• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AT from folder to fixed, possible ?

Action Jack

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Hi guys, just bought a lightly used 18AT. It is a factory folder...

My dilemma is, our state regulations (NSW Australia) do not allow folding stock firearms. Other states do.

To have the firearm registered in my state, it needs to be converted to a fixed stock.

From what I have previously read on the “usual AX” conversions, it appears that stock modification to factory folders is not possible?

Some insight or information from guys in the know, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If fixed to folder is possible, the reverse shouldn't be a problem...you'll just need the fixed stock, a heat gun, and some epoxy.

Reactions: Action Jack
I’ve done the fixed to folder conversion on my AT. No reason that the other way wouldn’t work either that I can think of.

Reactions: Action Jack
Looks like we have sorted the issue... we potentially have a fixed butt stock available from a local source to replace the folder with.... fingers crossed.. looking forward to finally getting it...?