• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Aimpoint vs. Eotech

sermonator

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2008
I know that the product guarantee favors the aimpoint, 10 years vs. 2 years. What I've noticed though is that comparitively, you see many, many eotechs for sale used, with very few used aimpoints for sale. I know both have there fans, but I just wonder if this is this a comment on the eotechs and people dumping them? This isn't to get the eotech fans riled up. Its a serious question as I have a friend that is considering optical sights of one form or another.

Re: Aimpoint vs. Eotech

I used to use an Eotech, mainly because that was my first issued red dot optic (after the trijicon reflex sights). I liked the first Eotech I had, then I joined another department that had Aimpoints and Eotechs. I stuck with the Eotech because that's what I knew. I went through a carbine course with my new Eotech in the winter months, and I was changing out batteries everyday, sometimes twice a day on long days.

After a week and half of this I had my armor switch out the Eotech with an Aimpoint Comp M2, and I haven't looked back.

I've heard that Eotech has resolved that battery issue, and I know of plenty of guys that prefer it. What I didn't like was the on/off and brightness buttons. It took a couple of seconds to turn the Eotech on, and wasn't easy to do under stress, or in total darkness with gloves on.

What I like about the Aimpoint is it's simplicity, just turn the knob until it is bright enough, no separate buttons for on/off and brighter/ less intense. The on switch is a dial on top and you can just role your whole hand over it; very easy, even under stress. Also, got to love that battery life; you can leave it on for months, and an extra battery is no issue to carry, very small and lightweight.

One cool feature in the new Eotechs though, is the different yard dots, I'm not sure exactly what they are calibrated for (yards or bullet type) I haven't really messed with the new ones we have now.

The battery drain on the Micro Aimpoint is the same if left turned on at setting 7 as it is with the unit turned off. There is no need to ever switch it off at normal settings. (It's probably a good idea to change the battery once a year or so if a duty gun, however.)

I shot both and perfer the eotech. I am a very little bit faster on a shot timer with the eotech. I say eotech for range gun. When saving lives is on the line can't beat the battery life of the aimpoint. Either optic is a good choice. Battery life on my Eotech is over 1000 hours.

I've played with a bunch, settled on the aimpoint t-1 and I wouldn't take anything else currently on the market over it.

Small size, light weight, durability, reliability, battery life, waterproofness, NV compatibility, it pretty much has it all.

I wasn't really looking for a "ford vs. chevy" view. I'm just wondering why there are so many for sale as opposed to the aimpoint? Is this a comment on people dumpting them?

Most likely guys are dumping them to upgrade to the XPS/EXPS. Which models do you see for sale? Or maybe guys buy them and realize they wanted magnification and get something else.