• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Aimpoint - great product, awful support

dbsinh2o

SSgt
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2011
VA & RI
Love their products, but here's an example of a company that apparently feels support is beneath them.

I left my CompM2 turret covers at the range by mistake. Gone.

After spending the last month sending over a dozen E-mails and phone messages to Aimpoint's "support" - nothing. They don't even have a support option when you call the support number. You have to know the name of a person or their extension to speak with a human, and they don't publish that information.

Pressing "0" (zero) landed me in the voicemail system every time (with the promise of a return call) - until today that is. After reaching a human (by accident?), I was told "We don't sell to customers." Well, why not say that on your "support" page?

They suggested I try riflescopes.com - and I had to pry that out of them. Sounded familiar, and turned out to be SWFA.

After some checking, they found some replacement covers in stock (not listed), so hopefully I'm good to go. A big thanks to SWFA.

So forget "Support" and check out Aimpoint's "Service" policy. The wording is entertaining (in a sorry kind of way)...

In case you have any trouble with your Aimpoint product, contact in the first place the dealer or the organization where you bought the product. They should be able to check your product, advise you on what the problem is <span style="color: #FF0000">and <span style="font-weight: bold">eventually they might</span> be able to repair it.</span>

All I can say is that I sure hope it never breaks!

Re: Aimpoint - great product, awful support

Wow. This kinda flys in the face of my experience. I emailed them, got a reply the next day from them. I shipped my Comp M4 with a broken windage adjustment screw in, and had it back in less than a month. Even though he told me that I'd (very understandably) get put behind any Mil or LE repairs. My M4 has been beat to shit, and I was a little worried that they wouldnt warranty it. I got it back around 3 weeks later, no charge at all. I can look for his contact information if you'd like. Sucks that you apparently got the run around, but I thought I'd offer my experience up.

Shawn

Re: Aimpoint - great product, awful support

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jamescaan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow. This kinda flys in the face of my experience. I emailed them, got a reply the next day from them. I shipped my Comp M4 with a broken windage adjustment screw in, and had it back in less than a month. Even though he told me that I'd (very understandably) get put behind any Mil or LE repairs. My M4 has been beat to shit, and I was a little worried that they wouldnt warranty it. I got it back around 3 weeks later, no charge at all. I can look for his contact information if you'd like. Sucks that you apparently got the run around, but I thought I'd offer my experience up.

Shawn </div></div>

Was pretty shocked myself. Have read of good experiences with them, but apparently they're no longer dealing with "customers". At least not directly.