• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

accuracy problems and questions HELP

kylewal78

Private
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2011
oklahoma
GUN: fn spr a1 20in barrel
SCOPE: schmidt and bender 4x16x50 P4F
i have a aac blackout for my can i took the rifle out today and with and without the suppressor i couldn't get the group i wanted, on a 3in target at 100yds i was all over it not one shot was the same. the scope its tightened to the proper specs and the mount, and the blackout is also torqued to the proper specs.
AMMO: I was shooting 168gr match BTHP prvi partizan and 168gr match BTHP federal. could it be that my rifle doesn't have the right twist rate for 168gr ammo? it has a 1n12 twist, should i try a heavier grain ammo? what are yall recommendations?

Re: accuracy problems and questions HELP

also i would like to add that i don't think it is me the shooter cause i had some other ppl shoot the gun and they too got the same results

If it were me, I'd try some Hornady Superformance and see how that does. Sometimes it's the brand of ammo that a particular rifle doesn't like, and sometimes it's the weight of projectile.

Try it with out the can. I just went through this on my suppressor and the mount had run out. I sent the mount and can back and the manufacture stated it was a bad mount and replaced it. Glad to find a "smoking gun" on that gun I was starting to run out of ideas

Sorry just reread your post. I think the ACC is a screw on can?

the can i have is a aac 762-sd it has a muzzle brake that threads on the barrel and its suppose to stay PUT and mine is working just fine its not coming lose or anything like that

I have used the Prvi Partizan 168 gr HPBT "match" in one of my guns out of curiousity because it was at such a good price at cabelas. I also found it to perform worse than other ammo in that same gun, especially FGMM 168gr BTHP (which really didnt shock me much, cheap price and not american name tends to mean poor quality) however, if the gun was shooting equally as poorly with the FGMM then its most likely either your rig or you. Finally, as caveman said 1:12 perfect for 168 gr bullets. Good luck with solving your problems.

yes caveman it is a newish rifle when i bought it, it had 42 rounds through it and now it has 56 rounds through it, cooper what i plan on doing is buying a few different type of ammo american made that is of 168 and 175 and seeing what works the best. however the only reason i was shooting the partizan is because my roommate bought a 1000 rounds of it and got deployed so i figured he wouldn't notice lol

Take the action out of the stock, check of any crud, replace and torque to spec. Double check torque on scope base and rings.

Look down the bore with a good light and see if there are any dark portions or splotches. There were a few SPR's that had poor hard chrome that flaked off in the bore. Very unlikely but possible.

PPU168BTHP is no better than 1.5moa ammo.

Never seen a SPR that wouldn't shoot. Chances are it's the driver......

i'm starting to lean towards the ammo, i'm not saying i'm a great shooter or a pro but i've done it a while and know when i'm breathing wrong or jerking ya know? that being said i appreciate all the info yall have gave me. i'm gunna get a few different brands of AMERICAN made ammo and test different grains see whats best