• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I got a chance to hit Quantico today to start breaking in the 300 PRC. I got 70rds down the new barrel and will be able to develop a drop chart and take the rifle to 1,000 tomorrow.

I tested the 3-D printed lead sled, safety block and extended mag release for fit and function, absolutely no issues. I also chrono'd each shot so I can track and plot the barrel's speed. I shot factory Hornady 225s (60rds) and 10rds of the Unknown Munitions 220 Bergers over some IMR 7977.

IMG_5262-1618357.jpg

I wasn't necessarily shooting for groups but here are shots 16-20 of the Hornady, I think this Dave Tooley 27" barrel is a shooter as long as I do my part. Speed for the Hornady today was in the 2850 range, but given it was factory, there were some wild variances.

IMG_5255-1618331.jpg

Does anyone here know what height rings are needed when mounting a scope on a AI AT high 20 MOA rail?
AT doesn't have continuous rail so you can get away with low rings; however, I've found them to be too low for the cheek piece even at it's lowest setting. I just put a ARC M10 QD-L at 1.38" height, with the Wiebad cheek pad that is about the minimum height as I have the cheekpiece at it's lowest.

Can someone point me in the right direction if I wanted to do a 33 or 37xc in my axsr. I’m running 338 Lapua now and reload but this cartridge looks intriguing, just can’t find where to buy barrel,dies etc. thanks

Can someone point me in the right direction if I wanted to do a 33 or 37xc in my axsr. I’m running 338 Lapua now and reload but this cartridge looks intriguing, just can’t find where to buy barrel,dies etc. thanks

Dies / brass you can purchase on David tubb website. Barrel you can purchase on straight jacket website or call mile high shooting.

Awesome guys, keep it up!!!

Anyone running 37xc or 41xc in an any AI's yet?

View attachment 7437739Here is the prototype bag rider, the machined one i made out of 7075, that works fantastic, the printed one( installed on rifle) will need some more mods for it to become viable, but I think I can get there and be able to provide an economical bag rider that functions well and is fairly durable, I will require test beds, (AKA volunteers to abuse the crap out of it to see how durable it will be be.) super light compared to the all Aluminum one.​

I would test the hell out of one

spent few hours at 1200 today with the porotype mounted, even though it is not totally mechanically sound at this point,( hopefully the next print will be) the printed bag rider performed very well with no issues after 60 rounds of 338LM, amazing how well bag riders work over just using your fist to control elevation at the butt. Granted in a tac. sit. a shooter probably will not have a bag rider to use so its still good to learn to use what's available lol

I wish I had one at 1,000 today at Quantico. ;)

I had gotten the 50 model for the AX50 but didn't install it yet as you have to remove the brake.

At this point I probably will just get the 50 models and not the model you have as the only difference is the center part is steel as opposed to a lighter weight alloy.

its frigging the best bipod!!

@pfl338 Are you planning to share the STL's of the mag's and the bag rider? Of course I would love to see you share them but would understand if you would not. But would love to know if I need to design some of my own or can use yours. Thanks

I finally got my Frankenstein out this weekend:

-2014 AIAT
-LRI Bolt bushed for small firing pin treatment
-AX Buttstock
-Accuracy Obsession Chassis
-GTAC AR grip conversion
-ERGO Tactical Deluxe grip
-Area 419 Hellfire brake system

I’ve created a perfect setup to best suit my shooting types, I’m so comfortable behind it. Nothing beats an A.I, I’m so glad for the amazing companies listed above to help enhance the system.

82E4150D-1801-4A98-9A0A-FB8C27D179EE.jpeg

I had to do a quick double-take -- I know lots of people rock the 2 shot quiver, but it looks like you're running a 3 shot side quiver. Which brand is that and how does it hold up?
Looks to be a Precision Underground 3 Plus.

Awesome guys, keep it up!!!

Anyone running 37xc or 41xc in an any AI's yet?

I would like to know this as well. I’m interested in doing my axsr in the 37xc. Just need to gather up some info which this site has plenty of. Anyone know where do I start with barrel length/twist. David Tubb has some info on his website but nothing is really pertaining to the AI’s. Hoping someone has done it already to
learn from.

I had to do a quick double-take -- I know lots of people rock the 2 shot quiver, but it looks like you're running a 3 shot side quiver. Which brand is that and how does it hold up?
That's what I liked about JP's design, it stands out from the norm and provides an extra round without being to bulky, we'll have to see how it holds up over time but so far I am really liking it as a backup. If it becomes a snag issue I can simply not load the 3rd round and it essentially holds the two just like the SAP version.

20200808_Precision_Underground_plus3_001.jpg

20200808_Precision_Underground_plus3_005.jpg

That's what I liked about JP's design, it stands out from the norm and provides an extra round without being to bulky, we'll have to see how it holds up over time but so far I am really liking it as a backup. If it becomes a snag issue I can simply not load the 3rd round and it essentially holds the two just like the SAP version.

View attachment 7440624

View attachment 7440625

wonder if he’s having it made in China also since he’s fond of stealing ideas like the chinese are.

I finally got my Frankenstein out this weekend:

-2014 AIAT
-LRI Bolt bushed for small firing pin treatment
-AX Buttstock
-Accuracy Obsession Chassis
-GTAC AR grip conversion
-ERGO Tactical Deluxe grip
-Area 419 Hellfire brake system

I’ve created a perfect setup to best suit my shooting types, I’m so comfortable behind it. Nothing beats an A.I, I’m so glad for the amazing companies listed above to help enhance the system.

View attachment 7440273

Average shooters: "I'm trying to decide between this RPR and a Howa."

AI boys: "Lemme see how fast I can make this $4500 rifle cost $8000."

I would like to know this as well. I’m interested in doing my axsr in the 37xc. Just need to gather up some info which this site has plenty of. Anyone know where do I start with barrel length/twist. David Tubb has some info on his website but nothing is really pertaining to the AI’s. Hoping someone has done it already to
learn from.

Jasent on has his 37xc thread on here, he chambered it himself and has done a great job sharing his knowledge, experience and lessons learned.

Here's the way I see it:
Axmc is a solid system (THE MOST solid multi cal system in my book

Available now is everything running off a .308 bolt face in any flavor you want

Smaller 6mm options are out now as well as trophyhunter turning out wsm faced options

.300wm, .338LM, and .300nm/.338NM is proven

.33xc provides even more juice

37xc and 41xc take the system to new distances which will allow someone to run 6cm to 41xc........essentially .375CT ......ALL IN ONE SYSTEM

Then there's the .223 bolt face Frank leaked a while back from Shot

Now someone just needs to bush/make a custom .22LR bolt and mags

End goal: .22LR to caliber nastier than .375CT out of ONE rifle 😁

Last edited:
Average shooters: "I'm trying to decide between this RPR and a Howa."

AI boys: "Lemme see how fast I can make this $4500 rifle cost $8000."
When you've shot pretty much every action out there you quickly realize why A.I boys love'em. Worth every penny to get comfort and stability out of the best action and magazine system on the planet. I'm a big fan of the AX stock as well, the quick change barrel system also doesn't suck. Did I mention the 60 degree bolt throw and butter fed mags... yumm

AE468E67-A0EE-4742-87B0-DE75456A5E53.jpeg

I haven’t seen it talked about in awhile, but while I had everything disassembled for my chassis conversion I swapped cross bolts out on my Spuhr. It’s a decent feature for A.I rifles because we always have a 4mm Allen on our person.

I called Mile High to get the specific size for my particular Spuhr, because there are 2 sizes, then I ordered the 4 bolts from bolt.com for less than $5 shipped.

Just wanted to bring the topic backup for some that haven’t thought about it. 🍻

Edit: I know it’s dirty, it’s always dirty 😍

View attachment 7440922
I haven’t seen it talked about in awhile, but while I had everything disassembled for my chassis conversion I swapped cross bolts out on my Spuhr. It’s a decent feature for A.I rifles because we always have a 4mm Allen on our person.

I called Mile High to get the specific size for my particular Spuhr, because there are 2 sizes, then I ordered the 4 bolts from bolt.com for less than $5 shipped.

Just wanted to bring the topic backup for some that haven’t thought about it. 🍻

Edit: I know it’s dirty, it’s always dirty 😍
FYI the Spuhr screws are specially coated with black Zinc-Nickel for corrosion resistance. The cap screws from bolts.com or any other bulk supply website are black oxide coated which is a much inferior coating for corrosion resistance. I understand the desire for using only one wrench, but when they inevitably start rusting you'll probably want to swap them back to the factory screws.

FYI the Spuhr screws are specially coated with black Zinc-Nickel for corrosion resistance. The cap screws from bolts.com or any other bulk supply website are black oxide coated which is a much inferior coating for corrosion resistance. I understand the desire for using only one wrench, but when they inevitably start rusting you'll probably want to swap them back to the factory screws.
Good point. There’s also the (cheap) solution of adhering to a PMCS schedule that can help extend the life of the 4mm replacement bolts. Although it is 2020 and I’d assume there’s a place you can order 4mm bolts from that are BZN coated...”assume” being the key word 😂 If not, maybe a market item for Spuhr or another to release? 💰🍻

I guess when I replace the screws for my AO chassis if I leave them wet, I’ll do the Spuhr screw as well. Non issue for me in the Southwest, but I guess something for others to consider.

Good point. There’s also the (cheap) solution of adhering to a PMCS schedule that can help extend the life of the 4mm replacement bolts. Although it is 2020 and I’d assume there’s a place you can order 4mm bolts from that are BZN coated...”assume” being the key word 😂 If not, maybe a market item for Spuhr or another to release? 💰🍻
They're not easy to find...at least not for me. There are a couple places that will take black oxide fasteners, strip them, then coat with zinc-nickel. But it's really expensive, especially in small quantities. I'm sure a place like Spuhr machines their own screws and sends them in the raw to get coated. Or pays a supplier for them 100k at a time.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Smaller 6mm options are out now as well as trophyhunter turning out wsm faced options

Then there's the .223 bolt face Frank leaked a while back from SHOT

Ok, did I miss something ? Last I knew Tropyhunter is doing .223 and WSM bolts for the AT/AX only (plus AI makes factory 300wm bolts for the AXMC...so no need there).....can you link the .223 bolt leak for the AXMC?
Thanks!

Ok, did I miss something ? Last I knew Tropyhunter is doing .223 and WSM bolts for the AT/AX only (plus AI makes factory 300wm bolts for the AXMC...so no need there).....can you link the .223 bolt leak for the AXMC?
Thanks!

I think I have to stand corrected and eat humble pie.....I somehow misinterpreted this when initially posted.

It appears these were trophyhunter bolt heads

Jasent on has his 37xc thread on here, he chambered it himself and has done a great job sharing his knowledge, experience and lessons learned.

Here's the way I see it:
Axmc is a solid system (THE MOST solid multi cal system in my book

Available now is everything running off a .308 bolt face in any flavor you want

.300wm, .338LM, and .300nm/.338NM is proven

.33xc provides even more juice

37xc and 41xc take the system to new distances which will allow someone to run 6cm to 41xc........essentially .375CT ......ALL IN ONE SYSTEM

Then there's the .223 bolt face Frank leaked a while back from Shot

Now someone just needs to bush/make a custom .22LR bolt and mags

End goal: .22LR to caliber nastier than .375CT out of ONE rifle 😁

Thanks I’ll have to go and search his posts.

You and me think exactly alike. What you just said was how I convinced myself to Spend that kind of money on the Axsr. Still cried when the money left the bank account. But I got over it pretty quick :)

Anyone have a line on a lefty AXMC? I had a posing in the lefty section as well, just thought I would put it here also. Thanks in advance and stay safe Tack

Affirm Samb, but no ETA on the rifles when I contacted them this week. If I get an update on ETA of the rifles will let everyone know.

Reactions: Empr_Hadrian
GTAC Engineering Services in the UK sent me their AR grip conversion kit, put it on this week. Massive change to the back end of the rifle, feels like a different beast with the Ergo flat top AR grip.

Have only put 20 rounds through it, still very much getting used to the new shape.

Might try the MPA grip, that will no doubt need a bit of a beating with a dremel on the back end to fit up snug.

Screenshot_2020-10-09 LOW VIS GEAR ( lowvisgear) • Instagram photos and videos.png
Screenshot_2020-10-09 LOW VIS GEAR ( lowvisgear) • Instagram photos and videos(2).png

I’d highly recommend the ergo tactical deluxe. They make it in flat top and regular. It’s what on the AXSR. It’s thicker and far more vertical than the regular ergo you’ve got there

Perfect way to wrap up the week. Family time, Jameo, a Training Sights’ package, and a box of AI goodies.

UK Sporting Services has an awesome CS team. Ordering process was easy, quick, and I think they had my stuff shipped same day. Hardest part was me telling my bank that I’m placing an order from another country lol.
B6F1209F-B409-4247-AD18-1B376EEE4501.jpeg

As for the Training Sights, this is way better than what we used to do with overlay paper lol. Dude is a HOG and got these sent out to me so I can help the wife unfuck the peeps in her unit with their M17 proficiency (or lack thereof in some cases). The reticle ones are for my weekly zoom classes with my brother and a buddy to help them unfuck themselves as best I can lol. 1,000% worth checking out and ordering a set of you ever take someone else with you to the range or have friends/family/teammates that you want to train up.
A533BE7A-1E2F-4B1B-8850-EEBC4191499D.jpeg

Fun Fact: I had just hit send on an email telling them I never received my package (because B Post is an absolute shit show #IfYouThoughtUSPSWasBad #BPostWishesTheyWereAsEfficientAsUSPS) when the neighbor’s kid knocked on the door and handed me my box-o-goodies.

Perfect way to wrap up the week. Family time, Jameo, a Training Sights’ package, and a box of AI goodies.

UK Sporting Services has an awesome CS team. Ordering process was easy, quick, and I think they had my stuff shipped same day. Hardest part was me telling my bank that I’m placing an order from another country lol.View attachment 7442086
As for the Training Sights, this is way better than what we used to do with overlay paper lol. Dude is a HOG and got these sent out to me so I can help the wife unfuck the peeps in her unit with their M17 proficiency (or lack thereof in some cases). The reticle ones are for my weekly zoom classes with my brother and a buddy to help them unfuck themselves as best I can lol. 1,000% worth checking out and ordering a set of you ever take someone else with you to the range or have friends/family/teammates that you want to train up.
View attachment 7442088

Fun Fact: I had just hit send on an email telling them I never received my package (because B Post is an absolute shit show #IfYouThoughtUSPSWasBad #BPostWishesTheyWereAsEfficientAsUSPS) when the neighbor’s kid knocked on the door and handed me my box-o-goodies.

Lol what you want for one of those ai patches?