pause till I'm ready to break the shot. Holding the first stage kinda helps me keep in mind where the trigger pull is at.

This is secondhand info, from a friend that talked to an AI team shooter. Some of the shooters on the team eliminate the first stage in their triggers and set the 2nd stage at 1.5 pounds. I don't imagine they'd be doing it if it were "unsafe". I doubt it's less safe than any other high end single stage trigger set at the same pull weight.

Problem I have with the 2 stage is I'd like to be able to lower the first stage weight without changing the 2nd stage. More than once I pulled right through the first and second stage in a match because the 2nd is only about a pound heavier than the first. I don't have that problem with a single stage set light (2 pounds) or a 2 stage with a 2 pound difference between the two stages (Geissele).

This is secondhand info, from a friend that talked to an AI team shooter. Some of the shooters on the team eliminate the first stage in their triggers and set the 2nd stage at 1.5 pounds. I don't imagine they'd be doing it if it were "unsafe". I doubt it's less safe than any other high end single stage trigger set at the same pull weight.

Problem I have with the 2 stage is I'd like to be able to lower the first stage weight without changing the 2nd stage. More than once I pulled right through the first and second stage in a match because the 2nd is only about a pound heavier than the first. I don't have that problem with a single stage set light (2 pounds) or a 2 stage with a 2 pound difference between the two stages (Geissele).

All you can hope is that it is safe. Some say when they adjust it that way the rifle is no longer "drop test" safe. Others say it's ok. So maybe it is dependent on each trigger or exactly how it is adjusted. Maybe I'm playing it safe by adhering to the AI manual (rules ARE made to be broken haha), but it instances with potential negligence I'd rather be safe than sorry. Obviously I abide by the four rules of firearm safety, but in the PRS game we shoot off of wacky obstacles and who knows what the hell could happen with the bolt closed on a live round.

Accuracy International Arctic Warfare .338 Lapua Magnum, with 30" Barlein Barrel with fat bastard brake, Nightforce 7-35 ATACR scope, Atlas 5-H bipod

HotVPpU.jpg?1.jpg

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
SFP AI AX with my 6.5X47 barrel.

Attachments

• photo57013.jpg
    photo57013.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 187
Here is my AIAX with an 18" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel. By far this is the most amazing rifle I have ever owned - I don't know why I messed around wasting money on custom rifles before.

prs2017.JPG

Frontline defense? Log and railroad tie setup looks identical lol.

agreed though...going AI has been one of the best moves ive made in rifles. Was a little worried about the 2 stage trigger having loved my timney CEs but i couldnt imagine any other trigger feeling right on that gun.

Frontline defense? Log and railroad tie setup looks identical lol.

agreed though...going AI has been one of the best moves ive made in rifles. Was a little worried about the 2 stage trigger having loved my timney CEs but i couldnt imagine any other trigger feeling right on that gun.

Yup - FLD.

I too was worried about the two stage trigger...I like it so much that I changed all my other triggers out to the CE 2-stage.

Well, after 4 months of ownership, finally got my optic sorted and barrel chopped.
here she is in all her glory, AX308, 18" barrel with Lantac Dragon brake, Vortex 4.5-27 mounted in Seekins rings. bipod is from UK (but I believe there is a US reseller- all probably made in China)

Attachments

• photo57436.jpg
    photo57436.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 278
My AIAT in 6.5 with a 24" WIN Tactical barrel and Thunderbeast Ultra 7 .30. I have a 20" factory 308 barrel for it as well. I've had it for 8 months now and absolutely love it! I wasn't sure about all the hype until I got my own.

Who says they don't balance well! [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1063.photobucket.com\/albums\/t514\/RideTheLightning11\/IMAG0840.jpg"}[/IMG2]

The AT and its little sis, the Tikka in 223 with a 22" benchmark barrel and specwar 556. I don't miss the snow! [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1063.photobucket.com\/albums\/t514\/RideTheLightning11\/IMAG0770.jpg"}[/IMG2]

The farthest I've had it out to is 825 yards. I was shooting the 12" gong hanging on the left hand side under the "3" [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1063.photobucket.com\/albums\/t514\/RideTheLightning11\/IMAG0747.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
AT with factory .308 barrel, loaner S&B PMII 5x26 scope. First time I've been able to shoot my baby since I got it. Ringing 1/2 size IPSC target steel at 630 yds with no problem, even in the wind.

Attachments

• photo57511.jpg
    photo57511.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 178
I picked up a used AT in 6.5x47L that should be here On Monday. Anyone out there have a creed-moor barrel or something other than 308 they'd like to trade for? Will include reloading dies. Previous owner said it has 200 rounds through it