• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adapting a atlas clone to arca

Hi Frank, that's well and good about the thread and all and dim views on counterfeit products but are you going to allow blatant racism to continue or not? Do you have as dim a view of racist content as you do of counterfeit products?

Fuck you asshole, I banned the member, hours ago

I don’t need you to tell me how to run my site, now fuck off,

I have no clue who you are to act like you can talk me as if, we are not drinking buddies

Your time on here is about to end, you don’t like how i run my site I will be happy to show you the door

now impress me

Fuck you asshole, I banned the member, hours ago

I don’t need you to tell me how to run my site, now fuck off,

I have no clue who you are to act like you can talk me as if, we are not drinking buddies

Your time on here is about to end, you don’t like how i run my site I will be happy to show you the door

now impress me
I wasn't telling anyone how to do anything. You made no mention of him being banned or even that that sort of stuff can get you banned.
I was pointing out racist content which I didn't think would be appreciated on your website but if you don't want it reported then just say so.
There really was no need to attack me as a whistle blower. If you wish to ban me for calling out racism then I suppose that's what I'll have to deal with. Have a nice day.

Some reports are valid, I don’t want to dismiss them entirely

but I will say 75% are total snowflake reports

This asshole reported it twice just now, like 6 hours after I banned the member, then he came on to tell me how to run the site. Meanwhile if he bothered to look the posted was deleted and there is a line through his name

Well, now Sammy Safety Patrol has a line through his,

Here is some advice: Pretend like this place is a barracks in the military, ask yourself, is this worth running to the Platoon SGT about or is it something I can handle myself, or simply ignore. We do have an ignore button too

Honestly some these snowflakes would run to the Platoon SGT even knowing how it reflects upon themselves. Total kindergarten mentality.

Well
That got interesting!
OP
Don’t buy fake stuff!

Even a Precision Rifle poor such as myself Doesn’t buy that crap.

Yeah glad I got mine when I did as they seemed to disappear for years.
Did a quick check and their website is up and going again though so maybe ask them direct.

http://lraccuracy.com/

I though APO had something to do with the bipods when LRA went offline around 2014, they have pictures of a very similar bipod but no info.

Eurooptic would be a good place to ask as well. they have a few reviews from 2017, 18 and 19 so maybe a few bipods are being made and are getting sent out.

If you ever get one, get the QD hardware as it's a pain otherwise. Also in my quick search I've found out there are fake LRA bipods on ebay and such so bear that in mind if you find a 'second hand' one as it's a bit of money to lose if it is a fake.

I'd consider selling mine but I like it very much. :)
They are back in production it so far they are only marking the ultra light one which I have no interest in. I only want the f class one as a dedicated prone bipod and then I'll use my ckye pod for and other stages

source.gif

Reactions: PAYDIRT
Well, I have a real atlas BT10, and read this entire thread looking for this exact answer. It went downhill so fast I never did see one. Maybe I should start a new thread? Certainly dont want to start this up again.
Frank, do you want to close this out? I hate duplicate threads, but maybe it's better in this case.

Thanks Frank, but I have the BT 10 with the pic rail mount. I need to add an Mlok Arca rail to this rifle and want to keep the BT10. Having used the Arca rail on my other rifle, there is no comparison to the ease of adjustment.

Thanks Frank, but I have the BT 10 with the pic rail mount. I need to add an Mlok Arca rail to this rifle and want to keep the BT10. Having used the Arca rail on my other rifle, there is no comparison to the ease of adjustment.

If I understand correctly, you’re looking for something like the below, right?

Reactions: ryankuhn
I have a Bergara BMP with a short, 9-1/2 inch Mlock fore end. That's measuring from the mag well to the far end of the last, of 4, Mlock slots. I would like to put an ARCA rail on this rifle and use the BT10 that I have. Unfortunately, I did not buy the no clamp model, but went with the Pic rail screw clamp, which is on a 5 slot section of pic rail. In an ideal world, I would get the Area 419 rail and clamp, but the clamp is made for the no clamp BT 10, although they do have a couple of rails that might work. Sorry for the rambling post, but maybe more information is better.
If you see a lightly used BT10 in the PX sometime soon, it might be mine.

KRG has a RRS dovetail clamp you can mount a Magpul moe rail on as well. Probably costs more than the atlas "clone" did by itself, though.

a drill some duct tape maybe some bubble gum and bailing twine and you can make almost any thing in the world lol seen it work on cars why not firearms .

We once duct taped a tie rod end on a company truck to get home. Cheap sob's wouldn't spend a nickle on maintenance. Or wages, now that I think on it.
And yes, I do live in the deep south.

Don't let the guys get to you, they are 100% correct, but they don't mean any harm. Our sport is not one that makes companies boatloads of money, so even one knock off purchased stifles future R&D and just gives more jobs to Chinese cheats and less to our own economy. Just food for thought next time you come across a fake product.
"Buy once cry once"

Now with that being said, look at Area 419 they will be your best bet.

Well, I have a real atlas BT10, and read this entire thread looking for this exact answer. It went downhill so fast I never did see one. Maybe I should start a new thread? Certainly dont want to start this up again.
Frank, do you want to close this out? I hate duplicate threads, but maybe it's better in this case.
I have a Bergara BMP with a short, 9-1/2 inch Mlock fore end. That's measuring from the mag well to the far end of the last, of 4, Mlock slots. I would like to put an ARCA rail on this rifle and use the BT10 that I have. Unfortunately, I did not buy the no clamp model, but went with the Pic rail screw clamp, which is on a 5 slot section of pic rail. In an ideal world, I would get the Area 419 rail and clamp, but the clamp is made for the no clamp BT 10, although they do have a couple of rails that might work. Sorry for the rambling post, but maybe more information is better.
If you see a lightly used BT10 in the PX sometime soon, it might be mine.
What Lowlight linked is what you want.

To make it more plain let me explain.

On the clamp that Lowlight posted in the details it shows this.
Screenshot_20200525-214138_Chrome.jpg

To see if yours is compliant which it should be compare to these pics. Note my atlas is the no dye cal and my clamp is the rrs sclr with the adapter that is required for the lever style. Your clamp should have screws like these. Take them out.
20200525_214659.jpg

Underneath it should look like this.
20200525_214704.jpg

If it looks like this it'll work.

The clamp style on the btc pro and the sclr both fit picatinny and arca.
20200525_214728.jpg
20200525_214725.jpg

What Lowlight linked is what you want.

To make it more plain let me explain.

He indicated that his doesn’t have that interface (because it’s not a NC model). It’s 1913 only. Hence needing the 1913 Adaptor section to be able to attach an Arca Mount to the bipod via the Adaptor.

He indicated that his doesn’t have that interface (because it’s not a NC model). It’s 1913 only. Hence needing the 1913 Adaptor section to be able to attach an Arca Mount to the bipod via the Adaptor.
The only difference between the NC vs the others is the NC has no clamp pre installed. They have to attach the clamp somehow. Why make more it more complicated than they need to? Here is a pic of the bt10 lw17. Do those screws look familiar? Open your eyes.
317SwGqPg3L._AC_SX425_.jpg

Also reread that screenshot from the rrs page. It says bt10. It does not say bt10-NC only. The - numbers or letters don't matter because they all legitimate ones have those 2 screws.

Edit:I was wrong in this post. Didn't realize the basic bt10 version existed.

Last edited:
This is what mine looks like. I think B&T charges $120 to remove the pic clamp and install a ARCA clamp. If it was just 2 screws, I dont think it would be that much.
20200526_121419.jpg

Reactions: LeftyJason
The only difference between the NC vs the others is the NC has no clamp pre installed. They have to attach the clamp somehow. Why make more it more complicated than they need to? Here is a pic of the bt10 lw17. Do those screws look familiar? Open your eyes.

Also reread that screenshot
from the rrs page. It says bt10. It does not say bt10-NC only. The - numbers or letters don't matter because they all legitimate ones have those 2 screws.

I trust that you’ve ascertained the error in your ways based on the last two posts. You can mail me a bottle of scotch.

That’s why this: https://www.area419.com/product/picatinny-1913-rail-for-arcalock-clamps/ Is needed.

Plus a clamp.

View attachment 7336396

Also reread that screenshot from the rrs page. It says bt10. It does not say bt10-NC only. The - numbers or letters don't matter because they all legitimate ones have those 2 screws.

You don't know what you're talking about.

There is a picatinny only version that has two screws, no clamp, period. It won't work with a clamp, period.

It's two screw picatinny ONLY. That's what he's trying to adapt.

Cleanest solution is have it upgraded to a NC model by B&T. Workaround is an ARCA mount with a pic rail in the bottom.

I trust that you’ve ascertained the error in your ways based on the last two posts. You can mail me a bottle of scotch.

That’s why this: https://www.area419.com/product/picatinny-1913-rail-for-arcalock-clamps/ Is needed.

Plus a clamp.
I was wrong. I didn't realize that version existed. I tried to tailor my response to ascertain if he had the 2 screw version. To be fair they don't show very good pics of the tops of the bipods. I guessed he had the lw17 version. I was waiting for a response from him.

BTW I don't drink so does me admitting I was wrong on the internet count?

Reactions: n00g7
I didn't realize that version existed. <blah blah>

BTW I don't drink so does me admitting I was wrong on the internet count?

Yeah, that was clear, he specifically confirmed it was the version which you didn’t think existed before you went all, “you’re blind and dumb!”

So, just needed to rub it in your face a bit after the extra effort you put in to imply that the rest of us were blind when you were over there all Helen fucking Keller. 🙂