• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aics mag pouch help

565fitter

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2013
Washington, WV
I am looking for a single 10rd aics mag pouch in multicam. All the pouches are double or Velcro. Since I use this for hunting I don't want to carry 2 mags, also I want a buckle entry to keep things quiet. It will be going on my pack it needs to be molle. I'm a little weary of the taco style because I'm afraid of them falling out while I'm hiking

Last edited:
The single 10 rounders from triad have a bungie retention on them. Not sure if that is secure enough for you though. I've got a couple of the double five and 10 round pounches from them and they are good quality. I don't have them handy but i'm thinking they have an a hook and loop cover to go over the Velcro so you don't have to use it and also have a fastex buckle. Also the sides have a bungie on them too the pinch them down. You could run 1 pretty easy in it with no issues.

Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Triad Tactical*::*All Triad Magazine Pouches*::*Triad Double Magazine Pouch

The two mag pouches will hold a single fine. It will not be tight but it will not fall out either.

The triad tactical doubles have a snap closure and a retention bungee, so even if you run them as a single you can still tighten the pouch around them.

I used a couple different pouches before I settled on Tacos. Your mags will not fall out. The level of retention was one of factors I considered when choosing a mag pouch. I run factory AICS mags. I could easily hang upside down and the mags would remain in the pouches and that's loaded.

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Open-Top-Magazine-Pouch.html
Our single mag open top pouch will fit your needs. No buckle, or Velcro, so its as quite as it gets.

IMG_0067.jpg

That photo shows two pouchs stacked together. The bungie retention is adjustable, so you can make it as tight or loose as you like. The MALICE clips work on MOLLE attachment as needed by OP, AND they work great on any belt up to 2 3/4" wide.

Here is some fit info for other mags:
SHORT ACTION POUCH:
-Holds 10rnd Short Action AI Chassis Mag
-Holds 10rnd Short Action Polymer 223 AI Chassis Mag
-Holds Type 1, 2 or 3 Alpha Mag
-Holds Type 4 Alpha Mag

LONG ACTION POUCH:
-Holds 5rnd AI 300WM/338LM/338CIP mag

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Open-Top-Magazine-Pouch.html

Last edited:
Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Triad Tactical*::*All Triad Magazine Pouches*::*Triad Double Magazine Pouch
Our double mag pouch may offer you a little more flexibility. As noted you can pull the bungie tight around the face and use a single mag if you like. You will have the option of securing the flap with Velcro and the buckle or just the buckle (there is a cover that will "hide" half the velcro if you dont want to use it).

Buckle has changed a little since this photo, but function is the same:
TT-MP1-AI-10-2-MS%20COMBO%202%20copy-01.jpg

OP asked about 10 round AICS mags, which is our option #2:

Size Option #1
-Holds TWO 5rnd Short Action AI Chassis Mags

Size Option #2
-Holds TWO 10rnd Short Action AI Chassis Mags
-Holds TWO 10rnd Short Action Polymer 223 AI Chassis Mags
-Holds TWO 10rnd Type 4 Alpha Mags
-Holds ONE 20rnd FAL/SR25/M1A Mag

Size Option #3
-Holds TWO 5rnd Long Action Chassis Mags(300/338)

Size Option #4
-Holds TWO Type 1, 2 or 3 Alpha Mags
-Holds TWO 10rnd Short Action AW Mags

Tactical tailor makes a single stack 10 round pouch with a bungee top

Single, molle, stackable and $15. sounds like a winner to me

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/762singlemagpouch10rd.aspx

Last edited:
There is also the tab pouch. I prefer the hsgi taco pouches.