• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

The 24 inch proof carbon barrel is exactly 2lbs lighter than the 24 inch steel 308 barrel. The gun is still heavy but it’s a little easier to move around. If I was custom ordering I’d do a 22 inch 6CM or a 22 inch 6.5CM barrel. With the hand guard length it seems that 18 inches is the shortest you can go with this fore end. I wouldn’t mind getting a shorter hand guard and a 16 inch carbon 6.5 and ride it around like the covert. Or at least have an option to do so

I don’t know the exact weight of the set up. But it’s heavy.
I know I already asked, and it seems others are interested... It would be very cool if you could weigh your rifle for us. I know I'm very eager to have hard data on the weight of that setup with that Proof barrel. Heavy to some is not heavy to others. I hiked my 18.5# SRS up to 10,000ft in search of elk before. If that ASR is less than 18#, but preferably closer to 15# with that carbon barrel I'd be all over it! If you get around to weighing it as configured, I shall be exceedingly grateful! 😁

Are you calling me soft? 😂

I’d weigh it for you man but all I’ve got a is a food grade scale that maxes out at 10lbs. I was able to Weigh the barrels.

it would be something like this. Weight of bare rifle is supposed to be 15.2lbs with a steel barrel. Scope and mount is another 3lbs. So that would be 18.2 with the scope. Proof barrel deducts exactly two lbs. so I’d estimate at 16.2 ish. Very scientific I know. I don’t even have a bathroom scale. I don’t want to know how fat I am.

I really wish I could be more help.

Are you calling me soft? 😂

I’d weigh it for you man but all I’ve got a is a food grade scale that maxes out at 10lbs. I was able to Weigh the barrels.

it would be something like this. Weight of bare rifle is supposed to be 15.2lbs with a steel barrel. Scope and mount is another 3lbs. So that would be 18.2 with the scope. Proof barrel deducts exactly two lbs. so I’d estimate at 16.2 ish. Very scientific I know. I don’t even have a bathroom scale. I don’t want to know how fat I am.

I really wish I could be more help.
Well that's a start! Thank you friend. Might I suggest taking the rifle apart piece by piece, weighing each part, then adding it all up and itemize your findings here!?... LOL

- Weigh the barrel
- Remove and weigh the hand guard
- Weigh the chassis and stock
- Weigh the scope/mount
Ta-Da!

It's for science! And your fellow man :LOL:

this post really should be names what 1/2 a dream looks like or the look , drool and dream post . I would say 1/2 a dream as all the guns are very very nice but none of them and being used by pretty woman just you all lol and no you in a bikini is not the same thing .

Finally got the big brother I always wanted.

Attachments

• F39C8875-DADA-414E-A292-1D1613528A43.jpeg
    F39C8875-DADA-414E-A292-1D1613528A43.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 218
Took my teenage son out to the 200 yard range today and let him shoot the AXSR's. 300 WM Elite Sand and 300 NM Flat Dark Earth.

Handled them well.

20200807_152032.jpg

20200807_152106.jpg

20200807_152054.jpg

His 200 yard paper target. Shot up a hard drive too :)

20200807_171320.jpg

20200807_154141.jpg

20200807_154147.jpg

Here's one of my targets from the 300 NM @ 200 yards, could only get 3 off before they called the line. Still up on the falling apart backer board!

20200807_153047.jpg

Took my teenage son out to the 200 yard range today and let him shoot the AXSR's. 300 WM Elite Sand and 300 NM Flat Dark Earth.

Handled them well.

View attachment 7393463

View attachment 7393468

View attachment 7393475

View attachment 7393476

View attachment 7393478

View attachment 7393479

Here's one of my targets from the 300 NM @ 200 yards, could only get 3 off before they called the line. Still up on the falling apart backer board!

View attachment 7393481
I gotta ask, how did you set up your optics? Did you lay down prone or from the bench sans optic and then move the scope to your face? The scopes look extremely far forward to what I’ve seen on AIs, and it looks like your son is scrunching his head and neck forward relative to the buttpad and his shoulder.

Just an observation as everyone is different, but I’d guess most guys optics are a good 1-2” rearward from where you have yours.

I actually have the same question.

I gotta ask, how did you set up your optics? Did you lay down prone or from the bench sans optic and then move the scope to your face? The scopes look extremely far forward to what I’ve seen on AIs, and it looks like your son is scrunching his head and neck forward relative to the buttpad and his shoulder.

Just an observation as everyone is different, but I’d guess most guys optics are a good 1-2” rearward from where you have yours.

Maybe the ASR/AXSR buttstock spacing is different, but on my AI's as well as AI chassis' my eyepiece almost always seems to line up pretty close with the forward end of the hinge unit.

Handled them well.

View attachment 7393463

View attachment 7393468

View attachment 7393475

View attachment 7393476

View attachment 7393478

View attachment 7393479

View attachment 7393481
Are you looking to adopt another “son”? Asking for a... uh... friend?

I'm 6 ft, my neck must be long. These are setup for bench shooting for the most part. I like my scopes forward, my son is a bit smaller then me and he is as you say... scrunching up a bit. Last thing I want is scope eye :)

Shot this one today for the first time... AXSA Flat Dark Earth, 243 Winchester. I had gotten it with a S&B and spare barrel special from Eurooptic. 4 Months later still waiting on the 6MM Creedmoor.

20200809_144155.jpg

20200809_144204.jpg

20200809_144220.jpg

I have a question for all of the AXMC shooters out there. Who are some of the better gunsmiths that can spin up a barrel for me. I always went to Mr. Gradous for my AT but unfortunately that is no longer an option.

I want to spin up a barrel using the new Bartlein material in a heavy contour. Not sure who can do that.

I have a question for all of the AXMC shooters out there. Who are some of the better gunsmiths that can spin up a barrel for me. I always went to Mr. Gradous for my AT but unfortunately that is no longer an option.

I want to spin up a barrel using the new Bartlein material in a heavy contour. Not sure who can do that.
I have always used Long Rifles Inc. for my AT and AX barrels with great success. I wouldn't hesitate to use Mile High Shooting as well, Adam is a good dude and I believe they have the actual AI prints. Bonus with Mile High is they can Cerakote the factory AI colors to match :cool:

I have always used Long Rifles Inc. for my AT and AX barrels with great success. I wouldn't hesitate to use Mile High Shooting as well, Adam is a good dude and I believe they have the actual AI prints. Bonus with Mile High is they can Cerakote the factory AI colors to match :cool:
I don't like the Palma contours that AI uses. I like heavier contours. The cerakote matching would be nice but it is not as important as the right barrel.

I don't know LRI

I'm sure he'll get back to you. I called him with some questions and finalized the order by email. He's a pleasure to talk to on the phone.

I don't like the Palma contours that AI uses. I like heavier contours. The cerakote matching would be nice but it is not as important as the right barrel.

I don't know LRI
I bet MH has barrel blanks in stock, otherwise hit up OTM, Bugholes, etc and find the blank you want and ship it direct to them.

Long Rifles Inc has real time reporting, so you place an order or ship them a barrel and you'll have email updates with pictures for every step of the way (receive barrel, chamber, thread, cerakote, ship). Avg wait time from order to shipping from LRI has been about 2 weeks.

Reactions: Nik H
I bet MH has barrel blanks in stock, otherwise hit up OTM, Bugholes, etc and find the blank you want and ship it direct to them.

Long Rifles Inc has real time reporting, so you place an order or ship them a barrel and you'll have email updates with pictures for every step of the way (receive barrel, chamber, thread, cerakote, ship). Avg wait time from order to shipping from LRI has been about 2 weeks.

So MH will use a blank you supply?

Short Action Customs for sure as well as what others have said.

Reactions: BCX and Nik H

Give Moon a call at Crescent Customs

He spins up quite a few AI barrels for me

Shot this one for the first time today. It was another EuroOptic special. One of the 5k demo rifles, that Jason got the price knocked down to 4k as it had some marks on it :)

AXMC 300 WM, 20 Inch Barrel, Just moved the S&B PSR Scope to it. Bore sighted, 4 rounds down the tube and on the bull! This is the first group out of the rifle. Found a tennis ball in the lot with air still in it and used that for practice too.

20200810_153959.jpg

Left the mag home and had to use the AXSR ES's mag I had with me as well.

20200810_154008.jpg

20200810_154030.jpg

20200810_170547.jpg

20200810_160725.jpg

Neat little package, I'll entertain getting the travel case for it.

20200810_160754.jpg

Bolt was tough to open on a bunch of the shots. Had a little brass swiping off of the base of the case. I had cleaned the chamber with a MPro7 patch and then swabbed it out with another patch. Forgot the Bore Scrubber to flush it real good. Maybe the Berger 230 Hybrid Tacticals are a little on the hot side too.

20200810_160606.jpg

Shot this one for the first time today. It was another EuroOptic special. One of the 5k demo rifles, that Jason got the price knocked down to 4k as it had some marks on it :)

AXMC 300 WM, 20 Inch Barrel, Just moved the S&B PSR Scope to it. Bore sighted, 4 rounds down the tube and on the bull! This is the first group out of the rifle. Found a tennis ball in the lot with air still in it and used that for practice too.

View attachment 7395416

Left the mag home and had to use the AXSR ES's mag I had with me as well.

View attachment 7395417

View attachment 7395418

View attachment 7395419

View attachment 7395420

Neat little package, I'll entertain getting the travel case for it.

View attachment 7395421

Bolt was tough to open on a bunch of the shots. Had a little brass swiping off of the base of the case. I had cleaned the chamber with a MPro7 patch and then swabbed it out with another patch. Forgot the Bore Scrubber to flush it real good. Maybe the Berger 230 Hybrid Tacticals are a little on the hot side too.

View attachment 7395422
$4K for a AXMC......LA?

Holy smokes!

Reactions: RS14

Matt Yore at Sawtooth rifles. @NoLegs24 won the NF ELR shooting a 300nm chambered from him, I got 15th shooting factory hornady 300prc in a barrel he did. Here’s one of the groups, this was normal for that barrel. 5 rounds

FBBC41BF-12C5-4F69-9AD1-411B0CD5A1AB.jpeg

28CEA1AA-F585-49EF-895D-4FC8A131801D.jpeg

Matt Yore at Sawtooth rifles. @NoLegs24 won the NF ELR shooting a 300nm chambered from him, I got 15th shooting factory hornady 300prc in a barrel he did. Here’s one of the groups, this was normal for that barrel. 5 rounds

View attachment 7395487

View attachment 7395489
Damn. That’s a shooter for sure!! I wonder if he can chamber a proof CF for me. Although, I ordered a prefit proof in 6.5 CM and 300 PRC. Would be nice to chop the 6.5 to 22in.

Damn. That’s a shooter for sure!! I wonder if he can chamber a proof CF for me. Although, I ordered a prefit proof in 6.5 CM and 300 PRC. Would be nice to chop the 6.5 to 22in.

if it’s a stainless proof yes. Carbon proofs are stuck at whatever length you bought it at.

here’s another barrel he did for me. 6.5cm. This group/speeds were from the Hornady precision hunter challenge

I got excited and broke the 5th shot like a wanker

EEC58472-23BC-42E2-B9EB-8D4FFB346D08.jpeg

492855DC-C9E3-4DF4-9C04-1580BE3B19A0.jpeg

if it’s a stainless proof yes. Carbon proofs are stuck at whatever length you bought it at.

here’s another barrel he did for me. 6.5cm. This group/speeds were from the Hornady precision hunter challenge

View attachment 7395531
View attachment 7395532

Way to not say you took 2nd out of like 120ish shooters at the Hornady Precision Hunter Steel Challenge with that 6.5CM this weekend #humblebrag.... wonder who loaded that ammo for ya? 🤔...... :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 7395531
View attachment 7395532
Yeah I’m trying to minimize the weight for hunting. Been in the gym every day just waiting to lug this heavy MF through the hills after a monster mule deer up in the north. Need to figure out a 6 variant for yotes.

Ended 5 points from 1st place in Tac division yesterday. Those berger 175g bullets really perform well, even in a 20” 308. Bullet we’re going transonic at 860 yards, and was still able to make impacts at 1000 yards. View attachment 7394857
Are you sure? Everyone knows 308 can’t go that far.

F0E45BAE-3868-4CFA-A401-0CA52B1D1A36.jpeg

Hey Surly, we related :ROFLMAO:
This is quite possible. However, I may or may not have copied your aviator image 😊🤣
I recently purchased a Mystery Ranch Pop 38 and the quick detach sling kit to make the weight more manageable.

Last edited: