• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International

Re: Accuracy International

I just know that my AI AW changes a barrel in 10 minutes and will run forever. I live about 35 minutes from tac pro and still remember seeing my first AI AW Rifle. Since then I settled in on the AW 300 win mag cuz reloading it costs a lot less than the 338. The rifle is just more sturdy bonded to the action. I have surgeon rifles in AI chassis and the difference is in the bolt throw. The AI AW has a super short fast throw and triple lugs. Great accuracy goes to the AI AW. It is made to fire what the military gives you and to fire every time. Pinpoint accuracy goes to the 260 rem custom rifles in AI chassis, just cause you can turn necks, spec your reamer for the bullet, etc. For real world conditions the AI AW hands down. For us in competition, the customs are great. just my opinion--good shooting!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Always puts a smile on my face, makes me raise my game, always delivers.

</div></div>

+1

I have had the chance to shoot alot of great rifles in my time...and to be honest if you want to go to the local range and punch paper off of a bench with sandbags and lead sleds etc etc. YOu might just be better off getting yourself a Rem 700 police or LTR or even if you like the guns a super long stick from Savage if you can handle the trigger.

However if you are going to really compete or will be shooting at targets that shoot back and you will be running and breathing hard and sweating and shooting from uncomfortable positions you should reward yourself with a great rifle.

When I started in the business (I just turned 42) I was on a different continent shooting bad guys with a Model 70..wood stock. It worked great........at the time I was kinda proud of the results I got with it. But today I wouldn't do more than hunt with that rifle.

There are alot of overpriced rifles out there......I do not like the TRG's at all.......just don't feel right. I think McMillan..and HS Precison are way overpriced.......great stocks for some uses but their complete rifles are way over priced.....they just aren't much better than a factory Rem 700.

Now the custom makers like GAP, Patriot and the other highline makers can build you a rifle to your own specs and be there in 10 years to service your needs.

NOW AI is the cutting edge.......I don't know on a rifle vs rifle basis locked in shooting vise firing the rifle with an air syringe who would fire the tighter groups. YOu would have to have each producer bring 50 rifles each and test shoot them all to be fair. But where the AI pulls ahead of most I believe is that it shoots like its in a vise when its not.

I don't own an AI...........never have.......but I have shot them. They may cost up front but you only need to buy 1 ever....they are like ROlex watches......when you die you give it to your grandson and he passes it on to his son and so forth and 200 years from now that AI with 500.000 rounds through it will be worth $35,000 and still be cutting edge.

I've been off of this board for awhile.....I just turned 42 a couple days back and the last time I was on the board I never heard of a Vortex scope........The Super Sniper I had on my Rem 700 was not the talk of new upgrades and Lowlight wasn't shooting plain Jane LTR's in his videos...but it makes me feel good to see him shooting a LTR with Super Sniper and ringing the bell evertime versus a Custom GAP in 260 with SB scope.
I have had multiple shoulder surgerys on my right shoulder.....its a no go.....lost 80% use of the arm....no material left to operate on and I am now a cronic pain sufferer.

I am not about to give up long range shooting however.....but I do need a rifle that is easy easy to shoot well and no I can't afford an AI right now. But with all the rifles I have had a chance to operate in my life I am going to try and find a used AI stock that I can drop a rem 700 action into. To me the best thing about AI is the chassis........the whole rifle is a work of functioning art but the chassis is without a doubt the best thing I have ever cradled in my life. Nothing else comes close.

Off topic here....I have spent alot of time watching TV the past couple years trying to heal up. I watch alot of hunting shows. Why do these guys spends so much money going on these big time guided hunts but they are shooting some cheap to average rifle with a sub-par scope and then they want to make an ethical harvest which I am all for........but why is it that these guys devote all there time to trail cams and food plots and they can't harvest a deer past 250 yards from a box blind with a shooting rail on it?? Spend some money on ammo and get to know your weapon.....they spend more on their scent killer than they do on ammo in a year.

I am working on about $36k of med bills that my insurance didn't handle so if anyone knows of a secret Santa that has for sale/trade an AI chassis, rem 700 short action etc please let me know.

I know that the AI chassis is so soft shooting that in 308 it feels like a 22-250.......thats what my old shoulder needs. If it works out I would like to be back out this summer with my new rig......I just wonder if AI would approve of me wearing an AI hat or shirt without me shooting a full AI rig?

I raise and train cutting horses.........I have to cut down on how many I can train now due to injury so if anyone wants a nice futurity prospect in trade for some firearm products let me know.

I heard there was a new Ai with new specs coming out pretty soon in 338lm.
Does anybody have information about it?
Thanks

I never really liked the way the AI's looked in fact I hated them. I only fondled the chasis so it did not seem such a big deal at all to me. Well that was until my buddy let me shoot his AI AWSM .338. I bought one shortly after that, then bought a AW in .308 after that. Then sold all my other rifles and only keep two in my safe now guess which ones.

In my opinion nothing comes close to the way a AI AW feels,nothing! Mine shoots pretty damn good,pretty damn close to other customs I have had, close enough that it does not matter. My buddies AW actually shoots a little better than mine and his has never been cleaned EVER, I MEAN NEVER!! I know he has thousands of rounds through it and the damn thing still looks like mine which is babied and shoots better than mine.

The only word to describe AW's is the word Tank!!

I am the proud new owner of an ai/ae. I have only had it for 3 weeks but I can tell you it is the most favorite of mine and I have only been able to shoot it a few times so far. It shoots extremely good and the ergonomics are great. I have plenty of other guns to choose from but this is the one that I fell head over heals for. I am looking at my next purchase which will be another ai stock for a 300 Rum. Soon after that, I will probably try and move up to the aw. Hopefully not to long from now. Anyways, thanks again for a truly fine weapon of which I do not think there is a comparison. Other customs are good but mine looks and shoots incredibly well.