• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adhesive suede for cheek weld?

dcnyli

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Anyone know who makes or sells an adhesive suede similar to the suede on the stock packs like tac ops or triad? Looking to cover my Carsten & a5 adjustable stock....

You can find moleskin in black, usually comes in tan. Its cheap enough to just put a new piece on. I made a wooden cheek rest then covered it with moleskin. It sticks and is soft and cheap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

thank you, that's basically what I'm looking to do. The Wiebad is basically it but I'm looking for the "cheap ass heck" option after blowing all my $ on 2 customs this past year.

I picked up a piece of black leather from the local craft supply store and used a liberal coating of rubber cement to put it on the cheek riser for my KRG X-Ray. So far, it has worked fairly well, and it's easy to remove if need be.

I picked up a piece of black leather from the local craft supply store and used a liberal coating of rubber cement to put it on the cheek riser for my KRG X-Ray. So far, it has worked fairly well, and it's easy to remove if need be.

bullseye! Thank you WoodenPlank, didn't think to use rubber cement, perfect for this application and if I wanna pull it off it's clean.

bullseye! Thank you WoodenPlank, didn't think to use rubber cement, perfect for this application and if I wanna pull it off it's clean.

Yep, and any residue that's left is easy to peel off. The leather I used isn't really padding, but it feels a lot better against my face than the hard plastic the cheek riser is made from. I put rubber cement around the edges at the front of the cheek riser and along the edge next to my face to keep the leather from being peeled back by my face and goatee rubbing on it. The other edges just got a healthy coating between the leather and the plastic. Bonus, the rough side of the leather can be really heavily coated with rubber cement, and it does a great job of helping adhere the leather to the plastic.

I use the soft side of industrial Velcro. Cheap, replaceable and it doesn't make me sweat when sitting in contact with it for a long time.

I use moleskin on all my adjustable cheek pieces. Works great when your sweating and cheaply and easily replaced. I have use both black and camo moleskin on my bow so I know they make it in various colors. I would check with some of the big archery supply sites such as the one mentioned above and Lancaster Archery.

Brooks Tactical Systems sells a 5"-8" sheet that worked perfectly on my AICS cheek piece. Not as cheap as moleskin but a really clean look and has held up nicely.

How about a mouse pad.. I use the 3m adhesive and cut a piece to match. Wears well and is very comfortable...

i use velcro, the soft side obviously goes on the cheek rest. The velcro alone is better than nothing plus it allows you to switch a good pad from stock to stock. Sticky velcro is everywhere and its cheap.

I picked up some suede elbow patches at the local fabric store. They are about $10 for a set. Trim to fit and Shoe Goo to the stock. I prefer the suede to mole skin, not as rough on the face.

Last edited:
So it turns out the leather wasn't giving enough padding, as my stock was doing a good job beating up my face this past weekend. I have an email in to WieBad about a stock pad for the KRG X-Ray riser right now, just waiting to hear back.