• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

20171202_155455.jpg
20170801_090252.jpg
420yds from barn loft, ftw.
20170801_091456.jpg

Got the wife and the kid on the AI today. The boy(10yr old) shoots it every chance he gets. But I can’t ever even get the wife to come to the range let alone shoot.

She ended up asking for mag after mag. Made me a very happy husband.

Attachments

• 1269C23F-A6C9-4E73-8CA0-0B30CD81AE9D.jpeg
    1269C23F-A6C9-4E73-8CA0-0B30CD81AE9D.jpeg
    754.2 KB · Views: 281
  • 66FFD391-329A-4286-8B2D-874A1952F03C.jpeg
    66FFD391-329A-4286-8B2D-874A1952F03C.jpeg
    640.7 KB · Views: 242
Gentlemen, I have to give a shout out to Mr. Stoner from Hoptic USA. I ordered a 2 round holder and when the holder was received it had the wrong hardware. No worries, so I sent an email to Mr. Stoner and he contact me the same day (within 1hr actually). He then sent new hardware, a prepaid return envelope, and some swag. In addition to what Mr. Stoner sent was an American flag for the AIAX in the battle flag section of his website store. I thought this was an awesome gesture and really does not cost him much at all, but still super cool none the less.
Now I am a lefty (Mr. Stoner wouldn't have known anyway) and it wouldn't work on my rifle. I would like to send it to whomever would like it so they can put it on their AIAX. PM me your address and Ill send it USPS to you on Monday. Just a way to pay it forward.

Gentlemen, I have to give a shout out to Mr. Stoner from Hoptic USA. I ordered a 2 round holder and when the holder was received it had the wrong hardware. No worries, so I sent an email to Mr. Stoner and he contact me the same day (within 1hr actually). He then sent new hardware, a prepaid return envelope, and some swag. In addition to what Mr. Stoner sent was an American flag for the AIAX in the battle flag section of his website store. I thought this was an awesome gesture and really does not cost him much at all, but still super cool none the less.
Now I am a lefty (Mr. Stoner wouldn't have known anyway) and it wouldn't work on my rifle. I would like to send it to whomever would like it so they can put it on their AIAX. PM me your address and Ill send it USPS to you on Monday. Just a way to pay it forward.

@Mr. F

The battle flags are a nice touch.
02FEF21E-D240-4178-927C-FA6F19F1CB42.jpeg

Hit the range with the wife again today.

Attachments

• F7C77712-0B04-41D2-9B5E-8E06D3FDA121.jpeg
    F7C77712-0B04-41D2-9B5E-8E06D3FDA121.jpeg
    429.3 KB · Views: 153
  • D7872FC2-FD12-4757-9A76-94B3E7585E56.jpeg
    D7872FC2-FD12-4757-9A76-94B3E7585E56.jpeg
    685.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 543F5A3A-E0BD-43E8-940C-98F04040E319.jpeg
    543F5A3A-E0BD-43E8-940C-98F04040E319.jpeg
    837.6 KB · Views: 158
  • C329C80B-675F-49F9-8B83-68148BB1B023.jpeg
    C329C80B-675F-49F9-8B83-68148BB1B023.jpeg
    655.2 KB · Views: 160
I’m looking to take the plunge into getting an AIAX.

For replacement barrels, should I be at all concerned about buying prefits for AI? Like the Win Tac, Proof, etc? Some people swear you should get smiths to perfectly match it to your action, but I don’t know enough to answer that.

Also, first world problems, but any thoughts on color? Trying to decide between Pale Brown and Dark Earth. I haven’t seen in person, just online. Pale Brown looks like a lighter tan, Dark Earth looks like a darker brown? With a black scope I don’t think it will matter, but what would match/coordinate better if I went with a Razor Gen II? My wife won’t like hearing I’m spending more time (and money) trying to coordinate the look of a rifle more that my actual wardrobe...

You won't be sorry. I've had my AX 308 about a year...worth every penny. I recently bought a 6.5 creedmoor pre fit from SPR and would recommend them without hesitation. Mine is pale brown with a gen 2 Razor.

Attachments

• IMG_20200402_152800.jpg
    IMG_20200402_152800.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 345
I believe the Elite Sand rifles have proven to be the most accurate examples of the AIAX. Plus, it works with both NF black and Vortex bronze. ?

Reactions: kujuak

For replacement barrels, should I be at all concerned about buying prefits for AI? Like the Win Tac, Proof, etc? Some people swear you should get smiths to perfectly match it to your action, but I don’t know enough to answer that.

Also, first world problems, but any thoughts on color? Trying to decide between Pale Brown and Dark Earth. I haven’t seen in person, just online. Pale Brown looks like a lighter tan, Dark Earth looks like a darker brown? With a black scope I don’t think it will matter, but what would match/coordinate better if I went with a Razor Gen II? My wife won’t like hearing I’m spending more time (and money) trying to coordinate the look of a rifle more that my actual wardrobe...
Don't worry about prefit barrels as long as it's from a reputable source. If you're doing standard calibers like 6.5 creed, Mile High and EuroOptic have the real specs and the real Cerakote colors to get you a "factory" barrel. Any other shop can turn a good AI barrel, I use Long Rifles Inc, personally.

As for color, where are you located geographically and will you hunt with it? I've never liked Pale Brown, I don't really care for the color but it makes no sense to me in the grass/woodlands of WI where I live. If you live in the desert it would make more sense. Dark Earth and Sage Green will blend in with more environments IMO, but I can't imagine why anyone would choose anything other than Sage Green. It's scientifically proven to be the best :cool:

Don't worry about prefit barrels as long as it's from a reputable source. If you're doing standard calibers like 6.5 creed, Mile High and EuroOptic have the real specs and the real Cerakote colors to get you a "factory" barrel. Any other shop can turn a good AI barrel, I use Long Rifles Inc, personally.

As for color, where are you located geographically and will you hunt with it? I've never liked Pale Brown, I don't really care for the color but it makes no sense to me in the grass/woodlands of WI where I live. If you live in the desert it would make more sense. Dark Earth and Sage Green will blend in with more environments IMO, but I can't imagine why anyone would choose anything other than Sage Green. It's scientifically proven to be the best :cool:
But sage green isnt ... "Elite." If it were, it would have in it's name like my elite sand does. (Said while looking down my nose.)

Pale Brown Master Race FTW.

IMG_3093-1207409.jpg

So, rustoleum satin nutmeg isn't available in Aus, fancy that. Anyone got a close colour match for spray paint for any of the other AI colours (besides black obviously)?

Reactions: reubenski
That's an interesting trigger shoe. And a very nice looking rifle ;-)

@MACHTECH If I may ask, what made you go for the Spuhr SP-4302 3MIL over the SP-4602 6MIL?
Thanks for the compliment! The straight trigger shoe is factory AI. It's made for the comp trigger, but works with the standard one as well. I had the 4302 left over from another setup, so I just used it on this rig so it would fit into the transit case. I had an ERA-TAC mount on it originally but that was too tall for the foam cutout.

Note also for transit case owners.... With a little trimming, you can fit a 338 Ultra under the stock area!
IMG_20200402_224624936.jpg

IMG_20200402_224540084.jpg

Last edited:
So, rustoleum satin nutmeg isn't available in Aus, fancy that. Anyone got a close colour match for spray paint for any of the other AI colours (besides black obviously)?

DuraCoat sell DIY aerosol kits in most firearm related colours. It'll hold up better than hardware store spay paint.

Reactions: Simia Dei
Very nice! @96C Is that a Proof Research drop-in AI AX Carbon Fiber barrel with Area 419 Sidewinder muzzle brake?

Spot on man, 24" Proof CF drop in for AX308, 1:8" 6.5 Creedmoor.
Area419 Sidewinder 30cal so I can jump it over to the 26" factory 308 barrel.

Good eye (y)

Reactions: M289
22mph wind, 1921m, 6.5CM, 1 metre steel gong...View attachment 7289158... Not going so well :ROFLMAO:

I read the top portion then looked at the picture and thought man that’s impressive with the caliber and wind considered....then I read the “not going so well” portion and thought, “yep, that’s more of what should have come to mind” ?

Reactions: 96C
Thanks for the advice, ya’ll! Obviously I want the most accurate color ;) I do have a question. Trying to figure out the color in these two pictures. On the upper picture I would assume the top rifle is pale brown and bottom is dark earth? However, on the bottom picture Mile High said the color is dark earth.

On the top picture what I assume is dark earth looks dark brown, on the bottom more yellow/coyote. Is it the lighting? Am I off on the correct color on that upper picture? Did the colors change on newer models?
3B875E8C-7409-49B3-9AEB-F6BE0B20F298.jpeg

Last edited:
The top is Pale Brown, the one below is Field Drab (dark earth). The difference is the lighting.

Thanks for the advice, ya’ll! Obviously I want the most accurate color ;) I do have a questions. Trying to figure out the color in these two pictures. On the upper picture I would assume the top rifle is pale brown and bottom is dark earth? However, on the bottom picture Mile High said the color is dark earth.

On the top picture what I assume is dark earth looks dark brown, on the bottom more yellow/coyote. Is it the lighting? Am I off on the correct color on that upper picture? Did the colors change on newer models? View attachment 7289703

Reactions: richthe1
Thanks for the advice, ya’ll! Obviously I want the most accurate color ;) I do have a questions. Trying to figure out the color in these two pictures. On the upper picture I would assume the top rifle is pale brown and bottom is dark earth? However, on the bottom picture Mile High said the color is dark earth.

On the top picture what I assume is dark earth looks dark brown, on the bottom more yellow/coyote. Is it the lighting? Am I off on the correct color on that upper picture? Did the colors change on newer models? View attachment 7289703
Pale Brown Master Race FTW.

IMG_3093-1207409.jpg

Top pic is dark earth in good lighting

Bottom is pale brown

Wtf cares spray paint that shit whatever color your want.

Here's mine pale brown rattle canned banged up and used hard...
IMG-20200321-WA0000.jpg

hard to find photos of AI's with anything other than ATACR's OR PMII's

here is a razor on a PB

C5CD984A-5FB4-43D0-94B4-6871493CC8DA.jpeg

While not an AI here is my razor on my custom switch lu700 in AIAX Chassis. It's cerakoted Coyote Tan. It's just a tad less "pink" than PB.
51E99697-5964-4FB7-9C69-D98EE693092D.jpeg

The razor would look weird on DE. It's a much deeper brown/red than PB

As far as deciphering colors. PB always has a tan butt pad and black rear pistol
Grip. DE has solid color pistol grip and Black butt pad.

here is a razor on a PB

View attachment 7289782
While not an AI here is my razor on my custom switch lu700 in AIAX Chassis. It's cerakoted Coyote Tan. It's just a tad less "pink" than PB.
View attachment 7289783

As far as deciphering colors. PB always has a tan butt pad and black rear pistol
I like your style
5D7F5797-0BD9-4BD3-8D6E-2272371F1969.jpeg42DC732C-82D3-4D56-AB43-9922B4A49983.jpeg

here is a razor on a PB

View attachment 7289782
View attachment 7289783

Here is one with a ZCO on it.
9897721A-5149-4D1A-88F1-28E341010B8A.jpeg
ECE22B3E-D473-4EC7-AB49-C2F9053F8D12.jpeg
2655DCFD-69E0-4959-AB08-96E2D0560499.jpeg

Mine is the AI version of Dark Earth. Cerakote shade is H-212, Federal Brown.
Are you saying H-212 is a direct match for factory AI Dark Earth? Or that your rifle is cerakoted in H-212?

Got any pics?

Reactions: RS14
Are you saying H-212 is a direct match for factory AI Dark Earth? Or that your rifle is cerakoted in H-212?

Got any pics?

I used noveske tiger eye brown and it's pretty dang close at ai dark earth fyi.

Reactions: samb300
Just ordered a Pale Brown AIAX Demo from Eurooptic. Thanks for the all the advice! I’ve been checking this thread out for the past 2 years and have learned a lot of info from you guys.
The only thing that’s ever concerned me is I’ve heard some have to torque it past spec recommendations. Sounds like @samb300 might have discovered it was an issue with the epoxy. Is there a good way to check movement of the Quickloc without removing the action from the stock?
If anyone has any advice or tips for an AI newbie feel free to share.

Just ordered a Pale Brown AIAX Demo from Eurooptic. Thanks for the all the advice! I’ve been checking this thread out for the past 2 years and have learned a lot of info from you guys.
The only thing that’s ever concerned me is I’ve heard some have to torque it past spec recommendations. Sounds like @samb300 might have discovered it was an issue with the epoxy. Is there a good way to check movement of the Quickloc without removing the action from the stock?
Only way to do it is to remove the barrel and look inside the action from the front while you tighten and loosen the QuickLoc screw.

That might be because the serrated washer is no longer conical. They’re $.06/each. They’re conical to keep tension on the screw.