• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

And lets not forget keeping track of all of your zeros and dopes for all of the different calibers on the same optic.

The long action/AXMC weighs more and it will never feel as smooth in SA converted mode as the standard AX SA. I also shoot mostly SA calibers so I couldn't justify the added drawbacks and price for the sake of the occasional 300 or 338 outing.
I disagree on the part if this statement about it not being as smooth as the SA. I happen to have both and the AXMC long action with the conversion kit is actually smoother than my SA AX....

I went for the AXMC and ordered it with the .308 barrel with the intention to grow into the magnum calibres over time. It was a tough decision to justify the extra money over the SA but the deciding factor for me is that I have a 2 mile range recently opened within 85 miles of home. I also wanted to buy just one rifle and scope.

My rifle hasn't arrived yet, the other downside of the AXMC with a .308 barrel is that it's a factory order so it can take up to 22 weeks from putting a deposit down to delivery.

Anyway its arriving next Friday so will let you know what I think :)

I went for the AXMC and ordered it with the .308 barrel with the intention to grow into the magnum calibres over time. It was a tough decision to justify the extra money over the SA but the deciding factor for me is that I have a 2 mile range recently opened within 85 miles of home. I also wanted to buy just one rifle and scope.

My rifle hasn't arrived yet, the other downside of the AXMC with a .308 barrel is that it's a factory order so it can take up to 22 weeks from putting a deposit down to delivery.

Anyway its arriving next Friday so will let you know what I think :)

Have you ordered an long-Action System?
You can not Update an AXMC in 308win to 300WM or 338LM. Only a downsize from a Magnum caliber to 308Win is possible.

Have you ordered an long-Action System?
You can not Update an AXMC in 308win to 300WM or 338LM. Only a downsize from a Magnum caliber to 308Win is possible.

Yes its a long action rifle but it will be supplied with the .308 conversion kit, instead of the .338 barrel when I receive it. I will still be able to upgrade it to .300 or .338 by buying the conversion kits when I'm ready.

While not a full AI, I have dipped my toe into the AI game. BA needs paint removed, skins need to be repainted or replaced, and a few more 10 round mags wouldn't hurt. Have had the BA for a while now, got the chassis for a steal.

It supposedly came off a custom build done for a Marine Sniper that was later in life a Corpus Christi Swat sniper. Still researching that aspect, will let yall know. It came with a barreled action in VERY poor shape. The barrel is pitted beyond saving, but the E prefix action should be good with some TLC. I think I'm smelling an m40a5 build in its future....
20181025_180310.jpg
20181025_180114.jpg

While not a full AI, I have dipped my toe into the AI game. BA needs paint removed, skins need to be repainted or replaced, and a few more 10 round mags wouldn't hurt. Have had the BA for a while now, got the chassis for a steal.

It supposedly came off a custom build done for a Marine Sniper that was later in life a Corpus Christi Swat sniper. Still researching that aspect, will let yall know. It came with a barreled action in VERY poor shape. The barrel is pitted beyond saving, but the E prefix action should be good with some TLC. I think I'm smelling an m40a5 build in its future....View attachment 6961100View attachment 6961101
I got the same set up, my rifle was put together back in 1999. Awesome shooter. The 1.0 stock are rare as hens teeth now, at least here in Oz.

Have fun shooting it.

Reactions: TanktheFrank
The long action/AXMC weighs more and it will never feel as smooth in SA converted mode as the standard AX SA. I also shoot mostly SA calibers so I couldn't justify the added drawbacks and price for the sake of the occasional 300 or 338 outing.

The AXMC only weighs about 8oz more for the chassis and that’s including the 3” longer forend. That’s pretty minimal considering it’s a magnum rifle with the ability to run 10 round double stack magnum mags.

With the SA adaptor it feeds just as smooth as a short action AX, if you got behind both of them you would not feel any difference. You don’t even notice the extra 1/2”ish of bolt over travel when you’re running it.

Bottom line, if you need/want magnum abilities it’s worth it even if you’ll be running SA most of the time. Yes the rifle and conversion will run you about $2K more + barrels but $2K is a hell of a lot cheaper than another rifle plus optics.

Guys,

I have a post 2014 AI AX with .308 and 6.5CM barrels. Its a fantastic shooter and Im loving the rifle. Im even contemplating getting another one soon, maybe my ADD is too much. I have taken it on a couple of hunts, would love to shoot some competitions, and love a lazy range day when I can get away.

With so many options, accessories and attachments, what would be the top 10 to add to your AI AX? I think this may help out guys like me and the guys contemplating on getting into the AI game. Your thoughts?

1. AI Competition Trigger
2. Sawtooth Arca rail
3. RRS forend plate
4. Hoptic quiver or SAP 2 round thingy
5. Suppressor
6. Barrels

Reactions: Nodakplowboy
Given it's an AI thread and it's already a controversial subject, I fully expect the crap I'll get for asking this question. Have any of you felt the need to do a barrel break-in procedure for an AI?

No, but they do outline one in the user manual
Yeah the manual says "If the user wishes to continue a barrel break-in..."

That kind of hints that it's not something they actually recommend, just something they had to put in the manual so people wouldn't call them every day asking about the recommended break-in procedure.

Reactions: trob_205
Has anybody done the stock swap on a pre 14 AX?

When I was talking to Mike at MHSA about his before buying my AT. He tole me he and Adam (a gunsmith at MHSA) talked about it and while possible, would be very cost prohibitive. I was waning to put thumbhole skins from a AT on a pre-14' AX.

Now a post-14' AX rear on a pre-14' AX should be just north of 1k. The part itself is 1k, plus whatever labor you're charged.

Shot my local WI club series finale last weekend, ended up taking 2nd in the finale and 4th on the season overall. It was a fun day, nice Fall weather in WI (37F, 10mph crosswind, whiteout snow). I've used the thumb rest all season and really come to like it, I think it gives me a really consistent hand position and is a little faster working the bolt than if my thumb was wrapped around the grip.

If anyone is interested, I still have thumb rests in stock, check out the Group Buy thread HERE.

WIPRSC_Finale_2018-10-20.jpg

Out of about 45 shooters, 6 of them had factory AIs - 1 AT, 1 AX, and 4 AXMCs! Unfortunately missed one of the AXMCs in this group shot...still cool though!
WIPRSC_Finale_2018-10-20_002.jpg

When I was talking to Mike at MHSA about his before buying my AT. He tole me he and Adam (a gunsmith at MHSA) talked about it and while possible, would be very cost prohibitive. I was waning to put thumbhole skins from a AT on a pre-14' AX.

Now a post-14' AX rear on a pre-14' AX should be just north of 1k. The part itself is 1k, plus whatever labor you're charged.

Well I bought the post 14 buttstock. For my pre 14 AX. Just wondering if anybody has done the work themselves.

6.5 Creedmoor

.300 Norma Mag barrel from Proof just showed up this week.

Awesome. I have the factory 27in 300NM barrel but waiting on Proof 300 Norma barrel to show up for some weight savings When did you order it? I'm about a month wait right now.

Haven't been able to use my new SA AX too much yet. tried to call in some coyotes tonight but couldn't get them interested.