• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Age and Education

Kinsman

Slacker
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2006
Dallas, Georgia
Just wondering about the average age and education level of the members here.
I'm 67, high school with some college, no degree....

Re: Age and Education

39, BS, range time is cutting into my MBA program. Taking longer than expected.

41, a Masters in getting Kicked in the NutZ, with a minor in Functioning while scared sh!tless from the University of Navy Life. Proud member of the fraternity of Hospital Corpsmen and Chief Petty Officers.

All other bonified education does not transition well to the civilian world w/o additional classes to receive a piece of paper that says I am allowed to do what I've been doing for years.

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
All other bonified education does not transition well to the civilian world w/o additional classes to receive a piece of paper that says I am allowed to do what I've been doing for years.

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>

Amen to that Brother! 40 goin' on I just can't care anymore.

33 uneducated (other than former swabee) .....
wink.gif

59 BA Philosophy University of Virginia, Some graduate classes

39 y.o.
High School
Year and Half at Mississippi State
Three in a Half at Mississippi College (Accounting Degree with Minor in Business)
Worked for nine months(Bean counting not for me)
Back to Mississippi College for two Years(Chemistry Degree)
4 years University of Mississippi School of Dentistry

That is 13 straight years of SPRING BREAKS.

After all that I still can't type for shit

63, 12th grade grad. USMC Engineer Electrician Schools, some USAFI College Equiv, a lot of I/T commercial/corporate ed, tons of firearms related reading and research, vocational I/T technical writing, and a small amount of firearms writing (actually published..., that is... <span style="font-style: italic">P/S</span> and <span style="font-style: italic">T/S</span> mags).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> learning about life everyday. </div></div>

Theres the key

43 calendar years of age.

Maryland state HS diploma
45 credits of junior college
22 years experience pimping steel

22 years. starting 4th year for a BA in Ocean Engineering.

So basically I know absolutely nothing.

BS Aerospace Eng
MS Mechanical Eng

Took a helluva lot of kracker jack boxes to find the right degrees....

34. 3 years S.W. Missouri State, Bio-chemistry. Left school to work to pay tuition. Didnt make it back.....
4yrs. Todd Jackson school of gun painting.

58 years old, BS Accounting....NYIT

Retired after 33 years with the Big Uncle....

60 this past April. Associate degree at Mercer County Community College for programming and my BA from the University of Akron in Ohio ('73).

My problem is what to do after I retire? Toying with going back to school for welding or becoming a mechanic. I'd love to wrench for Porsche.

Maxwell

Basically, I was told that the thing College did was to teach you how to find knowledge and teach it to yourself. Been trying to do that ever since. Still don't know for sure if that definition was accurate, but the effort seems to have helped..., a bit...

I found out that after I retire, I do this... In some ways it's like a job, only 7 days a week, mostly.

Actually, I'm busier than I ever was. Family is around the corner. I shoot 1/2 hour away. My best friend shoots with me.

When the weather sucks, I build model airplanes and ammo.

When it really sucks, I go to Orlando and do the model airplane bit there, but the guns stay here; I'm on vacation, Dewd.

I read a lot of mysteries and scifi. My Wife has some physical issues, and I do most of the housework and help her when she lets me. I can get good at it and feel some pride about it, every bit of it. The house began in the 1870's and has some of its own issues, as does our 15 year old car. If I don't do it, it don't get done.

Life is full, life is good, I ain't complainin'.

Greg

PS ...says I as I lift the Happy Hour G&T to my lips. I done; it never pays to drink and post...

My suggestion to you would be pass on the mechanic "thing". This industry is still falling and has a way to go before it hits bottom American, Jap, or Euro.
I was a couple years into an engineering degree but had to drop out due to a family business needing full time attention as well as a day and weekend job. Should have stayed in college. My biggest failure in life came in the Marines when I was offered air traffic controller and turned it down. Fuck what an idiot wanted to get back home to a girlfriend soon to be wife, soon to be dumped. All in all I suppose I would not have met my wife if it had not been for my ex wife etc. etc. so I guess everything worked out good. I have had lots of money and I have been poor. The times I loved the most was when I didn't have a pot to piss in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maxwell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">60 this past April. Associate degree at Mercer County Community College for programming and my BA from the University of Akron in Ohio ('73).

My problem is what to do after I retire? Toying with going back to school for welding or becoming a mechanic. I'd love to wrench for Porsche.

Maxwell</div></div>

22 with 21 more years experience, Edgewmacated and Gradgiated from The School of Hard Knocks.

When not pulling a wrench(Semi Tractor/Trailer),I am usually pulling a trigger.
Currently a victim of "Change is Coming",(along with 65+ million others.)

308Panther

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">40 years old, and there's a really good chance I'm educated beyond my intelligence. BSME </div></div>

As long as it didn't go to your head...
wink.gif

I work at a place where most think education and intelligence are one and the same....
frown.gif