• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Thumb Rest

Any chance this will work on a pre-2014 AICS AX? Buttstock folds to the left side but I want the rest on the right.

Any updates?

I have the AT versions sent out to people for testing, and am waiting for feedback. Then I will incorporate any changes so I can test a "final" design at a PRS match in June. Once that is complete, I am still looking to have final parts in hand ready to ship by the end of June.

Reactions: Basher
Any chance this will work on a pre-2014 AICS AX? Buttstock folds to the left side but I want the rest on the right.

It will work. The Pre-14 AX chassis looks to be the same as the current AT.

Here are is model compatibility for the thumb rest:
- AE MK I/II/III, and original AICS chassis : thumb rest will NOT work
- AW : thumb rest will NOT work

- AT and ATAICS : thumb rest will work on folding stock variants only
---> EDIT: Looking at AI's website, the 223 and 308 ATAICS fixed-stock variants will not work. However, the long action 300WM and 338 fixed-stocks will work, as those have the flush cups installed.

- Pre-14 AX and AXAICS : thumb rest will work (not sure about non-folders, I would need pictures to confirm)
- Current AX308, AXMC, and AXAICS : thumb rest will work (also not sure about non-folders)

All compatible variants will be offered in RH and LH.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyO20
Dang... won’t work on a fixed AIAT. Thats a bummer. Good product regardless.

Dang... won’t work on a fixed AIAT. Thats a bummer. Good product regardless.

Unfortunately AI decided not to put their factory flush cups located within the grip skins (like they have on the folding versions). If one was willing to do permanent modifications to their rifle, they could drill a hole through the chassis in that location and replicate the flush cup of the folding AT, thus allowing the thumb rest to work. Extreme, I know, but technically it would be possible.

Reactions: PBWalsh
This is great! My Manners T4 and buddy's KRG Whiskey had AWESOME thumb holders compared to my AT and it was something I always thought the AT was lacking.

Count me in for an AT and thank you for developing this?

Reactions: Basher
Might get one and epoxy it to a fixed chassis, Looks like it may work, can’t loose for $30.

Last edited:
Any updates?

Me and my buddy shot a PRS match two weeks ago, and the thumb rests worked well. He commented that he really liked it on positional stages where it helped him get a more consistent thumb placement and speed up working the bolt.

I'm going to make a small tweak or two, then get with my printer to talk about a timeline for making the production thumb rests. I'm also still waiting (unfortunately) for more of the threaded metal inserts to make the AT version work. I should be getting more by the end of the month.

My plan is to get the final design in the hands of the printer by the end of June, and open up the official ordering process. I was hoping I'd have final parts ready to ship by the end of this month, but it looks like it will be a week or two into July.

I'll be posting information here, but if you're on facebook and have a minute, 'like' my business page "Accuracy Obsession, LLC" for updates as well.

Thanks!

Looks like a good solution for the guy that can’t keep his thumb from wrapping around

I would love to have two right hand rests! I have 2 pre-2014 AX chassis these would be used on.

I know I keep saying it, but they’ll be here soon. I met up with my printer this weekend at a match and he gave me the final version. It’s looking and feeling good. This thumb rest paired with the new AI comp trigger is a wicked combo for the match shooters out there!

Thanks everyone for the patience, please keep an eye out here. My plan will be to start a group buy thread, but I’ll post the info in this thread as well.

Thanks!

I know I keep saying it, but they’ll be here soon. I met up with my printer this weekend at a match and he gave me the final version. It’s looking and feeling good. This thumb rest paired with the new AI comp trigger is a wicked combo for the match shooters out there!

Thanks everyone for the patience, please keep an eye out here. My plan will be to start a group buy thread, but I’ll post the info in this thread as well.

Thanks!
Thank You Sir. Will be keeping an eye on this thread.

Any updates? I'd like to get an AX thumb rest for a right handed rifle.

Last edited:
Yup, they are printing now. I will create a Group Buy thread, along with updating my facebook business page once they're ready. Should be soon!
Sam

What's the name of your Facebook page? I might have missed it but want to make sure I get in on these asap.

Thanks!

I have a stupid question but I'll ask it anyways. If this were to be installed on a right-handed pre-2014 AX308, would it even be able to be installed on the bolt side since the folding capture is on the left side for the pre-2014? Or for the AT and pre-2014 AX can it only be installed on the non-bolt side?

I have a stupid question but I'll ask it anyways. If this were to be installed on a right-handed pre-2014 AX308, would it even be able to be installed on the bolt side since the folding capture is on the left side for the pre-2014? Or for the AT and pre-2014 AX can it only be installed on the non-bolt side?

Great question. The AT and pre-14 AX are essentially the same, since they have the same buttstock assembly that folds to the non-bolt side. In that setup, the bolt-side flush cup is deleted and replaced with the threaded metal insert from the post-14 AX. That allows the thumb rest to be installed on the bolt side.

For the post-14 AX the plastic stock capture on the bolt-side is deleted, and the thumb rest screws into that metal insert.

Great question. The AT and pre-14 AX are essentially the same, since they have the same buttstock assembly that folds to the non-bolt side. In that setup, the bolt-side flush cup is deleted and replaced with the threaded metal insert from the post-14 AX. That allows the thumb rest to be installed on the bolt side.

For the post-14 AX the plastic stock capture on the bolt-side is deleted, and the thumb rest screws into that metal insert.
So it can be installed on a pre-2014 AX without even messing up the capture mechanism? That sounds great.

So it can be installed on a pre-2014 AX without even messing up the capture mechanism? That sounds great.

Correct. The thumb rest does not interfere with the stock capture on the AT or the pre-14 AX. Unfortunately with the post-14 AX there’s no good way to keep the stock capture since it occupies the same space as the thumb rest. The stock will still fold completely and will not contact the thumb rest, but it won’t “lock” closed.

Correct. The thumb rest does not interfere with the stock capture on the AT or the pre-14 AX. Unfortunately with the post-14 AX there’s no good way to keep the stock capture since it occupies the same space as the thumb rest. The stock will still fold completely and will not contact the thumb rest, but it won’t “lock” closed.
Since I'm getting a pre-2014 AX that's music to my ears. I'm definitely in for one as soon as the group buy goes live.

Ditto - would love one for my AX RH

Last edited: