• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Air travel officially sucks again

it has always sucked -- you have too many dickheads in the airline industry it seems. I think they hired em all from greyhound

You must learn to bend....like a short reed......in the wind.

Alaska motto: " We're not happy until you're not happy!"

You just need to fly private or fly your own plane.

Our accountant's husband is a private pilot, so they get to fly around on multi million dollar planes to Canada and Europe and enjoy all the perks as they shuttle the super wealthy around. Then they have their own small planes and have fun just taking off and flying across country for the weekend. It helps when you have a hangar beside your house and your subdivision has a landing strip down the center.

You can actually share private flights for not too insane rates.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
weekend-afternoon-randomness-xx-photos-14.jpg

I always bring my own peanuts on and when they say there is someone with a peanut alergy I dig in. I figure a little dust should help them build an immunity. Crazy thing is, never once has anyone gone into anaphylactic shock.
I do the same thing! No ones had a reaction yet and the stewardess, I mean flight attendant, no god damn it they are stewardess, don’t say shit!

Ok another flight just announced that a single passenger has a peanut allergy so no peanuts were allowed on the plane

WTF

If am 20 rows away how is that an issue ?

No peanuts?
Okay, just bring a PBJ with you instead. It's no longer peanuts when you grind it into a paste, right?

Reactions: 1J04
Y’all oughta try being employed as a pilot for one of these asshole companies. Or even worse, a flight attendant (stew). Imagine dealing with this kind of horseshit every day. TSA, FAA, power tripping gate agents, company pc enforcement weenies....
I am continually amazed that there aren’t more flight crew in active substance programs.

Reactions: MarinePMI and 1J04
The Capt of the flight back was total class,

He came out and apologized in the best way possible, personally, and then kicked it in overdrive to get us back fast. He gave the back of the plane everything free he could and spoke to us up front like few have before. He was a great example of a true professional.

Safe travels indeed.

I've btdt back when I was traveling all the time. I literally had a 36 hour planes- trains- and automobiles trip once when I was in McAllen, TX and HAD to make it to a 10:00 AM meeting in Detroit. Good times!

Yeah, I hear you, btdt too. Had a "site survey trip from hell" once. (Monday)San Diego => Hawaii=> 6hr site survey=>(Tuesday) back on a plane to Tokyo=> Inchon Intl =>2hr van ride to Osan AFB (now Wednesday due to international date line)=> (Thursday) 8hr site survey/meetings => (Friday) wake up at 4am local => 2hr van ride to Inchon Intl => Tokyo => LAX => San Diego (still Friday). I didn't know what day or time it was for like three days...when I got on another flight heading towards PSAB.

I've done quite a few close to this, but this one was the worst. Post 9/11 "we have to have this stuff installed like now! Get it done." type travel...I'm glad I was a lot younger then. Shit would kill me now.

Reactions: lash and Maggot