• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AI AE MKII Spuhr mount question

rong56345

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2010
Has anyone run into problems mounting a SPUHR ISMS scope mount system on an Accuracy picatinny rail??
Talked to Spuhr, and he said they didn't match up; the AI pic didn't meet picatinny specs. I want to unite all with a S&B 5-25x56.

Could use help!!
Ron

Re: AI AE MKII Spuhr mount question

See below...this comment is in the first link

Won't work on the AIAE MkII picatinny rail. Since with the screws and lug it's effectively got 5 lugs on the thing and the MkII rail is an interrupted rail, there is only one place that it will sit. This puts the scope way too far back for any eye relief. For the MkII users I'd say this mount is a no go!

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2166981&page=all

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2582830&page=1

i just stuck a S&B 3x12 in a spuhr on a ai ae covert and it works fine, whats the problem?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just stuck a S&B 3x12 in a spuhr on a ai ae covert and it works fine, whats the problem? </div></div>I believe the problem that TJ is referring to involved using a lower Spuhr mount. On the lower mounts the mounting screws engage a pic rail, and an AE pic rail isn't uniformly spaced, therefore it works. On the higher mount, there is only the recoil lug to worry about, and it will work fine on an AE.

A picture is worth a thousand words:
154899_10150126618774408_680984407_7972109_7891773_n.jpg

The problem is that the AE does not have a picatinny rail, nor does it have a Nato rail.
It has something else ....

If there is any problems , such as there might be for those who intend to use our lower mounts or other manufacturers mounts with multiple recoillugs then I recomend to change out that non-picatinny rail of the AE to the rail that USO are manufacturing for the AE.
Those rails comes with crosslots all the way, and is more than likely made to the specifications.

Håkan

Anybody else making Pic rails for the AIAE MKII? USO is great but their AIAE rail has 20MOA cant, and I need one with zero cant since my Sphur mount already has 20MOA cant....