• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alec Baldwin literally just shot two people

Here is some info,

“Special prosecutors dismissed an involuntary manslaughter charge against Baldwin in April, saying they were informed the gun might have been modified before the shooting and malfunctioned. They later pivoted and began weighing whether to refile a charge against Baldwin after receiving a new analysis of the gun.

The analysis from experts in ballistics and forensic testing relied on replacement parts to reassemble the gun fired by Baldwin, after parts of the pistol were broken during testing by the FBI. The report examined the gun and markings it left on a spent cartridge to conclude that the trigger had to have been pulled or depressed.

The analysis led by Lucien Haag of Forensic Science Services in Arizona stated that although Baldwin repeatedly denied pulling the trigger, "given the tests, findings and observations reported here, the trigger had to be pulled or depressed sufficiently to release the fully cocked or retracted hammer of the evidence revolver."

An earlier FBI report on the agency’s analysis of the gun found that, as is common with firearms of that design, it could go off without pulling the trigger if force was applied to an uncocked hammer, such as by dropping the weapon.

The only way the testers could get it to fire was by striking the gun with a mallet while the hammer was down and resting on the cartridge, or by pulling the trigger while it was fully cocked. The gun eventually broke during testing.”

So the fuck sticks at the FBI didn’t get the result they wanted so they beat on the gun until it broke and gave them the results they wanted which resulted in his initial dropped charges due to a faulty firearm.
The job of the FBI is to make evidence fit the needs of the state.

Armorer on the set

rust-ald.jpg

Reactions: Threadcutter308
As I remember the so called "armorer" was very low skilled and could be called a diversity hire. Not that is any excuse.

But who hired her.
Since she is female, I suppose it could possibly be a diversity hire, but as I recall, her dad was a well-known armorer in the business, so really more of the typical Hollywood nepotism.
I once went on a mission trip with a group that included the Assistant Director for the film "The Hitcher" (starring C. Thomas Howell and Rutger Hauer). The film was fairly recent at the time. While we were working together building brick walls for a church in a steaming-hot Amazon village I asked him, "How in the world did you get into the movie business?" He opened his arms wide, in a semi-sarcastic victorious gesture, and with a big grin blurted out, "Neopotism!!" He then went on to say his dad was in the business, and that nepotism is basically about the only way one gets in. The sarcasm was because he didn't feel it was right that it's like that, but he embraced the opportunity he was afforded and took advantage of it. This was late-80s.

Since she is female, I suppose it could possibly be a diversity hire, but as I recall, her dad was a well-known armorer in the business, so really more of the typical Hollywood nepotism.
I once went on a mission trip with a group that included the Assistant Director for the film "The Hitcher" (starring C. Thomas Howell and Rutger Hauer). The film was fairly recent at the time. While we were working together building brick walls for a church in a steaming-hot Amazon village I asked him, "How in the world did you get into the movie business?" He opened his arms wide, in a semi-sarcastic victorious gesture, and with a big grin blurted out, "Neopotism!!" He then went on to say his dad was in the business, and that nepotism is basically about the only way one gets in. The sarcasm was because he didn't feel it was right that it's like that, but he embraced the opportunity he was afforded and took advantage of it. This was late-80s.

Just because your daddy did something does not mean you are qualified. I do agree with the nepotism, I think that is half the reason she was hired, the other half of the reason was she is a she. Knowing what you are doing is not something that will get you anywhere anymore.....least of all in that business.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Just because your daddy did something does not mean you are qualified.
That was kind of my point. But in that business, that's who usually gets the call anyway. In this case she checked both boxes (nepotism and diversity) but not the one that mattered (competence).

Reactions: Barneybdb
She knows how to appear as a normal person when her life and freedom are on the line. It's too bad she didn't remember that when someone else's life is on the line.

This is the armorer in the court room. Comments from @Bigfatcock in 3... 2... 1...

iu
She could do with a few less cheeseburgers..........

She knows how to appear as a normal person when her life and freedom are on the line. It's too bad she didn't remember that when someone else's life is on the line.

This is the armorer in the court room. Comments from @Bigfatcock in 3... 2... 1...

iu
She’s definitely lost some weight, and I would definitely smash her off.

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed said that "Rust" was only the second time she had worked as a lead armorer on a film set. She said her first experience was on the set of the film "The Old Way," which stars Nicolas Cage and recently wrapped shooting.

Gutierrez-Reed also told the podcast that she almost didn't take the job because she hadn't been sure if she was ready for it.

"It was a really badass way to start off a really long and cool career," she said on the podcast. "It was also my first time being head armorer as well. I almost didn't take the job because I wasn't sure if I was ready. But doing it, like, it went really smoothly."
“I think the best part about my job is just showing people who are normally kind of freaked out by guns how safe they can be and how they’re not really problematic unless put in the wrong hands,”
Gutierrez-Reed’s insurer paid money to the family of a crash that killed a man named Tyler Dyer. Her boyfriend Aaron Butcher had borrowed Gutierrez-Reed’s motorcycle. She was accused of seeing the men drinking heavily before giving her boyfriend the keys to her motorcycle even though he wasn’t supposed to drive a vehicle without a breathalyzer due to a prior drunk driving arrest.

Apparently Fuckwin wanted to do another "take" and was rushing the armorer to reload for him the fuckery is shown at 0:56

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed said that "Rust" was only the second time she had worked as a lead armorer on a film set. She said her first experience was on the set of the film "The Old Way," which stars Nicolas Cage and recently wrapped shooting.

Gutierrez-Reed also told the podcast that she almost didn't take the job because she hadn't been sure if she was ready for it.

"It was a really badass way to start off a really long and cool career," she said on the podcast. "It was also my first time being head armorer as well. I almost didn't take the job because I wasn't sure if I was ready. But doing it, like, it went really smoothly."
“I think the best part about my job is just showing people who are normally kind of freaked out by guns how safe they can be and how they’re not really problematic unless put in the wrong hands,”
Gutierrez-Reed’s insurer paid money to the family of a crash that killed a man named Tyler Dyer. Her boyfriend Aaron Butcher had borrowed Gutierrez-Reed’s motorcycle. She was accused of seeing the men drinking heavily before giving her boyfriend the keys to her motorcycle even though he wasn’t supposed to drive a vehicle without a breathalyzer due to a prior drunk driving arrest.
on the set of Nicolas cage movie, I think she shot a live round off near Cage and it created some problems

While I might be able to agree that this woman doesn't appear to be the sharpest knife in the drawer, and was in over her head. From what I've read she was not the person to hand that gun to Baldwin and declare it, "cold".

It was handled and declared "cold" by at least one other person beyond her control, before it got passed off to Baldwin... (Who claimed he never pulled the trigger). How many rules of safe gun handling were broken here? And I don't give a damn about, "That's the armorer's job, because that's what they are there for!"

Would you bet someone else's life on that? Alec Baldwin, (regardless if you love him or hate him), is an accomplished actor, who has appeared in numerous westerns. And he has handled many weapons, (not "prop guns"), on the set like the one he fired and killed Hutchinson with. Regardless of who you are, it's up to the individual handling that weapon to check it. Especially if it was handed to him by someone other than the on set armorer.

This woman may be guilty of negligence to a certain degree. (And even that isn't a given). But certainly not a felony conviction of involuntary manslaughter. That carries a possible sentence of years in prison. That's bullshit served on a silver platter. Nothing more.

Reactions: Longshot231
The so called armourer was not even on set at the time, she had been sent off earlier (cost cutting measure?) and the gun left unattended on a props cart. Said gun had been used with live ammunition between takes (horseplay, staff entertainment?)