• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AICS Stock Modification

koobs84

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2009
Fresno, Ca
For my next build Im thinking of getting a Badger M2008 action installed in a AICS 1.5 or 2.0 stock. I know the stock will need to be milled out for the action but I want to be able to use AW mags instead of the AICS mags. Will the stock need to be modified to accept the AW mags.

Anyone know any reliable gunsmiths capable of modifying the stock for the AW mags??

Re: AICS Stock Modification

I had one built buy George's crew at GAP and can't be happier with their work. Either mag will work with the AICS chassis, but the reciever must be capable of accepting rounds being fed from a double-stack mag. My rifle runs either mag just fine.

My $.02, send it to George Gardner and tell him what you want done, it will be so. Not to say that there aren't others just as capable, but my personal experience guides my advice. He'll be building another rifle for me.

From my understanding the M2008 could be made to take AW mags directly from Badger when ordering the action.

I just wasnt sure if the stock still needed further work to accept the AW mag
confused.gif

The M2008 action will accept the AW magazine the way that it comes from the factory. The AICS chasis mag catch may or may not need to be ground down to accept the AW magazine, but if you tell the builder that you want to run AW mags then you will have what you want in the end.