• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

After the 20th, adjusting the ugliness on here

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Guys,

We have one more upgrade to accomplish, they are working on the staging site now. On January 11th, that upgrade will happen. I am thinking after January 20th, we are gonna limit the public politics being broadcast on the site.

It's not a good look, it's ugly, its divisive even among our own members. I am getting 10x more reports turning each other in for "violations", which 99% were disagreements in politics and how people read those. We had members quit because of politics, which whatever, weak minded shit, but still, it's a bad look for everyone.

We still need to protect our 2nd Amendment rights, we are gonna be in for a big fight moving forward, but it can't be this free for all like we see today. Too many members don't understand this, and are saying stuff that can get all of us in trouble. Don't believe me, I can tell you people are being arrested and this site is definitely on their radar. The problem with public protests on here, where people are threatening or even loosely implying a threat, anyone can see it. When the other side sees it, they report you to the FBI and they have to investigate it. If we can take some of this public discourse to the inside, ie: the Supporter Forum, it's not public and personally I am fine with you venting your anger out of the public view, we might be able to dodge a few issues.

So the Bear Pit won't be closed off 100% after January 20th to politics, but it will be limited. I will create 3 Main threads, if you want to post title suggestions for the Bear Pit, by all means. Think it of like the Motivational picture thread just with politics. It will be easier to manage, I will be less likely to be a jerk about banning and removing people because it's balanced, and if you venture in for a look that is on you. We create an easier to manage situation for all.

That said, I will open up the Supporter Section that is semi Private to any political discussion like we have today. The bottom line, if you are not sky-lining the site, I would be much more chill about it.

So the When

January 21st 2021

The What,

Limiting political discourse, this a shooting site, not a politics one. We will created designated threads to use in place of just anyone posting politic stuff all over. We have to camouflage this stuff a bit, we are now in the minority and they are gonna exact revenge. I don't want to be left without a chair if and when the music stops.

Remember this is still business and a place many companies do business on. I understand the anger and frustration. We are not curtailing anyone's rights we are simply managing the public visibility because they are out there. Free speech is fine, except when others weaponize it, and I feel they have done that to us. Understanding nobody here will get a fair shake, we need to be smarter.

So people are actually reporting each other for violations?

What's the reasoning behind this? Liability issues? Or are they just being nerds?

I thought the mods just screened through posts and kept things in line.

This is probably overdue though.

Mods don't screen anything here, are you crazy ?

We can't follow every post made on this site, I keep tell you all, when people get in trouble they raised their hand or someone else told on them. Sure we see some stuff because we use the site like everyone else, but 75% of the time, you were told on.

We have a report button, you all are reporting each other, some are valid, some are revenge, some are stupid. But the they have increased in the last few weeks 10 fold.

What's the reasoning behind this? Liability issues? Or are they just being nerds?

(((They))), ( when this is used, many mistakenly think it means Da Joooos! When in fact it means the evil cabal, PC police progressive oligarchs, which consists of many “Religious” backgrounds) At any rate.

This needs to happen or else (((They))) will grind us into dust even faster. Let’s be smart about this. Save the LARP chest pounding for elsewhere.

Most members here feel invested into the forum. They have either contributed a lot, learned a lot, or both.

So when they see something that is out and out racist, violent, or generally detrimental to the site, they report it. And we appreciate it greatly.

Good call. While being a self admitted browser of the Bear Pit and even an occasional poster, shit's gotten weird. I need to just go back to my old habits of lusting after shit I can't afford and gleaning some good info.

Compartmentalizing it will certainly help the local concern. It's an interesting anthropology resource in its own way.

• Haha
    Reactions: Foul Mike
    If we are going to create limited threads, to be inclusive I suggest the following names for said threads:

- Liberal Tears
    - Conservative Snowflakes
    - QAnon Master Race

I'd be down to go 100% no politics though. There's much better things to discuss.

- Uncle Sam's Smack Shack
    - Stars and Stripes Extravaganza
    - The Outhouse
    - Nothing to See Here, Move Along
    - Analysis of Bylaws Under Legislation Surrounding Hidden Extrateresstrial Threats (aka Analysis of B.U.L.S.H.E.T)

Last edited:
    Rob and I can Scream for Vengeance
    Untitled 3.png

Sadly, its the right thing to do for the site. Politics were never allowed here for over a decade until someone threatened 2A. No reason to dirty the site now.

I think about the Bear Pit Post Names

Camouflaging them would be smart too

Sure we can do something easy like

2nd Amendment Discussion
    Free Speech Spectacular
    Lowlight's Secret Underwear Drawer
    Oddly enough the underwear drawer will be empty...😉

Can we have one to remember Shooter65 just called "Tits"?

• Haha
    Reactions: Boon20
    Good on ya, LL! Times are coming when exercising the 1A will let you test the validity of the 4A or lack thereof (Think it's already here and that fact is complete and utter bullshit BTW! ) .I don't want everything to disappear over a forum squabble... If the knowledge compiled here was a book I have yet to finish the first word. Still lots to learn!

Reactions: JLP83
    I think about the Bear Pit Post Names

Camouflaging them would be smart too

Sure we can do something easy like

2nd Amendment Discussion
    Free Speech Spectacular
    Lowlight's Secret Underwear Drawer
    You wear underwear....what a nerd🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Doc

• Love
    Reactions: Maggot
    Franks Unruly Cartel Kindergarten

Sorry I cannot get those chaps outta my head.

Are they still available?

I like

All Unicorns and Rainbows

Sniper's Hide Midget Tossing Contest

?

Maggot's Corner. 😂 :cool: 🇺🇸

Seriously though, This is your lively hood and you've been really tolerant, more so than I would have been. Thanks.

Now I reckon Ill get dumped on for brown nosing you.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    Well, crap. I use SH to get my political news. It's filtered and distilled through some trusted and smart members and I don't have to endure the incessant Medicare commercials on NewsMax.

When commies take over a government, the first thing to get shut down are the news sources.

Remember

you all make the forum if there are posts you don't like that is on you, you all interact with each other and know better

The problem is, you just never created a system to shame the assholes when they do post stupid or questionable shit. The problem with tossing it back on the site is twofold, one we because unwanted censors, and two nobody wants that bullshit job.

Mind your shit,

What happens is, I give people enough rope to hang themselves and when they do get strung up, they cry a river and their friends join in. Can't have it both ways, hence the changes.

If everyone feels so strong about it, I can start it now

Remember

you all make the forum if there are posts you don't like that is on you, you all interact with each other and know better

The problem is, you just never created a system to shame the assholes when they do post stupid or questionable shit. The problem with tossing it back on the site is twofold, one we because unwanted censors, and two nobody wants that bullshit job.

Mind your shit,

What happens is, I give people enough rope to hang themselves and when they do get strung up, they cry a river and their friends join in. Can't have it both ways, hence the changes.

If everyone feels so strong about it, I can start it now

We try but it usually just devolves into conflict and name calling.

Suggestions?

Reactions: camocorvette
    Bug, jugs, rugs, and slugs.

Just... think about it. Think long and hard.

Reactions: squishee