• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Welcome to the club, an "oldie but goodie" for sure, AI's flat out shoot - old and new. If you're anywhere near Colorado, I'm setting up an AI "Fun Shoot" out near Beuna Vista on October 4th. Don't worry too much about "worthy" glass, you can put a Vortex PST II on there and it'll shoot, image may not be as nice as a TT, but the point is to hit what you're aiming at, and most decent glass can do that today.

That would be a fun shoot! Unfortunately im nowhere near there. The deal i got on this thing from Mile High is too good to print. I got lucky for sure.

That would be a fun shoot! Unfortunately im nowhere near there. The deal i got on this thing from Mile High is too good to print. I got lucky for sure.
Mile High is a great group right here in Colorado, sometimes they have amazing deals that are not always advertised, glad you found something that worked for you.

I have a MKIII that has the more AT style skins and was looking to change the skins out to the earlier MKIII/MKII style skins and was wondering if anyone knew a good source for something like that?

I have a MKIII that has the more AT style skins and was looking to change the skins out to the earlier MKIII/MKII style skins and was wondering if anyone knew a good source for something like that?
Try Mile High. Mike found me a set of dark earth skins for one of my AW's. They are getting scarce though!

Oh.... and maybe try Tac Pro Shooting in Mingus, TX. He has a lot of extra parts in the back room still I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: midSCarolina
Bring your ASR to the office day!

Photo on 9-25-20 at 3.02 PM #2.png

Looking good, now get some loads worked up and let us know how it goes!

Is Dave putting flats on the barrel? Looks like something near the muzzle.

More stuff arrived today, including a 27" 300 PRC barrel by Dave Tooley. Hopefully I can get the new AXMC out soon.

Anyone using a SOCOM 7.62-RC on a 300 PRC or 300WM? Thoughts? TIA.

IMG_5168-1608378.jpg

Reactions: Defender3
Looking good, now get some loads worked up and let us know how it goes!

Is Dave putting flats on the barrel? Looks like something near the muzzle.

I'm going to catalog the first 100-120rds through the barrel as it speeds up using factory H225s. I'll develop a load using N565 and RL26 for the 220 Bergers and H225s.

Cut with 6 flats.

IMG_5170-1608607.jpg

More stuff arrived today, including a 27" 300 PRC barrel by Dave Tooley. Hopefully I can get the new AXMC out soon.

Anyone using a SOCOM 7.62-RC on a 300 PRC or 300WM? Thoughts? TIA.

SOCOM 300 on a 27" TRG .300wm. I bet the RC will have a sharper tone, but is a more durable suppressor than the 300. With a barrel that long, you could probably use most anything.

Reactions: Defender3
I keep hearing that AI is not meant to be the most accurate rifle out there. They say that it isn't purpose built to deliver accuracy like a fully custom bolt gun....

I also hear that factory ammo can't compete.

Hmmmm.

This was one of yesterday's results while comparing different ammunition.

Ballistic-X-Export-2020-09-27 15:01:17.262930.jpg

This was PRIME 6.5 CM out of my AI AT. It was the best group I shot but the others were all below 0.6MOA at 300 yards. Even the 5 shot groups.

You have to love AI

I keep hearing that AI is not meant to be the most accurate rifle out there. They say that it isn't purpose built to deliver accuracy like a fully custom bolt gun....

I also hear that factory ammo can't compete.

Hmmmm.

This was one of yesterday's results while comparing different ammunition.

View attachment 7434769

This was PRIME 6.5 CM out of my AI AT. It was the best group I shot but the others were all below 0.6MOA at 300 yards. Even the 5 shot groups.

You have to love AI
Who the hell says any of that??? I've never heard it, and never thought AI's were viewed as being inferior to customs in the accuracy department.

Reactions: RS14
Who the hell says any of that??? I've never heard it, and never thought AI's were viewed as being inferior to customs in the accuracy department.
I've heard it many times at a number of different places...forums...matches, etc. I never bought it but I have heard it here as well. Look at any of the threads dealing with "should I buy an AI over a blah blah custom". People always state a custom's precision is a reason to go that route.

I have 2 AIs and have never questioned the rifles potential for precision

@Nik H Uhm, an AI is a lot harder to shoot off your belly/ bench than a custom gun built for comps... ain't nothing wrong with admitting that. It's not going to make me switch.But I can see why guys favor other rifles vs AI's...

Maybe you should show them what's up at an actual match? Make them believers?? ;)

@Nik H Uhm, an AI is a lot harder to shoot off your belly/ bench than a custom gun built for comps... ain't nothing wrong with admitting that. It's not going to make me switch.But I can see why guys favor other rifles vs AI's...

Maybe you should show them what's up at an actual match? Make them believers?? ;)
LOL...I am a non-competitive type. My mental game prevents me from competing in high pressure situations. So I just smile a lot.

For anyone using a comp trigger, how often do you flush it with lighter fluid?

Sending mine in to AI and they guy on the phone thought it was crazy that flushing multiple times didn't fix my issue.

For anyone using a comp trigger, how often do you flush it with lighter fluid?

Sending mine in to AI and they guy on the phone thought it was crazy that flushing multiple times didn't fix my issue.

Have never flushed it, 2,000+ rounds so far in dust, rain and dirt... Hasn't been an issue.

Reactions: jtackmann
Hey guys, I need someone with an AX short action rifle to do some fit tests on a couple of items I am printing, I already print items for the AXMC, and AT and they are being tested but need a volunteer to check fit and use the AX prints at the range. You'll get a new set to keep once everything fits and runs right, just need some feedback, disregard the AT on the test items, the originals were printed before I knew there was a difference between the AX and AT mags.
View attachment 7436532View attachment 7436533 Any Takers?

@Mr. F

I found out during a test fit that the AT mags do not have a front lug on them, therefore the AX mags will not fit in an AT rifle. Not sure if it will work the other way around though.

Good to know. I don’t have both and always figured they were the same. They do have different part numbers.

AT mags will work in a AX.

^ This

AT can't use AX mags...well it can, but only after you hammer in the front tap flush with the side of the mag.

While the AX can use either mag. You can feel the front lug on the AX mag lock into place, but both AT/AX mags still have the exact same amount of rattle movement and feed exactly the same (flawlessly) in my AX.

@pfl338 I don't see any real reason to make the AX specific version

Reactions: deersniper
Hey guys, I need someone with an AX short action rifle to do some fit tests on a couple of items I am printing, I already print items for the AXMC, and AT and they are being tested but need a volunteer to check fit and use the AX prints at the range. You'll get a new set to keep once everything fits and runs right, just need some feedback, disregard the AT on the test items, the originals were printed before I knew there was a difference between the AX and AT mags.
View attachment 7436532View attachment 7436533 Any Takers?

Received mine and hope to have them out tomorrow for testing.

IMG_5238-1612425.jpg

I've a few AI's, well more then a few... :) and willing to test out some of your gear if you're needing guinea pigs.

View attachment 7437739Here is the prototype bag rider, the machined one i made out of 7075, that works fantastic, the printed one( installed on rifle) will need some more mods for it to become viable, but I think I can get there and be able to provide an economical bag rider that functions well and is fairly durable, I will require test beds, (AKA volunteers to abuse the crap out of it to see how durable it will be be.) super light compared to the all Aluminum one.​