• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

E7B5D9ED-47C6-4A6F-9C47-5960CE2D351E.jpeg

My dealer assures me Mags/barrels in Elite sand are available from manufacture, I'll find out a month or so when the rifle I ordered arrives.

Hi all,
Save a seat at the AI fanboy table for me, I have ordered my, apparently tacticool, all black AT. Now if only I was as cool as the rifle?

I'd very much appreciate being pointed to where I can order Dark Earth SA 10-Round Mags.
Likewise. And I’d like to trade someone my PB AX mag for a black or DE one, because the off shade bothers me so much.

Went through this process just a week ago. . . ultimately decided on Dark Earth. Only downside is that you can't purchase any accessories (mags/barrels, specifically) in Dark Earth. I'm pretty sure that this is the case with the sage and for sure is the case with Elite colors as well.

I thought about the elite, but decided against it for two reasons: 1) It required a wait. 2) It sort of looks like it can't decide what color it is. This is completely subjective, of course. I wasn't "in love" with Dark Earth, but I have no regrets about picking it, except for the lack of color-matched accessories.

This is mine below (sorry for the poor lighting). The S&B is NOT a color match, btw.

Edit to Add: The scope rings are this: Nightforce Ring Set - 1.375 X-High - 34mm - Ultralite, 6 Bolt, Black, 1.375 A214
NF-RR-RNGST-A214

They get as close to the top rail as you can get, basically (the photo makes it look like there is more room than there actually is). In choosing rings vs/ unimount (i.e. Spuhr), one thing that isn't often mentioned is what you might want to do with the other "rail estate" (TM). I run two levels (one on the scope and one on the rail, and a badger cosine indicator (not shown). I'm glad I went with rings. YMMV.

View attachment 6874683

Rockne and others -
So glad to see the follow up on this!
I had made the vote for the Dark Earth as well, all my other bolt guns being black. But that color looks decidedly less "butterscotch" than the Dark Earth photos I've seen. I'm still not 100% settled with the choice of Dark Earth over the traditional black, esp so when my scope mounts, scope and other bits (bipod) are going to be black.

Here's what I had speced out so far, would love to hear thoughts on feedback on these choices, BEFORE I send the order in.

- AI AXMC .338 Lapua, 27" barrel, in Dark Earth (or Black)
- Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 F1 with the Mil-C reticle, but also considering Tremor 3 reticle as well
- Spuhr Mount, 1.5" with no MOA inclination

Questions:
1) Color, any advantage one over another, seems the mags and barrels are primary concern. I'm a little less than thrilled on the black mount and optic on the brown gun. Why is brown the rage now?

2) Nightforce Optic, I've running NF on all my other bolt guns, so like that, but talk to me about that Mil-C vs Tremor 3 reticle?

3) Spuhr Mount vs rings, I've been running the NightForce Ultralight rings on all my .308 bolt guns (pictured here), is there really a difference with the Spuhr? Or how about the ERA-Tac, that mount has been tossed up for discussion as well.

4) Looks like Mile High and Eurooptic are two choices, both quotes the same, pros/cons with either? I'm currently on the east coast.

Thanks all, appreciate your feedback and wise words.
IMG_1085.jpg

Last edited:
For the AT, Black is where it's at! Congratulations.

So, we can order the mags straight from AI? My guess is that Eurooptic and Mile HIgh wouldn't be too keen on that . . . but I may suppose too much. I'd very much appreciate being pointed to where I can order Dark Earth SA 10-Round Mags.

I am a Canadian, our AI dealer is Wolverine Supplies, maybe they can give you some directions.

Rockne and others -
So glad to see the follow up on this!
I had made the vote for the Dark Earth as well, all my other bolt guns being black. But that color looks decidedly less "butterscotch" than the Dark Earth photos I've seen. I'm still not 100% settled with the choice of Dark Earth over the traditional black, esp so when my scope mounts, scope and other bits (bipod) are going to be black.

Here's what I had speced out so far, would love to hear thoughts on feedback on these choices, BEFORE I send the order in.

- AI AXMC .338 Lapua, 27" barrel, in Dark Earth (or Black)
- Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56 F1 with the Mil-C reticle, but also considering Tremor 3 reticle as well
- Spuhr Mount, 1.5" with no MOA inclination

Questions:
1) Color, any advantage one over another, seems the mags and barrels are primary concern. I'm a little less than thrilled on the black mount and optic on the brown gun. Why is brown the rage now?

2) Nightforce Optic, I've running NF on all my other bolt guns, so like that, but talk to me about that Mil-C vs Tremor 3 reticle?

3) Spuhr Mount vs rings, I've been running the NightForce Ultralight rings on all my .308 bolt guns (pictured here), is there really a difference with the Spuhr? Or how about the ERA-Tac, that mount has been tossed up for discussion as well.

4) Looks like Mile High and Eurooptic are two choices, both quotes the same, pros/cons with either? I'm currently on the east coast.

Thanks all, appreciate your feedback and wise words.View attachment 6875064
I am using the Era-Tac adjustable mount on a few rifles and am very happy with the build quality. I haven't tried a Spuhr yet, but a 20MOA mount is on my list for my next rifle. I don't know how far you plan to stretch that 338 out, but the 5-25 has 20MOA more adjustment than the 7-35. That rifle has a 30 MOA rail and I personally would run an additional 30 with the era-tac adjustable mount and should be good a little past 2000 meters with a 100 meter zero. Euro Optic is top notch, I would give them a call.

If you’ve called and gotten the same price from either place, then EuroOptic is in PA which makes east coast delivery fast. I had my AX in hand the next day after payment as it shipped the same afternoon I paid.

I don't know how far you plan to stretch that 338 out, but the 5-25 has 20MOA more adjustment than the 7-35. That rifle has a 30 MOA rail and I personally would run an additional 30 with the era-tac adjustable mount and should be good a little past 2000 meters with a 100 meter zero.

The 7-35 has about 120 moa in reality. The NF spec sheet really understates the value. I have had two 7-35 and both have about 120 moa. I currently have one on my AXMC with a 0 moa mount and 28 mils of elevation.

OP the 7-35 is my favorite optic. I think it would do excellent for you.

Reactions: Monk Medic
Hey can anyone tell me what the minimum length of pull is for the AIAT. Wild thoughts about buying one over a Mausingfield/PVA/KRG Bravo.

Need a 12.5/13” LOP at minimum to fit my body. I can get used to a heavy rifle, and possibly one thats made in England, but can’t make myself fit a 13.5”+ LOP.

Carlm338, so does your 6.5 prc feed 100 percent in the AXMC? I know myself and others have wondered about this. It would be nice to hear first hand experience with it.

Carlm338, so does your 6.5 prc feed 100 percent in the AXMC? I know myself and others have wondered about this. It would be nice to hear first hand experience with it.
With the magnum mag and 10 rounds, it will feed and extract as fast as you can work the bolt.

Hey can anyone tell me what the minimum length of pull is for the AIAT. Wild thoughts about buying one over a Mausingfield/PVA/KRG Bravo.

Need a 12.5/13” LOP at minimum to fit my body. I can get used to a heavy rifle, and possibly one thats made in England, but can’t make myself fit a 13.5”+ LOP.

PB mine is stock and the length of pull is 13.5" and it's adjustable by adding or removing spacers so I'm sure you can get where you need to be. Now, no excuse not to buy one! ;)

Reactions: PBWalsh
Yes, I've seen this condition before, you should contact your dealer to see what they can do for you. It's a bad copy and should be replaced.

So, spoke to the retailer who was supposed to call me back to discuss whether I should shoot it (brand new and never been shot) or wait for it to be fixed. They didn't call me back, so I'm going to send back the rifle.

Here's what I've learned about manufacturing: if one thing is off, there's an overwhelming likelihood that something else is off. I'm not willing to chance that with a $7,000 rifle.

Consider me extremely disappointed with Accuracy International. So much for being the best....or even adequate.

I see the mis-match in the rails you identified in the photo. I immediately checked my rifle (just received delivery a week ago), to compare. Mine does not have that condition.

I think you’re correct and the rifle should be returned for warranty repair or replacement. I would hope a direct replacement would be offered by the dealer.

Good luck on whatever you choose to do.

Consider me extremely disappointed with Accuracy International. So much for being the best....or even adequate.

That really sucks, I'm not familiar with your rifle but I think the rail is easily replaced with a few screws. Maybe you could swap them for a replacement.

@Badfinger

I appreciate it, now I just have to decide between the AT and a Mausingfield. Both are stupid reliable, accurate, and basically the same with a MHSA LE discount. I do worry at times about the reliability of a CG Extreme 700 trigger over the AI trigger.

Decisions suck!

Noticed same thing yesterday on a couple of accessory rails. Probably worth taking this out of the AI picture thread and to it's own discussion.

Last edited:
Unless you blueprint both the rail and the accessory that doesn't fit that rail and compare the dimensions to industry standard specifications, you can't say which product is out of spec. It's possible that the AI rail is within spec even though you've found one accessory that doesn't interface properly with it, regardless of whether that accessory fits on other manufacturer's rails.

I think you're right. . . . black optics on a brown gun is thumbs down. . . . tell you what: Send me all those NF scopes and the SSGs, and I'll send you my S&B :). In all seriousness, while my S&B is perfectly fine, NF would be my "go-to" for all long range optics at the moment (I don't play in the Hensoldt territory . . . I'm not that cool). As far as reticles go, the only thing I've gotten picky about is having a center dot. My current favorite reticle is the SKMR3 on the Kahles 6-24, and that's what got me hooked on the floating center dot. Shooting friends of mine hate the center dot, though.

I'll second my own vote for NF rings, too, but you may want to try out the Spuhr for a change. You wouldn't have a hard time finding a buyer for it if you decided it wasn't for you.

Back to the color - I bought a black 6.5 CM barrel for the Dark Earth. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but there's something about it that I like. Surprised myself on that one.

I can sense your excitement, and having recently gone through it, am excited for you. Keep us posted (and let me know if you need my address for those Scopes/Rifles :)).

Those SSGs would only find their way back home if I sent them off, they're pretty loyal.

I'm pretty set on the Dark Earth color at this point.

Your comment on the Spuhr mount prompts a question, did you buy the 0 MOA model, or the one with the inclination built in, 10 MOA I think?
I ask as I'm debating if I should get the 10 MOA model, just to be sure I can reach out past 1.5 miles in a ELR course.
Any other tips on the Spuhr? I like rings, but perhaps on AXMC rifle in .338 Lapua, it would be wise to have a more secure mount.

Excited? Yes, but also want to make sure that I truly buy once, cry once, and get the right kit.

Thanks,
Bruce

Those SSGs would only find their way back home if I sent them off, they're pretty loyal.

I'm pretty set on the Dark Earth color at this point.

Your comment on the Spuhr mount prompts a question, did you buy the 0 MOA model, or the one with the inclination built in, 10 MOA I think?
I ask as I'm debating if I should get the 10 MOA model, just to be sure I can reach out past 1.5 miles in a ELR course.
Any other tips on the Spuhr? I like rings, but perhaps on AXMC rifle in .338 Lapua, it would be wise to have a more secure mount.

Excited? Yes, but also want to make sure that I truly buy once, cry once, and get the right kit.

Thanks,
Bruce

I would go for the one piece Spuhr with 10 moa built in. I run 40 moa on my AXMC.

Reactions: Monk Medic
my bobro dual lever mount recoil lug broke off on my 308 and did some damage to my scope base.

they refund my mount. it was on 308 heavy bench rifle.

if i'm you, i would stop using it.

i've been using ERA-TAC adjustable. No complaints yet

Reactions: Badfinger
my DE axmc was mistaken as "Nice Ruger", "Nice Cadex Chassis"... over the past 2 months by random local range people

Reactions: deersniper
Thanks. . . FedEx is now refusing to ship firearms (rifles, at least), by the way. I learned this after spending an hour at the FedEx office (from which I've shipped about 6 rifles before) going through what their policies used to be, explaining that AI is an FFL/SOT, manufacturer/supplier of firearms to our military, etc. So, Accuracy International is having to come up with a different way to get the rifle sent back.
Cheese and crackers. It sounds like you were met with some lame paper shuffler at Fed-X. While this is turning into one major headache, is it worth trying a different Fed-X location? I've also used Fed-X before to ship a rifle out to be inletted for bottom metal and it came back by US postal service.

Last edited:
I would go for the one piece Spuhr with 10 moa built in. I run 40 moa on my AXMC.
I also run 40MOA. AXMC-SA has the 20MOA rail, then i added the Spuhr QD with 20MOA. barely fits my Razor HD with lens cap.

For contract carriers, they typically require you ship firearms at the depot. Never had an issue using a prepaid label from the manufacturer, but I also never told them what they were shipping.

My AI AT with 308 and 6.5x47 barrels, S&B 3-20, Spuhr mount, Atlas bipod, SAP 2 round holder.

UK factory .308 barrel cut down to 16 inches

PDjlags.jpg

Nice Rig!!!
What model Spuhr are you using?

dang that sucks with fedex. With the prepaid labels I typically just drop them off too. I do know one time with UPS they did tell me I had to go to a main hub which wasn't too far luckily. I did just drop my AI off at a FedEx 2 weeks ago because the bolt was out of spec and they didn't say anything but I guess neither did I.

Question for you guys doing barrel changes in the field. Are you using a torque wrench (if so what are you hauling with you) or are you just using the allen wrench under the cheek piece?