• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fieldcraft AI sidestock size tabel

bart.herens

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2011
best people,

My sidestocks of my m700 aics are broken so i need to buy new ones.Now they have told me that there are different sizes of stocksides so i have taken all the sizes and can somebody tell me if this are the correct sizes and wich stocksides i must order ? ( look picture below )

friendly greets,

distance screws are taken from center screw to next center screw

34h9lvn.png

download picture

Re: AI sidestock size tabel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bart.Herens</div><div class="ubbcode-body">best people,

My sidestocks of my m700 aics are broken so i need to buy new ones.Now they have told me that there are different sizes of stocksides so i have taken all the sizes and can somebody tell me if this are the correct sizes and wich stocksides i must order ? ( look picture below )

friendly greets,

34h9lvn.png

download picture
</div></div>

Is yours a short action or a long action? Folder or no? Other than color, those are the only specifications needed to order AICS skins.

Bart my man.... I think you're over thinking this...
wink.gif

mine one a m700 aics short action, but there are so much choices for stocksides that i dont know wich ones are good for mine :s.. that why i have taken this sizes, if someone owns a m700 aics long or short they can compare the sizes and tell me perfect wich one are good...

What exactly is a "M700 AICS SHORT ACTION" Do you live in the States or are you out of the Country? Reason I ask is different Countries might call their AICS stock by a different name when in fact it is the same exact one as a "AICS SHORT ACTION"..

@ Jackalope33B :

yeah i think its AICS SHORT ACTION,i life in BELGIUM and meaby we have different sizes here ,so if there is is somebody with a AICS short/ long action chassis, can he please use the picture and compare those sizes ? And lett me know if the sizes are correct and wich sideplates i must order..

only the AICS versions

It would be a great help to me

(ps: thank you haha, it have take a lott of time to make this size drawing )

Real easy. What cartridges (caliber) are you shooting out of you rifle? Please see if you can find some one with a slightly better knowledge of English as I think something is getting lost in translation.

Bart.

Do you mean the plastic "skins" when you say sideplates?

The skins are the green plastic pieces that you see in your photo.

@ ArmaHeavy :

Yeah the " skins " , on the productlist of accuracy international they call it stocksides.Now if im right it will be the AICS short action that i need but i dont wanna take the risk to order the wrong stocksides.. that why i have placed this size chart,people can tell me if they have the same size ( only AICS versions ) long / schort and than tell me wich one will fit on my AI.

Try contacting either Mile High Shooting or Euro Optic.

Both can probably get you a fresh pair of sideplates.

bart- Is that an actual picture of your stocksides and rifle (in the inset pic)? If so, based upon the fact that you have a short action magazine sticking out of it, you need to order a set of short action 1.5 stocksides.

This is not rocket science.

19Scout77 said:
Dear 19Scout77

No that is not my rifle, i have taken this picture as example to mark the sizes on,i have bought it from somebody. i dont know if its a custom chassis or not and thats why i try to ask on somebody to mesure the sizes of his own AICS and can tell me if the sizes of my picture are the same as his AICS....

For the THIRD time. WHAT ARE YOU SHOOTING??? What rifle? What cartridge.

IIRC the ONLY custom chassis that uses AI sideplates is manufactured and sold by Pete Lincoln (Roedale) out of Germany. I believe Roedale makes a chassis for Tikka T3 and Howa 1500 (and similar variants like certain Weatherbys and Smith and Wessons both made by Howa).

You are really making this way more difficult than it needs to be.

FYI Your measurement chart is for all intents and purposes USELESS. The specs you listed in your picture are the same for both the long action and short action versions of the AICS "skins"-except for the measurement shown in the inset.
In addition, the one-off chassis that uses the AICS skins will LIKEWISE have the same measurements--otherwise the skins would not work.

Fourth time---What rifle? What cartridge? Please answer these questions.

ok i have found it , have ordered new sidestocks. thx guys for the information..

Out of curiosity, where did you order the new stocksides from?

All AI stocksides start from the same mould, the only difference between them is how and where they're trimmed to fit.

hey man,

Sportingservices.uk, thats where i have ordered the stocksides but i have ordered the newstyle beacuse the old ones are going out of stock they told me.