• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Can someone please help answering a question?

How much lighter is the AXSR then the AXMC? I see that they say its lighter, but I cannot find a apples to apples comparison.

Can someone please help answering a question?

How much lighter is the AXSR then the AXMC? I see that they say its lighter, but I cannot find a apples to apples comparison.

Nor according to EuroOptic's specs

AXMC

Specifications
Caliber:.338 Norma Mag
Weight:14.3 lbs.
Rifle Overall Length:49.5"
Action:Front Locking, 6-Lug Bolt Long Action
Trigger:Two-Stage Adjustable, set between 3.3lbs - 4.4lbs
Safety:3-Position Safety (Center setting allows bolt action)
Rifle Barrel Length:27"
Rifle Barrel Twist:1:9.35"
Barrel Thread PitchM18x1.5
Rifle Stock:Folding stock with adjustable cheek piece and length of pull
Scope Mount:30 MOA Picatinny Rail
Magazines Included:(1) 10-round Magazine
Iron SightsNo
Caliber or Gauge:.338 Norma Mag
HandednessRight Hand
Item Condition

AXSR

Specifications
Caliber:.338 Norma Magnum
Weight:Approximately 15.2 lbs.
Action:Bolt Action
Front Locking Six Lugs
Trigger:Accuracy International Competition Trigger
Safety:2 Position Ambidextrous
Rifle Barrel Length:27"
Rifle Barrel Twist:1:9.35
Barrel Thread Pitch3/4x24"
Rifle Stock:Black AXSR Chassis with Folding Stock
Scope Mount:20 MOA STANAG (MIL 1913) Action Rail
Iron SightsNo
Caliber or Gauge:.338 Norma Mag
HandednessRight Hand
Item Condition

Reactions: kocustoms
Thanks. I thought I remember one of the upgrades over the axmc was a lighter action. Guess I was mistaken.

20200522_142118.jpg

@SVD Sweet rifle, Where in AZ are you shooting? Damn hot the last couple days.

This was like 2 weeks back, i have a spot near me out near wickenburg. Ive been... busy... the past week and a half so i haven't been able to get out and its killing me. I want to go find some nice spots further north.

This was like 2 weeks back, i have a spot near me out near wickenburg. Ive been... busy... the past week and a half so i haven't been able to get out and its killing me. I want to go find some nice spots further north.
I have a cabin up in Overgaard. A.I shooters are always welcome to join, got a nice range setup in the National Forest. I have a ton of spots up north, my problem is getting a good spot around the Valley.

Definitely the wrong thread to ask this question as everyone on here loves their AI's but here it goes nonetheless. Have any of you AXMC owners that use theirs for multiple calibers regretted your purchase for any reason? I ask this because every couple of years I look in my safe and see rifles with overlapped purposes. Most of these are hunting builds in different calibers, but all can kill animals just as dead as the other. I'm thinking about slimming down the hunting side in favor of a more "practical" AXMC multi cal setup. So, AXMC owners, any regrets? (que "no ragrets" meme)

Definitely the wrong thread to ask this question as everyone on here loves their AI's but here it goes nonetheless. Have any of you AXMC owners that use theirs for multiple calibers regretted your purchase for any reason? I ask this because every couple of years I look in my safe and see rifles with overlapped purposes. Most of these are hunting builds in different calibers, but all can kill animals just as dead as the other. I'm thinking about slimming down the hunting side in favor of a more "practical" AXMC multi cal setup. So, AXMC owners, any regrets? (que "no ragrets" meme)

My axmc is the one rifle that will probably never be sold

As a hunter first I’ve got individual rifles for anywhere on the planet; Big 5 Africa included. The AXMC while amazing just isn’t something I’d normally hunt with unless I was in a static position. That being said I’m still committed to shooting 3+ calibers out of mine. Need a LH 300WM bolt and I’ll be set forever.

As a hunter first I’ve got individual rifles for anywhere on the planet; Big 5 Africa included. The AXMC while amazing just isn’t something I’d normally hunt with unless I was in a static position. That being said I’m still committed to shooting 3+ calibers out of mine. Need a LH 300WM bolt and I’ll be set forever.
I failed to mention that this rifle would be 75% target and 25% hunting. I hunt in Mississippi, land of the treestand and shooting houses, so the MC would work just fine for those I believe.

Reactions: AXMC338L
I failed to mention that this rifle would be 75% target and 25% hunting. I hunt in Mississippi, land of the treestand and shooting houses, so the MC would work just fine for those I believe.

it can be done out of box blinds, but its a pretty hefty ridle for that. i would definitely look for a shorter barrel foe the blind days - particularly if yu also run a suppressor. i have an 18" 308 i can put on mine, but i still prefer to take a gap gladius type into the box with me over my axsa /axmc. i like to be quick in and out of the windows as my setup doesnt see a lot of things loiter for long.

Zero regret. Now I need an AXSR

Screenshot_20200605-145422~2.png

Last edited:
I took @BLKWLFK9’s advice and spun my 308 barrel back on for local matches, saving my 6.5 barrels for the big matches that count. I take the 308 out for deer hunting, and I run 6.5 in most competitions. I’d say for what I pay for other bolt actions, this rifle has paid for itself 3x over in its capabilities.

No one ever talks about the fact that you have the same bolt manipulation, same trigger feel, out of one rifle. My buddy jumps from his AI with a stock trigger to his PRS rig with an 8oz trigger, back and forth. I really don’t know how he does it.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
I have an AT in an MPA that will debut at it's first match this weekend, so I will see how I like the AI in that role. Coming from the land of Impact actions and 8oz triggers it has definitely taken some getting used to.

Reactions: 96C
I took @BLKWLFK9’s advice and spun my 308 barrel back on for local matches, saving my 6.5 barrels for the big matches that count. I take the 308 out for deer hunting, and I run 6.5 in most competitions. I’d say for what I pay for other bolt actions, this rifle has paid for itself 3x over in its capabilities.

No one ever talks about the fact that you have the same bolt manipulation, same trigger feel, out of one rifle. My buddy jumps from his AI with a stock trigger to his PRS rig with an 8oz trigger, back and forth. I really don’t know how he does it.
Not sure how much you're shooting, but unless you're shooting a ton of rounds per year, why not just stick with 6.5? Or better yet, 6.5 for practice/hunting and matches that "don't matter" and 6mm for big matches. Unless you really want to compete in the Tactical division, I just don't see the draw of shooting 308 at matches. I think most 6.5 Creed sized calibers will get you 2500 rounds out of a barrel, so I don't see babying that barrel as a necessity.

And this is someone that's been shooting the exact same caliber+load+bullet weight for 5 years (6.5x47L) and just shot a couple hundred rounds of 6mm...I don't know that I'll ever go back to 6.5. There's a reason everyone shoots 6mm's at matches. Going back to 308 sounds terrible haha.

I agree with you on the AI doing it all, and giving a consistent feel. It's one of the reasons I think I've grown as a match shooter While everyone was changing actions, stocks, scopes, and calibers, I shot literally the same thing (other than a switch from AT to AX) for 5 years. Fear the man with one gun, right?

The 308 will expose weaknesses in wind reading though, when compared to 6.5 or 6 for training or local matches.
Forcing the shooter to really focus on the wind rather than edge holding will probably encourage the shooter to learn faster.

That is my plan anyway and also a handy excuse for missing a few...

The 308 will expose weaknesses in wind reading though, when compared to 6.5 or 6 for training or local matches.
Forcing the shooter to really focus on the wind rather than edge holding will probably encourage the shooter to learn faster.

That is my plan anyway and also a handy excuse for missing a few...
Just wait until you drop points for holding too much wind when you switch back to a 6mm LOL

I'm at the point in my life where time is very limited to actually be at the range practicing, let alone shooting a "practice" match that I don't care about, so for me I shoot and practice with the same caliber so I'm comfortable with the wind, drops, recoil, reloading, everything. I know a lot of guys shoot a LOT more than me, have quick access to a range (i.e. their back yard), or enjoy having multiple match rigs in all different calibers. I try to keep sane with one rifle and one caliber, hell even trying a 6mm in earnest has taken me almost 2 years to even try at a match haha.

Out hunting on the weekend.
I really love AI rifles... When I got my first AICS back in about 2008 it lit a fire in the belly!View attachment 7341599
Have owned: AICS 1.0, AICS AX Pre-2014, AICS AT, AT and now the AX308.
Seriously sussing out the ASR in 300NM / 6.5PRC, funds permitting.
Sweet country. What ya hunting ?

After lots of research/stalking this thread I bought my first AI. Jason at Eurooptic hooked me up with a great deal. Have to say it’s incredibly well made.

Attachments

• E1008FF1-443B-4FD5-B88F-7C019A74D604.jpeg
    E1008FF1-443B-4FD5-B88F-7C019A74D604.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,160
After shooting the AXMC for the first time last weekend my wife has decided she needs an AI with a ZCO too, I better be getting a raise at work to cross into multiple AI territory.

I just want to know when the MCs are gonna be blown out now that the SRs are in stock that way I can finally pick one up.
I wonder if they’re going to continue support the AXMC or it’s going to be discontinued? I’m interested in this as well, but if I need a replacement part down the road (SFP bolt, etc) I don’t want to be out of luck.

I wonder if they’re going to continue support the AXMC or it’s going to be discontinued? I’m interested in this as well, but if I need a replacement part down the road (SFP bolt, etc) I don’t want to be out of luck.
No worries...they’re still supporting AWs.

Reactions: richthe1
They are still producing AXMC’s in two tone and calling them the AX LE or something like that. They’ll support them for a long long time.

I’m really struggling with a decision. I’d love to get an AXSR. If I do I will run it 90%+ of the time in a short action config once the bolts are available. Considering I’m pretty much always gonna run it in a SA cartridge do I just get the AT (helluva value)? No, I’m not buying both 😜

I’m really struggling with a decision. I’d love to get an AXSR. If I do I will run it 90%+ of the time in a short action config once the bolts are available. Considering I’m pretty much always gonna run it in a SA cartridge do I just get the AT (helluva value)? No, I’m not buying both 😜

Another idea would be to grab a Euro Optic Demo AXSA for ~$4600-5300. Mine showed up as new and was $2500 less than a non-demo new one...