• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI 6br Primer Test

AR-180

Private
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2006
The Triangle, NC
Today, I went to the range to see if I could find a primer that will work with an AI that has a larger firing pin. The primers tested left to right were Winchester #41, Winchester SR, Federal 205, CCI 450, CCI BR-4, and Remington 7.5 BR.

The load for each is 28.3 of IMR 4166, Norma brass, and a 107 SMK. I have set up a notification for a small firing pin bolt assembly at Mile High. Are there any other options with regards to rifle or AI retailer?
IMG_9520.jpeg

Can an AI bolt be bushed as easily as a rem700 clone? My smith worked at AI chambering barrels for a few years, he runs lrp 65cm brass due to the pin in his AT. I told him to Bush it as well, he said it's not that easy with an AI. Idk........my atx is small firing pin from factory.

Can an AI bolt be bushed as easily as a rem700 clone? My smith worked at AI chambering barrels for a few years, he runs lrp 65cm brass due to the pin in his AT. I told him to Bush it as well, he said it's not that easy with an AI. Idk........my atx is small firing pin from factory.
Yes they can be easily bushed. LRI did mine

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOfficeT-Rex