• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Question for all of you seasoned AI owners. Which color wears better (dark earth or pale brown specifically) ? I know it’s entirely subjective.

This forum gets me in lots of trouble lol. I’m gonna try to track one down here locally and get hands on with one.

It looks like a 34mm Spuhr, newer generation with 5 bolt clamping plate. Don’t know what height.
I have a spuhr 4001. Just curious as to if it would work on an AT lol

I've gone down to a 4006 on my AT and AX, but it would depend more on the objective diameter. If you're going to run NV, you'll need 1.5".

Using my Covid19 free time to learn how to use my Fujifilm X-T3 for glamour shots.

546230F9-7D5B-4CDD-804A-FB7E1B957B8A-11724-00000515DE06583B (1).JPG

I got a question for my fellow Quickloc (post ‘14) AI owners. Have any of you worn out the 4mm head of the Quickloc screw? Mine is starting to feel a little sloppy. It might just be a worn out Allen. I presume I could send it to mile high to replace it if need be.

Reactions: deersniper
I got a question for my fellow Quickloc (post ‘14) AI owners. Have any of you worn out the 4mm head of the Quickloc screw? Mine is starting to feel a little sloppy. It might just be a worn out Allen. I presume I could send it to mile high to replace it if need be.

I bought my AX used in the PX; the washer was missing, and the allen was beat up like yours.

Mile High will send you one. The screw and washer are a whopping total of $0.44.

Sage green, though the elite sand would be the only other one that will shoot like that. Everyone knows they're the cream of the crop, even if they wont admit it because they have a PB one or a black one.
Color of the rifle makes a huge difference in accuracy ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Krob95
For the PRS or NRL competitors here, does the forend grip thingy get in the way when you try to shoot off barricades, through ports, tank traps, and so on? Seems like even with a bag like a GC or cookie it would still be awkward. I’m still deciding if I’m going to purchase a AXSA.

For the PRS or NRL competitors here, does the forend grip thingy get in the way when you try to shoot off barricades, through ports, tank traps, and so on? Seems like even with a bag like a GC or cookie it would still be awkward. I’m still deciding if I’m going to purchase a AXSA.
If I’m thinking of the correct part, the part that comes off and a RRS aux plate goes, then my answer is kinda. It doesn’t so much get in the way, but it’s tall. I had a hard time in some doghouses because the rifle and bag wouldn’t both fit.

Reactions: JB.IC
I use the RRS BAX15 (link). I have not had issues with my AX being too tall, there have been times I have had to turn the rifle sideways to get it to fit and once it is in I orientate it back to vertical. Stages that do have small portholes, there are usually enough positions to chose from to avoid having to use those.

I have tried with the RRS BAX15 and with that "hump" bare. For a while I thought I might need a gamer plate. In the end the RRS BAX15 w/ sand filled pint size gamechanger is the most stable I have found. The RRS BAX15 eliminates the need for a gamer plate in my
opinion.

AI's can hang with the best custom rifles. Any issues arise from the Indians poor wind calls or fundamentals, not the arrow.

I use the RRS BAX15 (link). I have not had issues with my AX being too tall, there have been times I have had to turn the rifle sideways to get it to fit and once it is in I orientate it back to vertical. Stages that do have small portholes, there are usually enough positions to chose from to avoid having to use those.

I have tried with the RRS BAX15 and with that "hump" bare. For a while I thought I might need a gamer plate. In the end the RRS BAX15 w/ sand filled pint size gamechanger is the most stable I have found. The RRS BAX15 eliminates the need for a gamer plate in my
opinion.

AI's can hang with the best custom rifles. Any issues arise from the Indians poor wind calls or fundamentals, not the arrow.

I can second @blbennett1288 use of the RRS Plate. It is a good size to provide a wide stable resting point for a bag without being overly bulky. I use this plate with a pint sized GC as well for barricades. My rifle balances well here with a 26" barrel + suppressor. I currently have a rem var, so I'm sure a heavier barrel will balance just as well without a can.

When a porthole shot presents itself, I usually just push up against the front of the RRS plate, with the handguard providing support (no bag).

Reactions: JB.IC
If you are running rings less than 1.5" on a low rail, yes.

Thanks, do you feel that it was a worthwhile upgrade over the thumbhole? I currently have the thumbhole with adjustable buttplate but it looks like I could get the buttpad a lot higher with the AX stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Thanks, do you feel that it was a worthwhile upgrade over the thumbhole? I currently have the thumbhole with adjustable buttplate but it looks like I could get the buttpad a lot higher with the AX stock.

I was worried it wasnt going to be worth it but I'm glad I did get it. You can sell your thumb hole folder and that will take the sting out of the AX folder price.

Reactions: 6brshooter