• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AT non-folder to folder conversion

gravfed

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2011
Houston, TX
Did a little project last night--converted my non-folder AT to a folder. Very simple procedure--the same as the AX butt stock install (Thanks to @ToddM) for the link and confirmation this was doable https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threa...structions-and-pictures.6916920/#post-7403726 ). Only parts/tools needed are a plastic mallet, allen keys, q-tips, a pick to scrape off the old epoxy, a take off AT folder buttstock (thanks @JFComfort!) , a heat gun, and I used Devcon liquid steel to bond. Used the same non-folder skins, but used a dremel to cut the portion of the non-folder skins off around the hinge. The only thing that I had to do that wasn't covered in the AX buttstock conversion was remove the trigger to install the nipple to lock into when folded. Easy and quick to do and a relatively inexpensive way to have a folder if you can find a take off butt stock!

Attachments

• IMG-2559.JPG
    IMG-2559.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG-2560 (1).JPG
    IMG-2560 (1).JPG
    737.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG-2561.JPG
    IMG-2561.JPG
    626.8 KB · Views: 64