• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

After almost a year... (EDM / RND / NF / PVS-22)

Re: After almost a year... (EDM / RND / NF / PVS-22)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Long_Action</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need to finish the handle/mounts but the RND bipod is very well built.
</div></div>

Nice patio - been working on a paver and a Arizona Moss Rock patio the past several months with my spare time. Oh yeah, the EDM looks great. Any chance on fabricating anymore of those handles up and a way to mount them to the handguard?

The EDM is absolutly beautiful!!!

I have always loved their rifles!!
Now you need the PVS-27!!

Well....... I have the handle & mount machined and fitted to the hand guard. I sitll need to drill/tap a few holes to keep everything together. I also need to make a lock for the rear stock rails and adjustable cheek riser. I will try to get a few prints/dimensions posted.

L1070590.jpg

L1070588.jpg

L1070589.jpg

Any trouble with getting the correct eye relief given the length of the buttstock rails?

Very nice - and robust! Looking forward to seeing the specs.

I have everything buttoned up now.... pics w/rough specs of handle. The bipod is now rock solid with the handle/keyed mount.

L1070600.jpg

L1070601.jpg

L1070602.jpg

L1070604.jpg

L1070605.jpg

L1070608.jpg

Nice job Long_action. I want one for my Windrunner now.

L1070601.jpg

Long_Action, that is one hell of a nice rifle build! I hope it shoots as good as it looks! Bravo L_A, Bravo!

Do you have a hard case for that, or it has to be broken down to components for transport?

What are the tolerances for the collar sliding onto the tube? It looks like minimal gap, so assuming it is a fairly tight fit w/o the need to clamp down like the original Chey-Tac clamp?

Hopefully the CNC guy I have here can whip up something just as nice. Maybe I missed it in the text/pics, but what did you use to secure the handle to the receiver?

The RND tube measures 2.200" off the top of my head. I bored the collar on a vertical mill to 2.202/2.203..... The RND tube varies slightly in dia and roundness. When installing the mount it is a light press fit(slides on with moderate pressure.... 2 hands!) The keyway aligns the handle to the mount and 2 -10/32 button heads lock everything together. I don't think the cheytac design is all that great(thats why they also have a handle) I machined angles on the mount that match the receiver on the gun as well(they also help the bipod legs clear)

Man it sure has been a long two weeks for pics of the new set up. Anyone have any updates? I may have to start looking at the snipers choice again if I do not get any type of update.

I think RND is still manufactuing the bi-pod the same way. LMK if you want any other pics of the windrunner.

Lloyd told me that were going to have a new and improved version with a few modifications. I have had the tube for a while now but waiting for the bipod. Long Action the windrunner looks great.

Re: After almost a year... (EDM / RND / NF / PVS-2

L1070601.jpg

Now it all needs is to be cerakote'd in Coyote Tan. awesome rifle!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Long_Action</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tan? I live in Michigan....thinking greenish? </div></div>
Coyote Tan! or krylon to your area. that would be slicker than owl snot.

Fantastic rifle and mods-can't wait to get Lloyd to modify mine, then a USO to top it off.

Here are a few pictures of the new bipods. He wanted to make something for his 50 that is beefy.He has several different versions.This one also has a derlin insert to keep from maring the tube and make it rock solid.You can move the legs forward or backward and at different angles for extreme uphill and down hill shooting.The legs are solid not tubing for long life and there are no exposed springs. The legs are spring loaded to pop back up like a Harris bipod.He is making a bunch of different lengths as well.
DSC_0368.jpg

DSC_0367.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg

You can see the difference between the lighter version.
DSC_0295.jpg

His new website has more pictures.
http://www.rndrifles.com/

Wow - that new bipod is pretty slick. I like how he did away with the friction lock and went with the positive locking notch for the leg adjustments. Might be ordering one of these....

Looks good..... need to remember if you have a big scope the larger feet may hit it when the bipod is folded!

Mine should be in the mail. Will post pics when I get her mounted up.

Cool Beans....you going to mount a handle as well?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Long_Action</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool Beans....you going to mount a handle as well? </div></div>

You offering up to make a run? I could use one for mine....

I am going to do some type of handle but have not decided what kind, I agree Krecon1 maybe LA will do a group buy, hint, hint

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blaster7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to do some type of handle but have not decided what kind, I agree Krecon1 maybe LA will do a group buy, hint, hint </div></div>

The other option is to find a local CNC guy and work with him to build one up. That's probably the way I'll be going - I've just been too busy with other projects to see this one through at the moment.

Sorry but I have 2 scoot project in the garage and a porsche that needs some love as well. Just don't have the time or energy to make a group buy.

Well I got my RND 200 bipod and it was well worth the wait. I think I could probably park my truck on. This thing is rock solid and user friendly. Jimmy stole my thunder and already posted pics. Buy once cry once, it is definetly worth the money.

Beautiful set up. Thought about getting an EDM A while back might get one now

I was just kidding jimmy, I appreciate your help and input. I will try to get some pics up.

If you want a handle Lloyd is making one that is a little different than the Cheytac one but to fit his hand guard.
handle1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy M40a2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want a handle Lloyd is making one that is a little different than the Cheytac one but to fit his hand guard.
handle1.jpg

</div></div>

Wow...Llyod is just kickin out the new goods at the rapid rate. Looking at the pic I'm guessing it just clamps to the rail via some torx/allen screws on the opposite side? Is the rear mount going to have a QD pin or is it solid enough on a EDM's bi-pod mount that it doesn't need it? Either way it looks great.

can you post some better pics of the rnd carry handle.... Just wonder how he mounted it?

Jimmy you are killing me, I was hoping to announce Lloyd's new handle (just talked to him and got the email), and be on the cutting edge of the new products but you beat me to it. Again. Damn Coloradians. Just kidding buddy, definetly looking forward to lloyd releasing a price and availibility of the handle. I am still working on the pics of the rifle and bipod.

Sorry Blaster! I will have to cordinate with lloyd so you can unveil his next project
smile.gif

The handle attatches like a scope rings.

Does RND make a support for the rear rails....this may be my next project!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy M40a2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Long Action- what rear rails are you referring to? </div></div>

I wondered that myself when I first read it, but I think he means the rails to the telescoping buttstock....and if Llyod makes a rail stiffening bar similiar to what EDM offers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krecon1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy M40a2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Long Action- what rear rails are you referring to? </div></div>

I wondered that myself when I first read it, but I think he means the rails to the telescoping buttstock....and if Llyod makes a rail stiffening bar similiar to what EDM offers. </div></div>

Bingo!

LA,
check out DylanS stock stiffners that he made. If you made you handle these should be a cake walk, and I would imagine more effective.

The stiffeners I made are a night and day difference in the accuracy of the rifle. I was getting 3moa out of it before. After, I got down to .3 moa and was able to take 2000+ yard shooting with it. I highly recommend doing this upgrade. I am parkerizing them this weekend.

I have tried the rail stiffeners and they do help. When I am just going out to have fun and let people shoot my windrunner i just take the standard rods. But when I go out to do some serious shooting I swap out the rods.

4.jpg

2fa149d3.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dylanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The stiffeners I made are a night and day difference in the accuracy of the rifle. I was getting 3moa out of it before. After, I got down to .3 moa and was able to take 2000+ yard shooting with it. I highly recommend doing this upgrade. I am parkerizing them this weekend.

I have tried the rail stiffeners and they do help. When I am just going out to have fun and let people shoot my windrunner i just take the standard rods. But when I go out to do some serious shooting I swap out the rods.

4.jpg

2fa149d3.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
</div></div>

You just may have to market those!!

I thought the stiffners just slid over the existing rails on the stock cheek piece. I did not know that you made the entire assembly. Do you think a slide over version would be as effective?
PS Lloyd sent me some exclusive pics of his new handle that not even Jimmy has so I can post them and in return I feel a little bit more important. I will try to get all the pics up in the next day or two.