Accuracy International Picture Thread

pfl338

Luv2#Steel....
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 16, 2020
Fort Worth TX
I believe there is a Scandinavian (showing my ignorance as far as European countries go) company that i ran across on a web search that makes the same style bipod as the elite iron, but it was a company on your side of the pond, the Atlas is a great product also, I just prefer having my rifle below the apex point instead of on top of it.
I believe this is the one i was originally looking at, Fortmeier bipods they are based in the Netherlands

clubsportmark

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2017
Also check out the Tier One Evolution bipod and the Spartan Valhalla bipod which should easily be available for you to get

clubsportmark

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2017
I had one and got rid of it. Stable as hell, worked a charm. That said it hard to alter tension on the fly and found it rattley and annoying. Very loose fit on the spigot unless you crank it all the way down..... which you need an Allen key if it’s the 12 o’clock position so not particularly practical.

Horses for courses though....

chzhd

Private
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2018
I need a hard case for my AXSA and I was looking at the AI Transit case. Anyone have experience with it? Is it worth the $775 vs a Pelican IM3300 or V800 with custom foam?

Defender3

Online Training Member
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2010
Behind Enemy Lines
My used AXMC arrived, my first long action. I changed the 300WM barrel for a 300 PRC. Deciding if it will wear a Deadair Sandman-L or SOCOM 7.62-RC. Now, if I could only get some ammo. :)

ETA - That's my neighbor's crappy fence, my shitake is squared away. ;)

Last edited:

wjm308

Send it!
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2012
Black Forest, CO
View attachment 7431588
I can finally join the club with my “new” MKIII. Now just got to find some glass worthy of sitting on top.
Welcome to the club, an "oldie but goodie" for sure, AI's flat out shoot - old and new. If you're anywhere near Colorado, I'm setting up an AI "Fun Shoot" out near Beuna Vista on October 4th. Don't worry too much about "worthy" glass, you can put a Vortex PST II on there and it'll shoot, image may not be as nice as a TT, but the point is to hit what you're aiming at, and most decent glass can do that today.

Reactions: Leatherlunger

Leatherlunger

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2012
Welcome to the club, an "oldie but goodie" for sure, AI's flat out shoot - old and new. If you're anywhere near Colorado, I'm setting up an AI "Fun Shoot" out near Beuna Vista on October 4th. Don't worry too much about "worthy" glass, you can put a Vortex PST II on there and it'll shoot, image may not be as nice as a TT, but the point is to hit what you're aiming at, and most decent glass can do that today.
That would be a fun shoot! Unfortunately im nowhere near there. The deal i got on this thing from Mile High is too good to print. I got lucky for sure.

wjm308

Send it!
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2012
Black Forest, CO
That would be a fun shoot! Unfortunately im nowhere near there. The deal i got on this thing from Mile High is too good to print. I got lucky for sure.
Mile High is a great group right here in Colorado, sometimes they have amazing deals that are not always advertised, glad you found something that worked for you.

midSCarolina

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2012
I have a MKIII that has the more AT style skins and was looking to change the skins out to the earlier MKIII/MKII style skins and was wondering if anyone knew a good source for something like that?

MACHTECH

Machinist
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2017
Michigan
I have a MKIII that has the more AT style skins and was looking to change the skins out to the earlier MKIII/MKII style skins and was wondering if anyone knew a good source for something like that?
Try Mile High. Mike found me a set of dark earth skins for one of my AW's. They are getting scarce though!

Oh.... and maybe try Tac Pro Shooting in Mingus, TX. He has a lot of extra parts in the back room still I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: midSCarolina

BuLLet

Sergeant (Retired)
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2004
NY
Looking good, now get some loads worked up and let us know how it goes!

Is Dave putting flats on the barrel? Looks like something near the muzzle.

More stuff arrived today, including a 27" 300 PRC barrel by Dave Tooley. Hopefully I can get the new AXMC out soon.

Anyone using a SOCOM 7.62-RC on a 300 PRC or 300WM? Thoughts? TIA.

Reactions: Defender3

Defender3

Online Training Member
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2010
Behind Enemy Lines
Looking good, now get some loads worked up and let us know how it goes!

Is Dave putting flats on the barrel? Looks like something near the muzzle.
I'm going to catalog the first 100-120rds through the barrel as it speeds up using factory H225s. I'll develop a load using N565 and RL26 for the 220 Bergers and H225s.

Cut with 6 flats.

mgrs

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2018
VA
More stuff arrived today, including a 27" 300 PRC barrel by Dave Tooley. Hopefully I can get the new AXMC out soon.

Anyone using a SOCOM 7.62-RC on a 300 PRC or 300WM? Thoughts? TIA.
SOCOM 300 on a 27" TRG .300wm. I bet the RC will have a sharper tone, but is a more durable suppressor than the 300. With a barrel that long, you could probably use most anything.

Reactions: Defender3

Nik H

Constantly Learning
Belligerents
Minuteman
Online Training Access
  • Jan 22, 2014
    Small town New England
    I keep hearing that AI is not meant to be the most accurate rifle out there. They say that it isn't purpose built to deliver accuracy like a fully custom bolt gun....

I also hear that factory ammo can't compete.

Hmmmm.

This was one of yesterday's results while comparing different ammunition.

Ballistic-X-Export-2020-09-27 15:01:17.262930.jpg

This was PRIME 6.5 CM out of my AI AT. It was the best group I shot but the others were all below 0.6MOA at 300 yards. Even the 5 shot groups.

You have to love AI

samb300

Accuracy Obsession, Anarchy Outdoors
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Feb 22, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    I keep hearing that AI is not meant to be the most accurate rifle out there. They say that it isn't purpose built to deliver accuracy like a fully custom bolt gun....

I also hear that factory ammo can't compete.

Hmmmm.

This was one of yesterday's results while comparing different ammunition.

View attachment 7434769

This was PRIME 6.5 CM out of my AI AT. It was the best group I shot but the others were all below 0.6MOA at 300 yards. Even the 5 shot groups.

You have to love AI
    Who the hell says any of that??? I've never heard it, and never thought AI's were viewed as being inferior to customs in the accuracy department.

Reactions: RS14

Nik H

Constantly Learning
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Online Training Access
  • Jan 22, 2014
    Small town New England
    Who the hell says any of that??? I've never heard it, and never thought AI's were viewed as being inferior to customs in the accuracy department.
    I've heard it many times at a number of different places...forums...matches, etc. I never bought it but I have heard it here as well. Look at any of the threads dealing with "should I buy an AI over a blah blah custom". People always state a custom's precision is a reason to go that route.

I have 2 AIs and have never questioned the rifles potential for precision

NoLegs24

Wheels
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Aug 15, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    @Nik H Uhm, an AI is a lot harder to shoot off your belly/ bench than a custom gun built for comps... ain't nothing wrong with admitting that. It's not going to make me switch.But I can see why guys favor other rifles vs AI's...

Maybe you should show them what's up at an actual match? Make them believers?? ;)

Nik H

Constantly Learning
    Belligerents
    Minuteman
    Online Training Access
  • Jan 22, 2014
    Small town New England
    @Nik H Uhm, an AI is a lot harder to shoot off your belly/ bench than a custom gun built for comps... ain't nothing wrong with admitting that. It's not going to make me switch.But I can see why guys favor other rifles vs AI's...

Maybe you should show them what's up at an actual match? Make them believers?? ;)
    LOL...I am a non-competitive type. My mental game prevents me from competing in high pressure situations. So I just smile a lot.