• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ages Of Sniper`s Hide Posters?

What`s Your Age Range?

• 15-19

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • 20-29

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • 30-39

Votes: 51 17.4%
  • 40-49

Votes: 70 23.9%
  • 50-59

Votes: 71 24.2%
  • 60-69

Votes: 57 19.5%
  • 70+

Votes: 31 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As the OP, certainly didn`t see my original post leading in this direction!! But if it led to a few smiles and pleasant recollections, so much the better!
Apparently as the poll indicates, you're dealing with a bunch of old guys here. It was inevitable. But thanks for doing this, I think a lot of us are having a pretty good time with it.

Reactions: Tiribulus
And we got started early on our grumpy old men thing.

My friend Lee was 17 years older than I was (he has passed on.) He would leave to get something and say, "I'll be back."

I would reply, "Thanks for the warning."

We normally took a short break at lunch during the week (construction) but go on Fridays to a nice little mom and pop diner where, about 25 years ago, you could eat yourself into stupidity for about 7 bucks including a dollar tip. For example, we would go to the Bill Smith Cafe on University Drive (Hwy 380) in McKinney, Texas. (They served breakfast and lunch only.)

We would go back to the job after lunch and Lee would say, "I feel full and totally useless."

I would reply, "How do we tell the difference between now and before lunch?"

Lee is the one that signed my certificate that I have shown here, that I have earned my paperwork to be an official complete asshole.
Yup, sounds like these guys :ROFLMAO:

Hell we used to sing that at summer camp!

Along with: (to the tune of coming round the mountain):

She was coming round the mountain doing 90

When the chain on her motorcycle broke.

She was found in the grass with a muffler up her ass

And her tits playing Dixie on the spokes!

An d then there was “great big gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts…”

Camp was not full of pussies back then.

Sirhr
Boy Scout Camp west of Austin in the 60's was in the cedar covered hills on Lake Austin. Charles Whitman was one of the volunteer Scout Masters. Three weeks after summer camp was over he went up on the U.T. Tower and did his thing.

We were right in the middle of the Vietnam War and most of our Scout Masters were in the military or former military, with names like Sgt. Clark, Sgt. Brite.

The Boy Scout Camp was called Camp Tom Wooten, but because of all the chiggers it was called Camp Tom Wooter-itch. The predominant slur back then that could be heard throughout the camps was 'queer', although most of us at ten and eleven back then didn't know what a queer was. Anyone that fuc't up was a queer. If you really did screw up you were ordered to the front of the Scout Master's tent, got yelled at and usually assigned litter patrol or latrine duty.

We had a flagpole that flew the Stars and Stripes that taps was played under, Marine Ka-Bars were commonly worn and one Scout Master carried a Colt Woodsman, we had a rifle range where I learned to shoot with peep sights, a screened in messhall that served the best French toast and scrambled eggs at breakfast, everything had a military atmosphere and bearing and I fucking loved it.

Last edited:
Apparently as the poll indicates, you're dealing with a bunch of old guys here. It was inevitable. But thanks for doing this, I think a lot of us are having a pretty good time with it.
Glad folks are enjoying it. The distribution, obviously, is muc h more evenly distributed on SH, although I thought the 30-39`s would be represented a bit more. As for rimfire shooters, what I find more than a little amusing is that it appears to be another example of life going in circles. For many, early in life, a rimfire rifle (.22 ) was the first " real " gun. Now, later in life, rimfires are once again what many primarily shoot.

what I find more than a little amusing is that it appears to be another example of life going in circles. For many, early in life, a rimfire rifle (.22 ) was the first " real " gun. Now, later in life, rimfires are once again what many primarily shoot.
I think that might be part of living on a fixed income. And honestly, I was joking around about it before to ya, some geezers don't like getting slammed around with recoil. Lets face it, when I hit my 70's, I'll probably concede defeat and pass my 7RM along to my nephew. I hope not, but I'm a realist. However, I'm also stubborn and might just suck it up. We'll find out when I get there. LOL

Reactions: Im2bent and lash
Glad folks are enjoying it. The distribution, obviously, is muc h more evenly distributed on SH, although I thought the 30-39`s would be represented a bit more. As for rimfire shooters, what I find more than a little amusing is that it appears to be another example of life going in circles. For many, early in life, a rimfire rifle (.22 ) was the first " real " gun. Now, later in life, rimfires are once again what many primarily shoot.
I've recently been thinking of my first serious shooter, a Crossman .177 pellet/BB gun. It was very accurate. I could break pencils, matchsticks and even lit a wooden match with it on my first try.
It was also a squirrel killer.

I didn't appeciate it or my mom working too hard to buy it for me one Christmas. Thank you, Mom.

Last edited:
Better make good use of that time…

Though she might start expecting things be done around the house while she’s at work.

Welcome to a next chapter in life.
Thank you.
Oh, she's already working on a list. I haven't seen it yet, but I think it's quite extensive. :LOL:
It'll still be better than showing up at work every day.

Boy Scout Camp west of Austin in the 60's was in the cedar covered hills on Lake Austin. Charles Whitman was one of the volunteer Scout Masters. Three weeks after summer camp was over he went up on the U.T. Tower and did his thing.

We were right in the middle of the Vietnam War and most of our Scout Masters were in the military or former military, with names like Sgt. Clark, Sgt. Brite.

The Boy Scout Camp was called Camp Tom Wooten, but because of all the chiggers it was called Camp Tom Wooter-itch. The predominant slur back then that could be heard throughout the camps was 'queer', although most of us at ten and eleven back then didn't know what a queer was. Anyone that fuc't up was a queer. If you really did screw up you were ordered to the front of the Scout Master's tent, got yelled at and usually assigned litter patrol or latrine duty.

We had a flagpole that flew the Stars and Stripes that taps was played under, Marine Ka-Bars were commonly worn and one Scout Master carried a Colt Woodsman, we had a rifle range where I learned to shoot with peep sights, a screened in messhall that served the best French toast and scrambled eggs at breakfast, everything had a military atmosphere and bearing and I fucking loved it.
Memories. Back in 1976 and 1977, I was in the Boy Scouts. Our scoutmaster was formerly a pilot in the military. In civilian life, he flew 747s. He was also a 5th degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and was teaching us scouts for free.

Our assistant scoutmaster was a US Army Ranger and taught us parade drill. Funny story about that later. Anyway, he brought an instructor who taught us how to live off the land. "Trained to eat things that would make a billy goat puke" brings back memories.

So, In my 20s, two friends of mine were murdered (wrong place, wrong time.) I went to the trial with the sister of one of them. This was at the Dallas County Courthouse. Back then (1989,) you could still smoke in the building but only in the stairwells that no one used, in favor of the elevators. During lunch break and jury deliberation, I would go to have a smoke there. One time, another guy was in there smoking a cigarette.

I was pacing back and forth. Three steps, toe and heel about face. Three steps, toe and heel about face. He was watching and asked, "Were you in the Marines?"

"No, I was not," I replied and explained how I learned it. It was worth a giggle.

I think that might be part of living on a fixed income. And honestly, I was joking around about it before to ya, some geezers don't like getting slammed around with recoil. Lets face it, when I hit my 70's, I'll probably concede defeat and pass my 7RM along to my nephew. I hope not, but I'm a realist. However, I'm also stubborn and might just suck it up. We'll find out when I get there. LOL
If I had a practical, convenient place to shoot, I'm not talking about some indoor pressure tube, I'm talking about a place to plink, run steel plates and shoot paper without some rangedick bothering me, I'd be blasting away right now.

I love the recoil of a .45 with beavertail rocking in my hand and my G19 is a hoot to shoot. So is my AK.

1000003527.jpg
1000003513.jpg
1000003479.png

If I had a practical, convenient place to shoot, I'm not talking about some indoor pressure tube, I'm talking about a place to plink, run steel plates and shoot paper without some rangedick bothering me, I'd be blasting away right now.

I love the recoil of a .45 with beavertail rocking in my hand and my G19 is a hoot to shoot. So is my AK.
What's stopping you besides lack of money or inherited land?:) JK

My check engine light is on. This weekend missing a match this weekend I have been looking forward too since it was announced early this year

Y’all can’t appreciate how pissed off I am……Age is a real bitch when it kicks in hard.

• Sad
Reactions: lash
Turned 70 last November. Have a war behind me …Vietnam , graduated from a good college , back when they were good. Retired with good Bennies. Been a widower for 10 yrs , have a beautiful daughter and granddaughter , been with my first GF ever for 6 yrs. ( met her when she was 15 , I was 17).
Got up this morning and ran 5 miles, got laid after a shower. Going to sight in a rifle later today. Making a Beer run too.
Too bad the world has gone to shit 😖. I didn’t think I would witness it fall. 🫤

Turned 70 last November. Have a war behind me …Vietnam , graduated from a good college , back when they were good. Retired with good Bennies. Been a widower for 10 yrs , have a beautiful daughter and granddaughter , been with my first GF ever for 6 yrs. ( met her when she was 15 , I was 17).
Got up this morning and ran 5 miles, got laid after a shower. Going to sight in a rifle later today. Making a Beer run too.
Too bad the world has gone to shit 😖. I didn’t think I would witness it fall. 🫤
You were a youngster in Vietnam. I’m 75 and was in country in 1971. (11C but assigned to Target Mission Force doing classified electronic warfare. Lots of fun, and we did a good job).

I must add that when I was your age, I was doing cycling time trials and if not winning finishing on the podium. Now the med pros are saying I might want to reconsider Racing. I had planned on racing past a hundred. Give me a few weeks and I might just say the hell with it, and start back training. You only live once I damned for sure don’t want to spend it sitting on a couch waiting to die.

You were a youngster in Vietnam. I’m 75 and was in country in 1971. (11C but assigned to Target Mission Force doing classified electronic warfare. Lots of fun, and we did a good job).

I must add that when I was your age, I was doing cycling time trials and if not winning finishing on the podium. Now the med pros are saying I might want to reconsider Racing. I had planned on racing past a hundred. Give me a few weeks and I might just say the hell with it, and start back training. You only live once I damned for sure don’t want to spend it sitting on a couch waiting to die.
I was young indeed !! Spent my 19th , 20th , 21st BD’s at Sea. 🥴. Graduated HS in 71 , went straight to boot camp. Lucky to have been on a badass Carrier ….the USS Constellation (CVA 64). My in country was only short TAD periods doing ship’s business. Had it made all things considered.
I was a decent runner in Jr & Sr High , been running all my life. Ran 2 marathons in the mid 1970’s , Most other distances I was a mid-packer at best. Love cycling , just don’t fall/ land as easy as before. Don’t ever plan to quit either , I don’t want to exist , I will live as long as possible.
I had hoped to live out my life way differently than I am now. Instead of safe inexpensive travels and enjoying the fruits of my labor and good health , I’m preparing for shit hitting the fan. Pisses me off to state it mildly.
🇺🇸

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick