• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

AI AW 308 win barrel stamp question

jianhuang01

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2013
I took the new ai aw 308 24" rifle back home today. Found that there is a "AINA 308 WIN" stamp on the 1 o'clock position of the barrel, but from online pictures only find the ai aw rifle have the barrel stamp on the 3 o'clock align with the receiver stamp. Is this kind of barrel stamp on my rifle common? Or the receiver thread or barrel thread is out of spec? Thanks.

Re: AI AW 308 win barrel stamp question

Your barrel was chambered on a cnc machine. Its impossible to mark the barrel to the 3 o'clock position because of the timing from reciever to reciever. Its in spec no worries.

Rich

The barrel was chambered by me. AI doesn't index the threads in the action so I have no way of indexing the caliber engraving. Also there will be a mirror image of what you see on the opposite side of the barrel.

Thank you guys very much for the info. I understand more about the rifle now.