• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision Bolt Gun Teaser (Now newly announced SABR thread)

All the wannabe AI guys hoping they can get the same thing at 1/3 the price
7690CA1F-680A-4F81-8875-FC9CF7B6BFD7.png

Last edited:
Savage small shank barrel threads.

Integral recoil lug and integral rail. Sub 1k for action. Not Bad.

Reactions: 308pirate
price point and barrel threads is the biggest thing

1k ain't happening. it's 2022

but if it can switch bolt heads and stuff like that i'm in.

Agree.

I like it.

Not sure I like it more than a SOTIC, but I like it.

Feature list from the video seems to be:

Action:
- Rem pattern
- 3-lug, 60 degree throw
- Salvage small shank barrels
- Swappable bolt heads
- Integral lug
- 20 moa rail
- Sub-$1k

Chassis:
- Springy butt plate
- Lots-O-Aluminum
- Operator Dude Green
- $1,100

May have missed a few points on the chassis, didn't look that interesting, but the action could be neat.

If anyone catches the MSRP please post up.
So far sub 1k action and chassis around 1k mark.

Honestly I don't know that means, but I can almost guarantee it isn't the $1800 price of a Havak.

I don't think it will bring down prices of current offerings. Im saying they could take a share of the market thats isn't touched if they come in cheap enough.

LOL

This market knowledge, where does it come from?

I've owned chassis that members of this forum fawn over that I though were garbage (and vice versa). I'm not in the market for a new chassis but when I am I'll certainly consider the Aero. Aero looks like it is doing good things.

Are Aero Precision products junk?
not at all, big fan of their products and own quite a bit however; new bolt gun vs established names, nothing too innovative to warrant price vs established names etc..

I'm not even sure that the tikka tac a1 wouldn't be a better option with it's known accuracy, folding stock, etc.

Last edited:
At those prices just pickup an ARC Nuke and Xylo when they have one of their awesome sales...
That’s what I would do but I can see some gasser fan boy thinking “oh,,,I can be OAF with a bolt gun to match my aero M5 build” and they are going to be getting into a quite functional platform.

A few years ago barrel nut pre fits were an important feature to me before I started cutting my own.
I’ve burned out quite a few and the easy availability and install is nice.

I see it as another option is the normal price range.

It obviously not some super value option like savage used to be but not really much more expensive than the tikka option with a few added features.

Reactions: celltech
the chassis looks very MDT'ish. Looks a little lower profile which would be good.

Didn't mention trigger compatibility - 700?
Yes, compatible with R700 triggers. Per another video that got posted of a conversation with a different Aero rep.

I’m still curious to see details of the bolt head. Sliding plate or claw type extraction? Don’t believe that’s been mentioned yet.

not at all, big fan of their products and own quite a bit however; new bolt gun vs established names, nothing too innovative to warrant price vs established names etc..

I would not make a decision like that until I had a chance to at least see the new rifle in person.

Not being an "established name" in bolt action rifles doesn't mean much to me. At some point in time in the past, Seekins was not an "established name" in bolt action rifles.

People are having a hard time comprehending the basic concept that in 2022 industry pricing structures are likely to be in a major upheaval.

We are in the midst of the worst inflation since the 80s and a global pandemic. Potato 🥔 head POTUS seems to be doing nothing but making things worst, with no end in sight.

I have been waiting for carburetors to come from Mikuni America, that were promised 1st week in Nov 2021. Now they have them but they are down to one warehouse worker, because everyone is out sick with the current Covid strain. That’s just one part, out of hundreds that I am fighting to get, or has doubled in price.

Also people are acting like there is no “wait” for any products right now. More options means more opportunity to buy something in stock.

ANY company that does anything for us right now should be applauded for their efforts. We should look at pricing and realize that by Q2,3 or 4 we just might just see their pricing as a deal.

@Aero Precision thank you! I have purchased a lot of your products and have been very happy with them. It will be interesting to see how you guys evolve in the bolt action market, as time goes by. Best of luck!

Yes, compatible with R700 triggers. Per another video that got posted of a conversation with a different Aero rep.

I’m still curious to see details of the bolt head. Sliding plate or claw type extraction? Don’t believe that’s been mentioned yet.
Pic I saw of it looks like a sliding plate and also had dual ejectors.

ETA: Credit to 8541 Tactical

272098520_4715904948445166_1323787571779438176_n.jpg

I think the stock adjustments are slick. Chassis has a prototype mdt ess look to it to me meh... Action looks interesting tho
Seems to me that this would be the first integral lug and rail action sub $1k. The competition is $1350 and $1450 respectively(curtis and terminus). The ultimatum, that doesn't have an integral rail, is $1300.

Not earth shattering, but moving in the right direction for sure.

Chassis is priced to compete with MPA and ACC. I don't think it can compete.
I would not make a decision like that until I had a chance to at least see the new rifle in person.

Not being an "established name" in bolt action rifles doesn't mean much to me. At some point in time in the past, Seekins was not an "established name" in bolt action rifles.
Agree with this. Also I like Seekins but every Havak Action I've felt has been insanely rough. Not exactly a high bar IMO.

Chassis is priced to compete with MPA and ACC. I don't think it can compete.

Agree with this. Also I like Seekins but every Havak Action I've felt has been insanely rough. Not exactly a high bar IMO.

I chose Seekins as an example of someone who, at one point, wasn't associated with bolt action rifles. I personally don't know if their Havak rifles are awesome, average, or complete dog shit.

People amuse me when they forget that every "established" company at some point was new, and many didn't bring revolutionary products to the table.

So the statements that Aero Precision isn't an established player, or doesn't bring anything revolutionary, or isn't bargain-basement priced sound pretty dumb when you think about it.

Seems to me that this would be the first integral lug and rail action sub $1k. The competition is $1350 and $1450 respectively(curtis and terminus). The ultimatum, that doesn't have an integral rail, is $1300.

Not earth shattering, but moving in the right direction for sure.
Kelbly Prometheus is $1300 and has both.

Personally, IDGAF about an integral rail. Actually prefer not to have one.

Kelbly Prometheus is $1300 and has both.

Personally, IDGAF about an integral rail. Actually prefer not to have one.
Cost to manufacture has alway been a barrier to them. My first surgeon was $1250 nearly 15 years ago. Now aero adds a bunch of features and are able to push the cost way down. Whether you like the feature or not, its a good thing from a manufacturing standpoint.

So the statements that Aero Precision isn't an established player, or doesn't bring anything revolutionary, or isn't bargain-basement priced sound pretty dumb when you think about it.
Gonna have to agree here.

Aero m4e1 lowers are a pretty solid way of them dropping their balls on the table if someone challenges their ability to "innovate".

They took a product that most companies used without change (stripped lowers) and managed to innovate it, with MULTIPLE good enhancements, and still keep the price point competitive.

They did the same thing with the atlas handguards and the mount system (as opposed to the traditional timed barrel nut and button head screw mount).

Then they did it again with redesigning the buffer tube.

Time and time and again this company continues to prove that they know their shit when it comes to improving designs and keeping product costs down.

Odds are whatever product aero releases for their $2000 bolt action, is gonna be a shit-ton of rifle for the money.

I get that and don't disagree but in unison with options, unknown performance and what it comes with I think it stands the merit. How is this better, while being more money, than the tikka a1 or even the rpr? sub 1500 I take a shot, at this price I go Seekins with proven performance.

Reactions: reubenski
I get that and don't disagree but in unison with options, unknown performance and what it comes with I think it stands the merit. How is this better, while being more money, than the tikka a1 or even the rpr? sub 1500 I take a shot, at this price I go Seekins with proven performance.
maybe it doesn't have plastic parts like the tikka

As a victim of the current tikka/beretta "customer service" repair relationship, I won't ever buy another tikka product again. Those of us who dump $2000 or more into bolt gun builds, when something breaks and takes 6+ months just to get it looked at, thats enough of a reason to not buy it. Who wants to roll the dice on having a repair take your build out for an entire season?

I agree with you on proven performance for the money, but time is really the only difference in that equation. I wont be buying an aero bolt gun when they first come out, but a year in or so, probably will pick one up.

As a victim of the current tikka/beretta "customer service" repair relationship, I won't ever buy another tikka product again. Those of us who dump $2000 or more into bolt gun builds, when something breaks and takes 6+ months just to get it looked at, thats enough of a reason to not buy it. Who wants to roll the dice on having a repair take your build out for an entire season?

I agree with you on proven performance for the money, but time is really the only difference in that equation. I wont be buying an aero bolt gun when they first come out, but a year in or so, probably will pick one up.
hard to argue that!

Nobody wants a barrel nut. And yes at this price point I would expect shouldered prefits. The other features don't make an action for me.
You and I agree on barrel nuts, but the market disagrees. Many people like them as theyre still by far the cheapest prefits. Since its available as a bare action, ditch the barrel nut if you want. If i end up with one, thats what I’ll do.

I see this as competition for the Savage Elite Precsision with a simialr chassis and way better action.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie