• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Hey all. Would anyone with an AXSR be willing to post pics of their 300WM bolt face? I am trying to figure out if the AXSR has the same notch on the 300WM and 300/338NM bolt that the ASR has on its 300NM/338NM bolt . It’s a little tab that protrudes to keep you from inserting a 308 barrel with the 300NM/338NM bolt.

I’m having a 300 PRC barrel done and I’m not sure what the AXSR 300WM bolt looks like.

Thanks.

I don't think that they have released the 300WM or 308 bolts for the AXSR yet.... if they have I want one...

Has anyone gotten a 300 WM AXSR yet? I don't think they are out yet.

My bad they are :)

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten a 300 WM AXSR yet? I don't think they are out yet.
Been waiting for several months now for a FDE 300WM. Was told the 300WMs would ship nlt August per Scott When he posted in the other thread. Last time I checked with them, they told me end of 3rd quarter. I’ve only seen the ES versions available at Euro Optic. I am hoping any day now. This wait is brutal. 😬

Ok I thought the 300WM was out already. I’m really curious to see if the 300WM barrel has this thing. Does anyone with a 300NM AXSR wanna check and see if their bolt has this please? See the yellow circled notch on this ASR 300NM bolt.

Attachments

• 8E74E490-1D1E-4796-B50F-CB1DA717B5B4.jpeg
    8E74E490-1D1E-4796-B50F-CB1DA717B5B4.jpeg
    357.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 20D56AF5-FB3F-4E1A-B169-C013FDD20721.jpeg
    20D56AF5-FB3F-4E1A-B169-C013FDD20721.jpeg
    382.8 KB · Views: 167
I'll check my AXSR 300 NM, I did shoot it yesterday..... give me a few mins...
20200726_200540.jpg

20200726_200529.jpg

20200726_200518.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Movistar
As explained to me when I bought my ASR, the notch is part of the ASR submission/requirements. AI did not carry it over to the AXSR.

If you are curious about running a 300wm bolt in a ASR, why don’t you call Mile High and ask. If anyone knows at this point, they would be the ones.

Thanks Bullet. So an interesting note that the ASR bolt and barrels are different from the AXSR bolt and barrels and not directly interchangeable. I know the 308 bolt in the ASR kit works great with AXMC 308 caliber barrels. I wonder if that notch to prevent a 308 barrel with a 300NM bolt was part of the SOCOM spec since AI didn’t carry it over to the AXSR.

Edit: I didn’t see BEJ762s post. Thanks. I guess I’ll hold off on the 300PRC barrel order until the 300WM size bolts are out and I can confirm what’s needed.

@Movistar come on man. I gave you this info weeks ago lol
Dude you’re high haha. We did talk about the breech of the 300NM but I want to know about 300PRC. But it’s reasonable to assume if the AXSR 300NM bolt doesn’t have the tab that the 300WM bolt won’t have one either. I don’t know why I want a 300PRC so bad when I have 300NM. Guess I like variety.

Now we just need AI to drop those bolts on all of us.

• Haha
Reactions: MysizeisMAGNUM
Dude you’re high haha. We did talk about the breech of the 300NM but I want to know about 300PRC. But it’s reasonable to assume if the AXSR 300NM bolt doesn’t have the tab that the 300WM bolt won’t have one either. I don’t know why I want a 300PRC so bad when I have 300NM. Guess I like variety.

Now we just need AI to drop those bolts on all of us.

lol. Yeah well, anything on the ASR rifle was part of the solicitation. You won't have to worry about that part on any bolts moving forward as it won't transfer over to the AXSR's. So you can order a 300PRC Barrel now.

I did have 2 buddies at the NF ELR Match pushing Factory 225gr Hornady ammo out of their PRC, the same speed I was pushing the 220gr Bergers lol.

Obviously I could push the 220gr harder, just didn't feel the need to... I didn't do too bad at the match anyhow LOL

Not sure how you did but some dude named Jorge kicked ass and got a sick MRAD for his troubles.

;)

In an unrelated note, anyone got any reason to think the AI flat trigger shoe won’t work on the ASR? I love flat shoes but I’m very impressed by the grip and grooves of the factory ASR trigger.

See said grooves:

Attachments

• 7FA24B30-3243-4C79-8915-A81851D17565.jpeg
    7FA24B30-3243-4C79-8915-A81851D17565.jpeg
    296.7 KB · Views: 69
  • DCAFF5B7-90C6-4188-BDB1-134BA7DE9991.jpeg
    DCAFF5B7-90C6-4188-BDB1-134BA7DE9991.jpeg
    315.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Yes, I think that's what they call the small one.
View attachment 7382978
Nice, but it looks like a tight fit ;)

Just to be sure, the AI USA AXSR rifle has a 20MOA Action Rail where the AI UK AXMC and AXMK3 rifle has a 30MOA Action Rail, correct?
I think @NoLegs24 and/or another Tangent Theta owner said they used a SP-4302 mount with their TT525P because of that.

Nice, but it looks like a tight fit ;)

Just to be sure, the AI USA AXSR rifle has a 20MOA Action Rail where the AI UK AXMC and AXMK3 rifle has a 30MOA Action Rail, correct?
I think @NoLegs24 and/or another Tangent Theta owner said they used a SP-4302 mount with their TT525P because of that.
Correct. 20 MOA rail on the AXSR.

Has anyone with both the AXSR and AXMC compared the two regarding weight?
Possibly without barrels or with the same barrel :) (No optics/mounts and goodies attached or exactly the same;))

I'm curious how the AXMC and AXSR/AXMk3 compare.

Has anyone with both the AXSR and AXMC compared the two regarding weight?
Possibly without barrels or with the same barrel :) (No optics/mounts and goodies attached or exactly the same;))

I'm curious how the AXMC and AXSR/AXMk3 compare.
The biggest difference I noticed between the MC and SR was the headspace 😬. .004" to be exact.

• Wow
Reactions: M289
The biggest difference I noticed between the MC and SR was the headspace 😬. .004" to be exact.
Did the headspace get shorter or longer between the two?
I wonder if your case is an isolated incident or that it applies to all AXSR rifles.

Did the headspace get shorter or longer between the two?
I wonder if your case is an isolated incident or that it applies to all AXSR rifles.
Shorter. I've heard of two others besides mine that were the same .004".

Shorter. I've heard of two others besides mine that were the same .004".
Interesting! So that means the receiver is just a tad shorter than the AXMC.
Have you been able to run a go/no-go gauge to determine whether this will cause issues?

Interesting! So that means the receiver is just a tad shorter than the AXMC.
Have you been able to run a go/no-go gauge to determine whether this will cause issues?
I checked mine from the bolt face to the barrel stop on the cmm. I didn't have go/no-go gages. Any loaded rounds for barrels that I tried to use from my MC had to have the shoulders bumped back .005 to work. The bolt wouldn't close on them otherwise.

Last edited:
What's the deal with the 20" magnum barrels that are offered for the long actions? I don't think I've ever seen one on here and don't quite understand the rationale in the civilian market.

What's the deal with the 20" magnum barrels that are offered for the long actions? I don't think I've ever seen one on here and don't quite understand the rationale in the civilian market.

During times like we are currently experiencing and for the times that are inevitable in the near future, that shorty magnum barrel would be awesome.

Oh, look what Mr Fedex dropped off today... an unexpected care package from Fredericksburg, VA. I wonder if they got the wrong address again?
Not sure which I’m more jelly of...your AI collection, or your hat and stickers. 😀

Reactions: BuLLet

It's about serious energy on target 800 yards and in, within a compact package bud...

You ever ran the terminal energy of a 300 gr 338 LM at 600 yards ?

Reactions: IW21
How fast are you driving the 163s? I've had them up to 3390 fps but too much pressure and the groups opened up, settled on 3260 for an accurate round.
HAvent started working on that project yet Too much work too little time

Mounting scopes on some buddies gear today. Got my hands on an AXSR. I love the trigger in these new AI’s.

Can someone explain why the ASR kit has Mlok, but the ASR that guys are getting comes with Keyslot handguard?

Can someone explain why the ASR kit has Mlok, but the ASR that guys are getting comes with Keyslot handguard?
ASR was Gov contract submission, required MLOK.

AXSR is the best of AI, and that means Keyslot. No contract requirement for inferior MLOK.

ASR kit had requirements for Mlok from the military. AXSR is the AINA version of the new updated MC long action. It has a few other differences.