• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI Ax frustrating range day

Did you shoot all the groups from the same position ie prone, off a bench sitting, off a bench standing etc? It sounds like you may have induced some parrallax because they went down vs at an angle. That and shooter fatigue more so than an equipment issue unless it's a new barrel that has developed a carbon ring. Try cleaning it first might be just that simple

Sounds like you do have a problem with poi shift. As far as the groups opening up. I think that could be at least some shooter error. I know how frustrating it can be for a high dollar rig to fail. By the time I have shot 50 rounds in a situation like this I'm so pissed I can't see anything but red.

Had my bolt come apart too on AXMC 308 conversion. Fixed it with locktite on the set screws... so much for a reliable combat rifle.....

What shooting method are you using? Prone? What are you using to support the rear of the rifle? A rear bag?

I’ve seen time and time again guys shooting off of a bench or in prone using a closed fist as a rear rifle support wondering why they can’t shoot consistent groups. A seasoned shooter can do this effectively but it’s not a recommended way to support rear of the rifle.

Are you using a bipod?

another common mistake is.. if Your using a bag instead of a bipod for front support make sure you rest the rifle rail on the bag and not the barrel.

going back to the basics here but I’ve seen guys using high end rigs with improper rifle support.

Doubt It’s a rifle defect. Probably the scope or shooter error.

Update when you find a resolution

Last edited: