• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Advice to my Friends

Sgt.Henry

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2009
a shipping container, Kabul
1. You really shouldn't drink beer in the PD parking lot after the 2-10 shift.
2.If you did drink beer in the PD parking lot, Its really not a good idea to go shoot out street lights with your buddies
3.You really should have headed home before daylight.
4.Street Lights are alot more expensive that you think.
5. The Major over Patrol has NO sense of humor.
6. 3 days suspension aren't really as bad as they sound.(tell your wife you're burning off comp time)
7.Getting drunk and surfing Gunbroker really just makes it worse.

Re: Advice to my Friends

There is a story there
grin.gif

Cheers,

Doc

The back parking lot has been the downfall of many a good officer. We finally got to where we'd go to the range and lock the gate behind us. I feel queasy just thinking about that.
Dang I'm glad I quit drinkin!

Looks like I'll have to start taking the long way around to Oxford, instead of going through Pontotoc.

Try lights on a large radio tower......( No, it wasn't me, but the character who did got his court martial pretty darn quick!))....

John

Our town has a little helium blimp that's used to advertise local events.
Some days that damned thing calls out to me from about a mile away.

"Try me.... try me...."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntatnight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try lights on a large radio tower......( No, it wasn't me, but the character who did got his court martial pretty darn quick!))....

John </div></div>
Let me guess...wanted one of "those light bulbs" for a keepsake.
They're a heck of a lots bigger and a whole lot hotter once you get up there.
Still bet it's a kickass story.

Back before I went USMC, I used to change those bulbs on power towers and railway bridges for the Pennsylvania RR. Pucker factor is genuine. By the time I got 300ft up, I could crap diamonds.

Greg

When I was the local Electrical Inspector, I got a call for inspecting floodlights on a water tower. Whipped out my spotting scope, declared the job safe, after seeing they were in conduit, and clamped to the water tower rail. Guy says as I was filling out the sticker, aren't you going up to look at them? Are you nuts? This is a minimum fee inspection, and I don't risk my ass for $25.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xs hedspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I was the local Electrical Inspector, I got a call for inspecting floodlights on a water tower. Whipped out my spotting scope, declared the job safe, after seeing they were in conduit, and clamped to the water tower rail. Guy says as I was filling out the sticker, aren't you going up to look at them? Are you nuts? This is a minimum fee inspection, and I don't risk my ass for $25. </div></div>

I appreciate non-stupid inspectors on my jobsites.
grin.gif
After a Building inspector bounced (from 2 stories no less), Tampa relented on the insistence they walk the sheathing of new homes, prior to dry in. A very costly settlement influenced their decision!

I hope that tower project wasn't what made you become a <span style="text-decoration: underline">former</span> electrical inspector.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hatchie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntatnight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try lights on a large radio tower......( No, it wasn't me, but the character who did got his court martial pretty darn quick!))....

John </div></div>
Let me guess...wanted one of "those light bulbs" for a keepsake.
They're a heck of a lots bigger and a whole lot hotter once you get up there.
Still bet it's a kickass story. </div></div>

Heck of a story, one day he was working the 3-11, went off shift, tried some target practice after lubricating himself, was arrested by the First Shirt, the next day his locker was cleaned out and a date was set for the court martial.....fortunately he was a bad shot, no one got hurt, and thank God there were no housing developments in the area at the time.....

John

The locals here have banned metallic helium balloons. Seems these balloons down the electricity when they hit the wires causing pandemonium and mass outages like a weapon of mass disruption.

Only if one was really drunk, seems like better fun than surfing gunbroker at those prices, what if you hit "buy it now" by accident?!

I could crap diamonds.

Greg[/quote]

A new favorite. Right up there with "You couldn't have pulled a needle out of his ass with a tractor"

I always wanted to take a shot at the J-LENS over VBC with the .50 cal...

Haji dumped rounds at that thing all the time and never hit it.

Bart

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marauder4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always wanted to take a shot at the J-LENS over VBC with the .50 cal...

Haji dumped rounds at that thing all the time and never hit it.

Bart </div></div>They can take a surprising number of rounds before falling out of the sky - plus, most of the folks shooting at it don't accurately adjust for elevation and range, and miss below. But even if they were hit, they're pretty good self-sealing critters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt Henry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. You really shouldn't drink beer in the PD parking lot after the 2-10 shift.
2.If you did drink beer in the PD parking lot, Its really not a good idea to go shoot out street lights with your buddies
3.You really should have headed home before daylight.
4.Street Lights are alot more expensive that you think.
5. The Major over Patrol has NO sense of humor.
6. 3 days suspension aren't really as bad as they sound.(tell your wife you're burning off comp time)
7.Getting drunk and surfing Gunbroker really just makes it worse.
</div></div>

Very sound advice!

My development has one of the stupid little blimps anchored about 750y directly off my balcony, the backdrop is a national park forest...

I have not and will not actually range it because that's taking the first step to you know what...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Need pictures of the drunken gunbroker scores!! </div></div>

LMAO, I'll be having a "Divorce Sale" soon. I'll be putting all the pics up on the Post Exchange