• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

After almost a year... (EDM / RND / NF / PVS-22)

Re: After almost a year... (EDM / RND / NF / PVS-2

in my humble opinion some slide over stiffener would help but here are my concerns.
In order to make this thing stiff you don't want to let the rod bend at the joint where it just meets the rifle. You want it as tight as possible. That is why I added the bolts on the end to allow me to securely bolt it to the rifle. Even when I unbolt my stiff ones I notice that it isn't as rigid. It still allows the rods to twist. If you can come up with a way that a slide on tube goes over the existing rods and somehow expands to take up all the slack then you should be in business. Unfortunately you can only expand one side of the rails due to no locking feature on the right side rod assy. This is the reason why I went this way.

Here's a pic, (Iphone pic) of my EDM. Will be looking to get Llyod's new bi-pod and handle once he's in full production with them. Might look at making a set of those replacement rails for the stock in house....

EMDM96.jpg

Mountain Rogue, hate to be nosey but how much did the rifle cost without the the optics? Thats got me thinking now. The rifle looks great, I love the looks of it.

Re: After almost a year... (EDM / RND / NF / PVS-22)

Here is a few pics. A few of the nice features that this bipod has is.
1-built like a tank
2-Feet swivel at the base to ensure the most contact on the shooting surface.
3-Derlin inserts protect the handguard from being scratched and make a nice smooth surface [img:center]
50caliber-1.jpg
[/img] [img:center]
50caliber10.jpg
50caliber7.jpg
[/img] for the bipod to swivel on.
4-Interchangeable feet
These were a few of the features that I was not even aware of that make this an even better product than I even thought before.

Here are some exclusive pics from Lloyd of his handle to try and make me feel special. (kind of worked) [img:center]
DSC_0223.jpg
DSC_0222.jpg
[/img]

You guys are making me miss my Windrunner
wink.gif

That new stock in the pic above is nice. I think a folding or collapsing stock is important for a rifle that large just for the sake of transportability (few hard or soft cases could handle the full extended length), however I personally never liked the EDM collapsible stock for a variety of reasons.

Yeah Dogtown I wish mine had that folding stock, it is rock solid.

That bipod looks nice. I am still waiting to get mine swapped out.

He only sent me the pic and said that it was exclusive and not even jimmy had it. No details though.

This thread keep getting better. I'm glad I waited before ordering, Lloyd just keeps improving the existing offerings and adding new ones. +1 on getting that stock!

it looks like the rod guides on the side of the reciever are completely removed and all the recoil would be taken up by the aluminum piece that holds the trigger guard and handle.

got a question for you emd owners. i read from an earlier page that the 50 cal (m96) receiver is different from the their xm408 receiver, im assuming different as in larger. now is the xm408 receiver also larger than their m98 reciever? from the specs on the site it says that the m96 weight 34 lbs, while the 408 and 338 weight 24 and 22 respectively.

Yes, the M96 is the big receiver, the XM04 is slightly scaled down and the M98 is scaled down even further. After handling the M96 for a while, the M98 seems like a .22LR
wink.gif

The xm04 will also convert to 50bmg but as a single shot.

thanks for the clarification dogtown. i was looking at buying the m98 and maybe buy an 408 conversion later, assuming that the recievers for the xm and the 98 were the same. i was hoping the extra weight was just from a larger contour and longer barrel. uugh but this means i would have to do it the other way around and buy the 408 first and then buy a 338 conversion. well it looks like its going to be ramen for lunch and dinner for me for a very long time.

Blaster it's an old project that Lloyd has slowly resurrected. The receiver is different than an EDM and he made it with the folding stock. I think he is going to do a 375 out of it at some point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zinny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this means i would have to do it the other way around and buy the 408 first and then buy a 338 conversion.</div></div>

Yup, the .408 receiver can accept the .338LM conversion but the M98 is too small to accept the .408 (as far as I know). There's at least one Windrunner owner I know of who has an XM04 with a 510DTC and a .338LM conversion only - that one receiver being the bridge for both calibers.

Jimmy, Was not sure if lloyd was going to try and retrofit that to fit the windrunner, I appreciate the clarification. thanks

If you cut off the exisying sides it leaves some big holes but we are figuring out some othet options.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blaster7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are some exclusive pics from Lloyd of his handle to try and make me feel special. (kind of worked) [img:center]
DSC_0223.jpg
DSC_0222.jpg
[/img] </div></div>

Hi Blaster
This stock, who makes it?
Sorry for the OT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stalker21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blaster7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are some exclusive pics from Lloyd of his handle to try and make me feel special. (kind of worked) [img:center]
DSC_0223.jpg
DSC_0222.jpg
[/img] </div></div>

Hi Blaster
This stock, who makes it?
Sorry for the OT</div></div>
Loyd at RND
http://www.rndrifles.com/home/
Don't bother asking you can't have one cuz' I'm first.
smile.gif

Anyone seen an availability date or price on the Handles?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blaster7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone seen an availability date or price on the Handles? </div></div>

I received an email from Llyod a couple weeks ago - he stated they were making a few minor changes, but didn't have a solid date and price.

I've been talking to Lloyd about it- He says that the handle is ready to go, will be on the website real soon, and will run around $250. He sent me a photo, and it looks real nice, matte black, very pretty. I can't find it right now, but if you contact him he might send you the very same photo.

From the picture it looks like it has a pin to engage the receiver, and attaches to the handguard with a short section of rail if you don't have a long rail to mount to.

I'm looking forward to spending my tax return on it if there is such a thing this year..

Alright, I've found that picture that Lloyd sent, and I have his permission to post it. RND website is RND Rifles :

Here are a few pics of what it looks like.
DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0251-1.jpg

The handle attatches to a picitinny rail and on a stud where that old bipod used to be. it's very solid and feels good on the hand.

Man, Lloyd does nice work. Is the Price $250? Does that include the short rail section? What is the scoop Jimmy? I also see you have the new bipod set up also. Nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blaster7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man, Lloyd does nice work. Is the Price $250? Does that include the short rail section? What is the scoop Jimmy? I also see you have the new bipod set up also. Nice. </div></div>

Yeah it is $250 for the handle, mount, and rail section. I ordered mine last week - hope to have it next week.

Krecon,
Thank you for the update. Damn Lloyd cost me alot of money. I am going to have to get a 4th job.

Yeah He does good work. 250 it is with all the goodies. The big new bipod id NICE. It has lots of features that you can't see unless you hold it.

My handle arrived yesterday - very nice and built solid. I'll get some close up pics up in the next day or so.

Question:
What is this handle for? Stability? Or do you actually carry your rifle around the terrain with it?

Cheers,

Master Diver

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master Diver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question:
What is this handle for? Stability? Or do you actually carry your rifle around the terrain with it?

Cheers,

Master Diver
</div></div>

The handle provides more support for the tube and allows you to carry the rifle (upside down) if need be. I bought it more for the extra support of the tube vice the carrying design.

Would have been nice to see rnd go with a collar to mount the handle like I made for my rifle. Also handle cxould have a mount for sling like mine

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krecon1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master Diver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question:

Cheers,

Master Diver
</div></div>

The handle provides more support for the tube and allows you to carry the rifle (upside down) if need be. I bought it more for the extra support of the tube vice the carrying design. </div></div>

For stability it makes sense. It looks like the tube will come loose in time if you haul the rifle around in that handle. Also to carry the rifle with its Scope down like that will not be smart in any hunting or tactical situation IMHO. Drag bag or Biathlon sling
wink.gif

I have been loking at a XLR stock for my Lawton set-up. I like the tube system for top mounted bipods like the RND-models. How does the tube on this set-up handle the weight and recoil of the rifle? Is there any signs of wear/play?

Cheers,

Master Diver

There is no wear or play. The tube is very solid with out the " handle". The handle finishes off the rifle with that m200 look with out the price tag. Im sure it does add a margin of safety to the tube by providing extra support if you dropped it. I find my self carrying it by the handle because it is comfortable on the hand. Lets face it these are big heavy rifles. Im not a "operator" but a civilian shooter that likes long range shooting. Im not humping this for miles. I pull it out of my truck and set up.
Long Action-As far as putting a colar look at the first picture in this thread. A colar won't work with night vision rails-etc. It would be in the way and you could not slide it up to clear the scope.(to rotate the tube off and change barrels) Its similar but different than the m200 handle making your gun unique. Will it reduce your gun by 1/4 moa? No..... But I think it adds function and looks better than the stud for the original bipod sitting there.It also will keep the tube from rotating and possibly loosening up.

Ok thanks for eleborating on the handle - extra support and protection is a good thing
wink.gif

The m200 look
grin.gif
Spin drift - Bobby Lee Swagger
grin.gif

Cheers,

Master Diver

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Spin drift - Bobby Lee Swagger</div></div>
LOL............thanks for the laugh
smile.gif

Im pretty sure it will. Call Lloyd and ask. Rndrifles.com

I have 3 RND 200 bipods on order with Lloyd right now. I am planning on posting how they work as soon as I can get them. Hopefully sometime soon.

Very good. I will look forward to your infor on the bipods. Seems like you already beat me to the same idea.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master Diver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok thanks for eleborating on the handle - extra support and protection is a good thing
wink.gif

The m200 look
grin.gif
Spin drift - Bobby Lee Swagger
grin.gif

Cheers,

Master Diver </div></div>

Pffffffffffttttt. Bob Lee Swager LOL. You would be surprised how many times I heard spin drift comming out of friends mouths after call of duty and the movie shooter came out.

I will say though that this thread has been getting my interest in grabbing up another EDM rifle. I've been wanting the .510DTC for quite a while and have been making excuses of why I shouldnt get one. Well I have been following the progress of the builds in this thread as well as watching rifle prices on both EDMs website and gunbroker go down to where I wont cry so much when I write out the cashiers check.

Congrats on the builds and keep em comming!